Where is Taurean...? | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

Guess there is an issue with tweets displaying on the board right now, but it still shows up if you go directly to his twitter account. It says "Seton Hall or Syracuse? For anyone who knows baskerball that's an easy choice. I love our team and our coaches."

Appreciate it. My phone doesn't do well here.

He may have edited his tweet after it was posted here and that is why the larry bird is showing in the original post.

Yeah, that one loaded immediately. Thanks, as usual, CL.

Attitude issues and an unwillingness to embrace a top 25 culture. I think he's better off at a Seton Hall and I wish him luck towards whatever family difficulties he may be experiencing.

Agree totally with W'boro'Cuse315 and I mentioned this to you last year. While I respect your knowledge based on your family experience, to continue insisting your diagnosis is 100% correct based solely on what you read on the internet, without actually knowing anyone involved, is rather irresponsible.

Some of the comments people have made about his off court behavior (social difficulties), observations (video above), very close to his mother, as well as his lack of communication leads to me wonder if he doesn't have a developmental disorder such as Autism Spectrum Disorder or something of the like. Now I am not psychologist/psychiatrist and I readily agree it could be they are not nice people and very selfish, but it still leads to me wonder what could be other explanations other than they are not nice and are selfish people.

Edit: BTW I am not saying I am correct, just trying to think of other reasons for this type of behavior.

Some of the comments people have made about his off court behavior (social difficulties), observations (video above), very close to his mother, as well as his lack of communication leads to me wonder if he doesn't have a developmental disorder such as Autism Spectrum Disorder or something of the like. Now I am not psychologist/psychiatrist and I readily agree it could be they are not nice people and very selfish, but it still leads to me wonder what could be other explanations other than they are not nice and are selfish people.

Edit: BTW I am not saying I am correct, just trying to think of other reasons for this type of behavior.

Oh yeah, I'm not ruling it out. I'm just not comfortable being so definitive about it as an outside observer.

I have never been a huge TT fan so I am not mourning this loss. I also don't believe that the coaches and players were not aware that this was going to happen or most likely would happen. I also think Seton Hall is starting to walk a line that will bring some attention from our friends at the NCAA. Odd stuff around that program.

I have never been a huge TT fan so I am not mourning this loss. I also don't believe that the coaches and players were not aware that this was going to happen or most likely would happen. I also think Seton Hall is starting to walk a line that will bring some attention from our friends at the NCAA. Odd stuff around that program.
I don't see how this isn't an obvious tampering situation. Other schools need to get permission before they talk to him.

Smh at the ignorance regarding Thompson's status. Seton Hall board stating he was not on scholarship so he can play immediately. First, doesn't matter if you are on scholarship or not. We have had walk ons in the football program seek put and receive scholarship opportunities and the need to red shirt or drop down a level to play.
Second, Thompson most definitely received an athletic scholarship. What he did not do is sign an LOI as he committed after the last date for an LOI to be submitted.
As I posted in another thread, if he did not receive permission to talk to Seton Hall or if Syracuse does not grant a release he CANNOT be offered an athletic scholarship there for the first year. He can transfer and attend but he pays his own way that first year. I would expect Syracuse to at least compel him to talk to JB and explain his circumstances before granting a release. Make him man up.
If he does, and if there is truly a family situation that he needs to be closer to home, grant the release, support him through the transfer process and wish him and his family well. If not, deny the release and teach him that when you break a commitment there are consequences.

What am i missing? How is 1 hour not significantly different from 8 hours, round trip?
And we're talking about Syracuse winter driving. The last time i went to Syracuse, it was for a basketball game, and we almost died. White-out snowfall on the highway, and 18-wheelers were jack-knifing. That was the last time.
Plus, if you drive up for an evening/night game, aren't you staying the night? And, aside from making it easier on just his mom, you gotta figure there are friends and other family members who can more easily attend games. If, in fact, this is what it really is about.
You could have made this excuse for him in May. Not at this point. Not when he announces the first day of classes. Not when he (apparently deliberately) leaves us in the lurch without time to recruit another player. Not when he suddenly shows up at SH and a roster spot miraculously opens up for him like the red sea. Waaaaaaay too late for excuses. This was a selfish, immature, insulting move that reeks of tampering by SH -- even Gary Battle's not buying it. I don't know how else you process this given the maneuvering and the timing.

Last edited:
The family situation is:
  • Mama wants him closer to home so she can attend practice every day
  • Mama wants him to be the focal point of the offense
  • Mama doesn't want him playing defense
  • Mama doesn't want him playing too many minutes or he'll get burned out before he reaches the NBA

Hmmm...will be interesting to see if SU uses the block. I don't think they will...but I wouldn't blame them if they did, especially if they think something shady went down...also SH is a prime recruiting area for SU...

The family situation is:
  • Mama doesn't want him playing too many minutes or he'll get burned out before he reaches the NBA

I can believe the first 3 but is #4 for real?

The family situation is:

LOLSMH.

Attend practice every day? Seriously? That's gotta be so embarrassing for TT. Man, he had a 250 mile buffer zone from stuff like that.

Smh at the ignorance regarding Thompson's status. Seton Hall board stating he was not on scholarship so he can play immediately. First, doesn't matter if you are on scholarship or not. We have had walk ons in the football program seek put and receive scholarship opportunities and the need to red shirt or drop down a level to play.
Second, Thompson most definitely received an athletic scholarship. What he did not do is sign an LOI as he committed after the last date for an LOI to be submitted.
As I posted in another thread, if he did not receive permission to talk to Seton Hall or if Syracuse does not grant a release he CANNOT be offered an athletic scholarship there for the first year. He can transfer and attend but he pays his own way that first year. I would expect Syracuse to at least compel him to talk to JB and explain his circumstances before granting a release. Make him man up.
If he does, and if there is truly a family situation that he needs to be closer to home, grant the release, support him through the transfer process and wish him and his family well. If not, deny the release and teach him that when you break a commitment there are consequences.
I agree but i don't really buy his reasonings. Everything about him screams bad apple.

Agreed...if SU did block, that could be a pre-cursor to them asking for an investigation into this situation.

As I read it the "block" only means the new school cannot offer an athletic scholarship for the first year. Probably a deal killer but not necessarily a complete road block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom