We cannot lose to Greensboro | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We cannot lose to Greensboro

Let's print "Syracuse vs. " t shirts for every commentator that makes a snow or cold weather crack when doing our games. How dare anybody say anything about anything in this day and age!

If we lose it is just the latest symptom in a three year skid* that has provided enough red flags to date that something is wrong. Is it related to top talent not wanting to commit to SU because of the uncertainty surrounding a coaching transition; are we just not recruiting the right kids; has Boeheim become too blase or hands off as retirement approaches; has our defense become so static that its novelty has worn off and other programs now know how to dismantle it; is the offense just too stale; are our player dorms and other BB facilities lacking in some respect; do kids all of a sudden just not want to play ball in the snow belt of upstate NY?

Al Davis, Jr had the right answer. Just win, baby! Because when you don't everything starts getting questioned.

As a stock jock I know it is always darkest at the bottom of a bear market. Maybe we are at the bottom of a down cycle. But, right now I
really just don't see a path back yet to the days we're we were a reliably top ten, forgetting about when we where top five for a good while.

*I am aware we went to the FF last year, but lets be real, save for the big Virginia upset (the Dayton win was solid, too) we had the path cleared for us to a large degree by Middle Tenn and Gonzaga as they took out the 2 and 3 seeds for us. It was a great ride, but it was a bit flukey. Anyway, one mans opinion.

Good luck to all my fellow northeastern's as that monster blizzard barrels down on us.
dumb, on multiple levels

I could see how one wouldn't really care about the outcome. I think part of the reason I do is I'm uber competitive

Guaranteed that I will feel zero stress, lose zero sleep, and get ribbed on by zero people if we lose this game. No one plays for NIT titles, or mentions them as credentials at the end of a career. I honestly could care less.

dumb, on multiple levels

If you are going to criticize someone you should at least make a passing effort to do it constructively. I am always open to constructive criticism and hearing others thoughtful opinions. That said, please elaborate and explain why what I said is dumb on multiple levels.

If you don't think the national sports media won't blow this out of proportion if SU loses, you're delusional.
National sports Media isn't even covering the NIT much less blow it out of proportion. No one will even know who wins these games. The box scores probably won't even be printed by most papers or shown on major networks.

National sports Media isn't even covering the NIT much less blow it out of proportion. No one will even know who wins these games. The box scores probably won't even be printed by most papers or shown on major networks.

It will 100% be a story if SU loses. Sports media loves to pile on to Syracuse when they can. Look no further than the Le Moyne game and how that was SportsCenter's top story for 2+ days. It won't be a big story for long, but it will definitely be out there widely.

Hi everyone. I have not posted in a while...I transplanted to Greensboro from NY over 20 years ago. I bleed orange!.. and will always follow SU, The past week has been brutal with the coverage of JB and his opinion about having the ACC tournament in the big cities. Twitter, local stations, and newspapers have negatively run with sound bites from the Barclay's presser. Forget the fact that JB called into the Scott Hamilton radio show to clarify his comments. No one down here understands what JB was talking about. I am not shocked!

Please, Please pack the dome tomorrow night (I know snow is coming). We need to spank UNCG. Support the team. Go SU!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom