Best meal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Best meal

What I enjoy would be vastly different than a recruit that's for sure.

The Brewster Inn is terrific
The Brewster is the best restaurant in the area. Also the best place to buy fresh fish for home prep.

Wish Dominick was still around. Old school dominicks had the best damn prime rib on mondays and saturdays. I miss that meal more than any meal in town
Wow. Me too !!!

Outside of Syracuse, for my graduation my parents took me to dinner at The Krebs in Skaneateles. Back then they came by with course after course on big silver platters. Over 40 years later my mom still talks about that dinner. A couple years later my wife and I were having dinner at Scotch and Sirloin when JB and Bernie Fine came in with a couple of recruits and they say at the table next to us. I don't remember who the players were or who else was in the SU entourage.
I wonder if Krebs is still considered an elite restaurant. Growing up in Skaneateles (class of 80) the stories of people coming from all over the country to eat there were widely known. One of my best friends took a trip to Alaska with his family for the summer. When they were there, they told a couple they were from Skaneateles and the first thing the people said was “Is Krebs still there?”

I wonder if Krebs is still considered an elite restaurant. Growing up in Skaneateles the stories of people coming from all over the country to eat there were widely known. One of my best friends took a trip to Alaska with his family for the summer. When they were there, they told a couple they were Skaneateles and the first thing the people said was “Is Krebs stop there?”
It still is

Welcome Inn on Tully St. had an actual 90 year old Ukrainian grandmother making pierogis in the front room. Unfortunately closed a few years ago, but you don't find that kind of thing many places.

Bonzai Beef at Blue Tusk, pastrami at Lieh's and Steigerwald, and calzones at Angotti's are also my favorites.

There used to be a Mexican joint in Solvay back in the 90s that was really good. It moved to Lakeland at one point I believe. I couldn't find the name when I looked

I had a great meal in the 1820 house in Skaneateles. Best dinner I can think of off the top of my head.
We went to the 1820 House after my daughter’s graduation from SU. It was a fantastic meal with a great view of the lake,

Apizza or Toss n Fire Have the best pizza in the area.

Francescas has the best overall Italian food.

Eden is the best newer restaurant in the area.

We go the Preserve a bunch in the inner harbor.

If anyone gets out to Bville you have to get to Brick N Barrel and if you love garlic you need to go to Angry Garlic.

Yeah, if pressed I would say that Eden is where I've had my best meal ever in CNY.

Highly recommend. I hope they recover from the bad year.

The best eating experiences in every city always involve mom and pop restaurants run by immigrants who cook food based on recipes that were passed down for generations. Syracuse is lucky enough to have TONS of these. My recommendation head to the North Side, where all the best food is. New Century, Taste of Africa, or my current favorite Habibas. It doesn't even matter the country, you can't go wrong. If you want desert try cookies from Ninos or chocolate from Speahes.

Throw Pyramids Halal on your North Side mom and pop list, along with Ethioeritrea and Esquina Habanera.

Francesca's, especially in the summertime and you can sit in their courtyard outback...You would not think you are in Syracuse at all!
Yeah, forgot about Franscesca’s. They’ve got to be in there too.

But if I’m bringing in someone from out of town and I want to take them someplace for a good meal AND a great time, we’re probably going to Kitty Hoynes.

Just did a quick search - Tonino's Trattoria on Oswego Rd. in Liverpool. Not there anymore, I believe.
Hasn’t been there for decades. The building is Sharkeys now. Backs up to the new Amazon warehouse.

Backs up to the new Amazon warehouse.
I haven't driven down Morgan Road in a few years but the thought of a giant warehouse being there instead of the golf course is kind of depressing to me. Although I know obviously it's a job creator.

I haven't driven down Morgan Road in a few years but the thought of a giant warehouse being there instead of the golf course is kind of depressing to me. Although I know obviously it's a job creator.
Yep

where I learned how to play

no more hooking drives into traffic on 11

Yep

where I learned how to play

no more hooking drives into traffic on 11
My parents actually had their wedding reception there. And that's where I feigned interest in playing golf with my Grandpa only because he would let me drive the cart at like age 9.

Weitzman saved the Krebs. Place was falling apart

just before all this nonsense hit had an excellent Sunday brunch and sweaty Daniel Baldwin was in the house.

Their brunch is off the charts. Great dinner too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom