Where is Taurean...? | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

Interesting ZagsBxxg interview with Jake Forrester about his recent visit to Seton Hall. He met with Taurean Thompson who just enrolled after transferring from Syracuse. The coaching told them that Jake would play the Four position in 2018 and Taurean (after sitting out this year) would be the 5 ( or center). Kind of surprised because I thought that TT or his mother did not like playing the 5 position at Syracuse. TT had problems playing defense in the SU zone, I wondered what he will be like in Seton Hall's defense as the 5. Tried to hide his D in the zone; don't think it will be easy to hide in a man to man.

Interesting ZagsBxxg interview with Jake Forrester about his recent visit to Seton Hall. He met with Taurean Thompson who just enrolled after transferring from Syracuse. The coaching told them that Jake would play the Four position in 2018 and Taurean (after sitting out this year) would be the 5 ( or center). Kind of surprised because I thought that TT or his mother did not like playing the 5 position at Syracuse. TT had problems playing defense in the SU zone, I wondered what he will be like in Seton Hall's defense as the 5. Tried to hide his D in the zone; don't think it will be easy to hide in a man to man.

Im not sure I agree that you can hide a player's defensive deficiency at the 5 spot in our zone. I would argue the opposite.

For me, I just try not to think of TT anymore. I wish him no ill will, and love to see him flourish in a place that feels more comfortable to him. Meanwhile, the defense(JB's main focus) improves, and hopefully the vacuum gets somewhat filled(or more?) but a player or 2 stepping up. I wont mock anyone else for obsessing about him and/or his mother(is it that she is a MILF, is that why y'all do it?), but for me I'd rather concentrate on what we have, instead of what we dont.

Im not sure I agree that you can hide a player's defensive deficiency at the 5 spot in our zone. I would argue the opposite.
Thompson also played the 4 in our zone while Lydon played the 5 on defense.

For me, I just try not to think of TT anymore. I wish him no ill will, and love to see him flourish in a place that feels more comfortable to him. Meanwhile, the defense(JB's main focus) improves, and hopefully the vacuum gets somewhat filled(or more?) but a player or 2 stepping up. I wont mock anyone else for obsessing about him and/or his mother(is it that she is a MILF, is that why y'all do it?), but for me I'd rather concentrate on what we have, instead of what we dont.
Same for me, Capt. Too damned much DRAMA. Part of me feels like I just got rid of a migraine. From now on it's...out of sight, out of mind. Like you, I choose to be forward looking.

catch and shoot. that was taureen's offense. his defense well...did he play defense ????

So, instead of being an important piece to a program with major exposure and possibly being able to go pro next year, he will sit out this year and then play next year for a team nobody pays attention to, even when they are decent, which they won't be because their best guys are done after this year and he maybe paying his own way this year? Well thought out plan.

I just can't believe the silence by the SU staff. This is embarrassing to say the least losing to Seton Hall of all teams.

That's the NCAA terminology for sitting out a year. Why is Zags making it sound unique?

I think it is because TT didn't go through the proper channels when leaving SU and going to SH. So it could be a loop-hole where he is a regular academic transfer student who will "tryout" for the team when his year is done. Then SH can give him a scholarship for the 3 years he has left. Here is the NCAA rule.

"If your current school does not give you written permission-to-contact, another school cannot contact you and encourage you to transfer. This does not preclude you from transferring; however, if the new school is in Division I or II, you cannot receive an athletics scholarship until you have attended the new school for one academic year."

I think it is because TT didn't go through the proper channels when leaving SU and going to SH. So it could be a loop-hole where he is a regular academic transfer student who will "tryout" for the team when his year is done. Then SH can give him a scholarship for the 3 years he has left. Here is the NCAA rule.

"If your current school does not give you written permission-to-contact, another school cannot contact you and encourage you to transfer. This does not preclude you from transferring; however, if the new school is in Division I or II, you cannot receive an athletics scholarship until you have attended the new school for one academic year."
I've only ever heard the term used in this context...

Transfer terms

So does this mean he is not on athletic scholarship? Is he a full time matriculated student? If so, who is footing the $60k bill?

I just can't believe the silence by the SU staff. This is embarrassing to say the least losing to Seton Hall of all teams.

They didn't lose him. This wasn't a recruiting battle for a prospect. There was likely tampering involved. What is SU supposed to do? Rant and rave publicly? Take the high road here and if there was any funny business on Seton Hall's part then you file a charge with the NCAA.

So does this mean he is not on athletic scholarship? Is he a full time matriculated student? If so, who is footing the $60k bill?

It could be similar to Ivy League schools that provide financial aid packages in lieu of scholarships.

Wasn't he trying to go to the NBA after this year? He would have got all the exposure he needed this year to enter the draft. How does this help his basketball future at all? I honestly would not be surprised if he never sees the court at the Hall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom