Yes or no our next HC is on the bench now | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Yes or no our next HC is on the bench now

Is our next HC a current SU assistant?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Past performance does not guarantee future success.

The UNCs and Kentucky's and Kansas and maybe now Duke teams of the world will reload and continue winning forever. They have backers and systems and facilities to guarantee that. We have the Melo Center and HC who has been sitting in his chair for 43 (or whatever the number is) years. I'm thinking Townie is correct in thinking that whatever comes after JB won't be as good as what we've had.

Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, and most certainly won't be the last.

Saying UW is a better job than Syracuse is like saying Syracuse is a better job than UNC and you sound as crazy as Townie. I’m here to call out stupidity. People want to talk up UW go find the Washington sports boards.

The possibility exists that your values have been misplaced for 45 years. It’s only a basketball game.
If it was only a basketball game we wouldn't be spending so much time on this site. Winning basketball has been a key element of winter survival for the last 40 years -- a fun diversion during 4 months of freezing grey dinge.

Saying UW is a better job than Syracuse is like saying Syracuse is a better job than UNC and you sound as crazy as Townie. I’m here to call out stupidity. People want to talk up UW go find the Washington sports boards.

Not sure crazy is the right word, but maybe.

The AD job has nothing to do with basketball. Nothing. And that was voted the fourth best job in the conference just last year.
That didn't come up when I just googled it.

The poll allowed for written comments to the best and worst opportunity and one response – it listed Syracuse as the worst in the ACC — says the football and basketball programs are what’s holding the Orange back.
“Syracuse is trying to emerge in football but it’s happening when Clemson provides a difficult glass ceiling,” they wrote. “Because of a number of challenges (location, following a legend, unreasonable fanbase), their basketball brand may never be what it once was.”

That didn't come up when I just googled it.

The poll allowed for written comments to the best and worst opportunity and one response – it listed Syracuse as the worst in the ACC — says the football and basketball programs are what’s holding the Orange back.
“Syracuse is trying to emerge in football but it’s happening when Clemson provides a difficult glass ceiling,” they wrote. “Because of a number of challenges (location, following a legend, unreasonable fanbase), their basketball brand may never be what it once was.”

Then why are you a fan then? The coaches and media’s certainly don’t agree. You and a few others have gotten stupid. I’m done with it.

Then why are you a fan then? The coaches and media’s certainly don’t agree. You and a few others have gotten stupid. I’m done with it.
Because it's where I went to school.

If all that matters is location Miami, Florida International, USC, UCLA, San Diego State, College of Charleston would be the best teams every year.
Location matters for kids families go to games.
The weather of the school has no bearing on recruits.
Michigan, Wisconsin do fine. Their locations suck.

If all that matters is location Miami, Florida International, USC, UCLA, San Diego State, College of Charleston would be the best teams every year.
Location matters for kids families go to games.
The weather of the school has no bearing on recruits.
Michigan, Wisconsin do fine. Their locations suck.

people have become stupid. We have a good AD anyway. The football job is difficult. Syracuse has won about 70 percent of their games in basketball for the past 11 decades.

people have become stupid. We have a good AD anyway. The football job is difficult. Syracuse has won about 70 percent of their games in basketball for the past 11 decades.
The football job is hard because NYS doesn’t produce enough FBS talent each year.
NYS and the northeast prep schools produce enough basketball talent to supply the Big East, A-10, ACC, Big Ten and everyone else each year.

Football becomes a harder job because you have to go into PA/NJ/FL/DC/MD and compete with the state schools for the talent in their backyard.
Basketball doesn’t have too do that.
Plus we only we need a couple of kids per school.
Football needs a large influx each year.

I’m sorry, you’re as wrong as wrong can be. Hop has always been beloved by longtime Syracuse fans. I’m from Syracuse and everyone in my family is a rabid Syracuse fan, and we’ve all expected Hop to be JB’s successor since the late 90s/early 2000s.

You remember his 9 game head coaching stint? You're wrong bud, plenty of proof on this forum.

Even if you take the last two years it’s not a better job. We were the same exact seeds last year and two years ago UW missed the tourney. The pro UW stuff has got about as stupid as someone saying Syracuse is a better job than UNC. Give me a break.

Why is Hop bringing better recruits to Seattle than JB is bringing to Syracuse? It isnt stupid it's turning into a real thing.

and they are dumping a 100 million into it. This entire thread is a troll job by people who’ve switched alliances since Hopkins left. I’m here to call that out. We stink, but it can be fixed.

Its not going to be fixed until JB is gone and the recruting gets better.

I love your posts and we agree a lot, but this and recruting we are 100% opposite. We cant and don't recruit great players and the product on the court proves that.

We both want the same thing but the only thing consistent is the garbage we see on the court and recruits outside the top 75.

Its not going to be fixed until JB is gone and the recruting gets better.

I love your posts and we agree a lot, but this and recruting we are 100% opposite. We cant and don't recruit great players and the product on the court proves that.

We both want the same thing but the only thing consistent is the garbage we see on the court and recruits outside the top 75.

That wasn’t what I said at all. I agree JB needs to go. The Washington job is not better.

That wasn’t what I said at all. I agree JB needs to go. The Washington job is not better.

Syracuse is a better job.

Right now I'd bet on Washington winning a title before Syracuse the way things stand right now.

I think our A.D. is a pretty smart guy and I really don’t think or hope that he will not allow anybody on the staff after JB is gone to coach this team! As a lot of people say this is a prestigious program and I think we deserve a prestigious coach nothing less. somebody that has had its success somewhere or numerous places that would come here and/or want to come here and succeed

Say Hop tears it up at UW, he wins the league every year, he reloads year in and year out, he puts up a great record, he gets a top 4 seed pretty much every year and UW is annually mentioned as a FF contender. That sounds a whole lot like Few at Gonzaga and he's not going anywhere. Sentiment only goes just so far and if Hop's got a great gig going and he's making good money in a program he built from scratch, that's pretty much just like his mentor did when he was Hop's age. And Seattle's a cool place to live. If he leaves UW for SU, those heart strings tugging on him will have to be strung pretty tight. Going back in time to go forward in life or in your career hardly ever works.
I really think people should just let this Hopkins coming back to Syracuse go. I just don’t see it happening. There might be a very slim chance and maybe I’m just not in the know but I don’t see it, and besides there’s plenty of good coaches you don’t have to go after hop

I think our A.D. is a pretty smart guy and I really don’t think or hope that he will not allow anybody on the staff after JB is gone to coach this team! As a lot of people say this is a prestigious program and I think we deserve a prestigious coach nothing less. somebody that has had its success somewhere or numerous places that would come here and/or want to come here and succeed
If JB announces his retirement in the summer how isn’t his successor a current assistant?
That is what I would put money on happening.

Penn State has survived in football post Joe Paterno.
Florida State has survived in football post Bobby Bowden.

Syracuse will be fine in basketball post Jim Boeheim. Nobody but Townie believes JB is bigger than the program.
If the program falters even more than what we’re seeing it’s because they made the wrong hire plain and simple. Not because the program or brand is permanently damaged goods. And it’s hard to do worse than a losing season.

No...the next SU head coach is not on the bench.
Right now he may be under it.
In a fetal position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online