Washington Redskins Name Change... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Redskins Name Change...

what with the stupid teasing. they're announcing a name change but not announcing THE name change. are they going to turn this into a reality show?

Supposedly they just haven't been able to work out the trademarks for their new name and that's the reason they're just announcing that they're changing the name today and not what they're changing it to.

Supposedly they just haven't been able to work out the trademarks for their new name and that's the reason they're just announcing that they're changing the name today and not what they're changing it to.

so they're announcing that they're going to announce something we knew they were going to do

As a patent attorney they have to wait a pretty long time to get approval for their patent whatever name they want.

It takes usually over a year. Now they could buy the name off somebody who likely already has the patent to the name they want but I doubt Synder will spend even more money and will try and get the NFL to fit that bill.

Rumor is the name they want is owned by a patent hoarder and negotiations aren’t going easy.

They may just use a W logo and be Washington FC( Football Club) until they get the name they want.

Is that from an actual source or just speculation?
Until they announce the new name it’s likely what Synder will announce today.

Washington will have no nickname today and just be Washington Football Club until they pick their new nickname.

Again their is a patent hoarder which are annoying people who likely has the name they want. He just applied last week for Washington Red Wolves after the Post ran an article on the name. Only Snyder would be stupid enough to have someone leak before they filed with the Patent office.

All these names have had patent applications in the last week.
Eczat7MXgAAKMgb

One of them Is likely the name.

Washington will have no nickname today and just be Washington Football Club until they pick their new nickname.
Again, do you have an actual source or is it just speculation?

To be clear, I'm just asking about the being referred to as "Washington Football Club" part.

Again their is a patent hoarder which are annoying people who likely has the name they want. He just applied last week for Washington Red Wolves after the Post ran an article on the name. Only Snyder would be stupid enough to have someone leak before they filed with the Patent office.

Eczat7MXgAAKMgb

The Radskins lmao

I'd go with the College Savings Plans personally

As a patent attorney they have to wait a pretty long time to get approval for their patent whatever name they want.

It takes usually over a year. Now they could buy the name off somebody who likely already has the patent to the name they want but I doubt Synder will spend even more money and will try and get the NFL to fit that bill.

Rumor is the name they want is owned by a patent hoarder and negotiations aren’t going easy.

They may just use a W logo and be Washington FC( Football Club) until they get the name they want.
How much does one generally pay to get a patent on a name? And do you then pay that same amount yearly?

How much does one generally pay to get a patent on a name? And do you then pay that same amount yearly?
It’s expensive but you pay it when you apply and want to extend the patent.
I would say an average patent would cost 7,000 to 10,000 dollars depending on all the research it would take.

Wouldn’t a name be trademarked, not patented?
You would file for both since you want to make goods with the name.
USPTO( United State Patent Trademark Office) once you get the patent allows you to trademark it as well.

its going to be warriors. he already has the patent for the arena football team that may have been

You would file for both since you want to make goods with the name.
USPTO( United State Patent Trademark Office) once you get the patent allows you to trademark it as well.
My primitive understanding from my college media law class was that patents protect ideas. Is a team name really an idea? It seems like a trademark would do the trick.

I’m asking because you seem to know about this stuff. Are most company names patented as well as trademarked? I realize the ideas for their products are patented, but the company name too? Are band names patented as well as trademarked?

My primitive understanding from my college media law class was that patents protect ideas. Is a team name really an idea? It seems like a trademark would do the trick.

I’m asking because you seem to know about this stuff. Are most company names patented as well as trademarked? I realize the ideas for their products are patented, but the company name too? Are band names patented as well as trademarked?
Yes for sports team they own the patent and trademark.

The patent protects your name and trademark allows you to exclusively sell merchandise with the name or phrase.

The team will want both.

Yes for sports team they own the patent and trademark.

The patent protects your name and trademark allows you to exclusively sell merchandise with the name or phrase.

The team will want both.
If you have the time, could you explain why it would need to be patented? It seems like the trademark would protect the name. If patents are used to protect ideas, what idea is being protected in this case? Why is a simple trademark not enough?

Washington Veterans makes a lot of sense considering Rivera said there will be a military tie in.

Redtails is cool but might be too much of a stretch for Snyder. His ego may not allow it.

Eczat7MXgAAKMgb

My guess is #25.

Almond Blossom Roasted Nuts Leavenworth, WA EST. 2011

Can't wait to see the new helmet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online