Washington Redskins Name Change... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Redskins Name Change...

It is a term that has historically been used to refer to the Native American/Alaskan race of people. It is not a term typically used to refer to these peoples any longer and it is considered offensive by at least some of them.

Would you defend the use of Washington Whites or Baltimore Blacks or Austin Asians or one of any number of derogatory terms used to refer to those races?
I've done work on 6 different native american reservations in the west over the years. They all call themselves Indians or natives interchangeably. Not going to get much pushback from them if the Indians stay the same name.

I've done work on 6 different native american reservations in the west over the years. They all call themselves Indians or natives interchangeably. Not going to get much pushback from them if the Indians stay the same name.
The Indians' logo was the much bigger problem. Whether you call a team "Indians," "Native Americans," or "Indigenous People," I think the days of naming teams after ethnic groups, particularly groups that have been historically abused, should be over. There are close to 9 million species on this planet from which we could choose team names.

The Indians' logo was the much bigger problem. Whether you call a team "Indians," "Native Americans," or "Indigenous People," I think the days of naming teams after ethnic groups, particularly groups that have been historically abused, should be over. There are close to 9 million species on this planet from which we could choose team names.
Fair. Just offering the perspective that I have from hands on experience.

1594669086961.png

Washington Minor Threats or Washington Fugazi work for me, but if they’re going to go in a musical direction, I think the choice is obvious: the Washington Dukes, in honor of D.C. native Edward Kennedy Ellington.

If Buffalo can call themselves the Bills, why can't Washington call themselves the Georges.
Besides the part where Buffalo Bill was a name and Washington George is not? The Washington Carvers would make more sense if they went that route lol
So let's compromise. The George Washingtons. Everyone is happy.
a-night-at-the-roxbury-top-snl-movies.jpg

Today things are gonna get really ugly for Washington. The name change will go to the back burner and won't be surprised if Snyder is forced to sell the team.

Today things are gonna get really ugly for Washington. The name change will go to the back burner and won't be surprised if Snyder is forced to sell the team.

I am sure Danny is firing up the legal team to take on Bezos as we speak.

I am sure Danny is firing up the legal team to take on Bezos as we speak.
Maybe. Danny wasn't smart enough to to get his legal team to get trademarks on the list of potential team names before someone else beat him to the punch. Not sure he will get his legal team to fix the storm that is about to be released.

Maybe. Danny wasn't smart enough to to get his legal team to get trademarks on the potential list of team names before someone else beat him to the punch. Not sure he will get his legal team to fix the storm that is about to be released.
It’s the Post that apparently has the story and unless Snyder can find something incriminating on Bezos it’s supposedly coming out today.

I hate leaking that a story is coming and then it’s underwhelming.
I am expecting the story to be the organization has called employees the n word including Charles Mann, Snyder, Bruce Allen etc. and fostered a hostile work environment

Maybe. Danny wasn't smart enough to to get his legal team to get trademarks on the list of potential team names before someone else beat him to the punch. Not sure he will get his legal team to fix the storm that is about to be released.

My understanding is they trademarked Bravehearts a couple of years back. But he's also stubborn as they get, so...

It’s the Post that apparently has the story and unless Snyder can find something incriminating on Bezos it’s supposedly coming out today.

I am expecting the story to be the organization has called employees the n word including Charles Mann, Snyder, Bruce Allen etc. and fostered a hostile work environment
True. What I heard was sexual harassment of cheerleaders worse than back in 2013, sex trafficking, prostitution and drugs...all in the owners boxes. Long-time play by play announcer resigned late last night already because of all this.

I don't think that does it, he had the hostile work environment thing for 20 years. Back in the day he made interns pay to park at US Air Arena which was a mile plus walk from the stadium and they'd have to walk there hours after gametime. He's the worst. The dark twitters had Epstein but he doesn't seem the type.

The comments are right this sounds like stuff the Dallas Mavericks went thru years ago but because Mark Cuban is likeable he survived while Snyder sucks so he is going to get Donald Sterling’d.

The comments are right this sounds like stuff the Dallas Mavericks went thru years ago but because Mark Cuban is likeable he survived while Snyder sucks so he is going to get Donald Sterling’d.

Pat McAfee is saying he heard there's on-field issues too that would impact the integrity of the entire league or something like that. He said the on-field stuff is probably a bigger deal to the NFL than the disgusting off-field stuff that's coming down the pike.

Pat McAfee is saying he heard there's on-field issues too that would impact the integrity of the entire league or something like that. He said the on-field stuff is probably a bigger deal to the NFL than the disgusting off-field stuff that's coming down the pike.

Deep twitter, again, paying refs. Which seems impossible considering how terrible they are.

Deep twitter, again, paying refs. Which seems impossible considering how terrible they are.

Man, either he was paying them to rig games just to hit on the spread/he was betting against his own team, or that was a hilariously poor investment lol.

I realize it's not Washington, but is there any other possible reason for not making that end of game PI call that kept the Saints out of the Super Bowl?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom