Better Call Saul | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

Amazing episode.

Really, this series is on par with Breaking Bad, IMO. It just continues to get better, and better, and better, and more compelling.

I know what the above implies -- and I'm not stating it lightly. This show has FAR exceeded my expectations, and last night's episode really ratcheted up the intensity.

Lalo has been a great addition to the show. That guy is entertaining in every scene he’s in. A charismatic, yet menacing and smart, nut job.
lalo is great

but mike is a lazy, mary sue character. a stain on gilligan's reputation

Really really thought kim would be in that car at the end

OK, I have a question. As someone who never binge-watched either show, but as someone who now has plenty of time on my hands, should I start with Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul?

OK, I have a question. As someone who never binge-watched either show, but as someone who now has plenty of time on my hands, should I start with Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul?

Breaking Bad. Even though Better Call Saul is a prequel, there’s things in it that will make sense if you’ve seen Breaking Bad...but watching it in the other order, you won’t get why these things are a big deal.

Breaking Bad. Even though Better Call Saul is a prequel, there’s things in it that will make sense if you’ve seen Breaking Bad...but watching it in the other order, you won’t get why these things are a big deal.

I have actually not watched Breaking Bad but I love Better Call Saul. I know there are things that I may miss or not quite understand the significance of, but it doesn't make it any less enjoyable for me and is still a great standalone show. That being said, I did decide with all the free time on my hands now to watch Breaking Bad on Netflix. Knocked out the first two episodes last night.

I have actually not watched Breaking Bad but I love Better Call Saul. I know there are things that I may miss or not quite understand the significance of, but it doesn't make it any less enjoyable for me and is still a great standalone show.
Interesting. I'm not surprised it stands on its own.

I have actually not watched Breaking Bad but I love Better Call Saul. I know there are things that I may miss or not quite understand the significance of, but it doesn't make it any less enjoyable for me and is still a great standalone show. That being said, I did decide with all the free time on my hands now to watch Breaking Bad on Netflix. Knocked out the first two episodes last night.

I take it you won't be taking a bath for a while.

Breaking Bad for sure

Holy shirt...as always, the penultimate episode is a high watermark for everything in the BB universe. The intense standoff at the end of this episode rivals the best of anything ever in the entire saga. Wow.

Episodes #8 and #9 have been about as good as any television you'll ever see in a drama.

Amazing.

Lalo is great.

Im kinda bummed we never got to see Lalo vs. Walter White.
You just got to wonder, what did Gilligan have way back in his head when Saul first name dropped Lalo and Nacho on Breaking Bad?

Some of this has certainly evolved as they went through it, but I have to believe it was much more than a throwaway name drop.

You just got to wonder, what did Gilligan have way back in his head when Saul first name dropped Lalo and Nacho on Breaking Bad?

Some of this has certainly evolved as they went through it, but I have to believe it was much more than a throwaway name drop.
It’s funny you mention that. Gilligan addressed Lalo’s introduction into the show in an extra that I recently watched on demand in the spectrum app. It’s called “A Look Back At Season 4’s Easter Eggs.”

Vince basically insinuates that it wasn’t his idea to have Lalo on the show, but Peter Gould and the rest of the writers insisted on it. He was skeptical that it’d be worth it, and thought that not every little thing that received a passing mention in bb needed to come to life on bcs. But Vince admitted that they were right and seemed really happy with how much Lalo adds to the story

It’s funny you mention that. Gilligan addressed Lalo’s introduction into the show in an extra that I recently watched on demand in the spectrum app. It’s called “A Look Back At Season 4’s Easter Eggs.”

Vince basically insinuates that it wasn’t his idea to have Lalo on the show, but Peter Gould and the rest of the writers insisted on it. He was skeptical that it’d be worth it, and thought that not every little thing that received a passing mention in bb needed to come to life on bcs. But Vince admitted that they were right and seemed really happy with how much Lalo adds to the story

So I'm just watching Breaking Bad for the first time and I just saw that scene. If Saul asks if Ignacio or Lalo sent them, should I assume that both are somehow still alive at that time?

So I'm just watching Breaking Bad for the first time and I just saw that scene. If Saul asks if Ignacio or Lalo sent them, should I assume that both are somehow still alive at that time?

Also, I believe the quote in regards to Ignacio was “it wasn’t me, that was Ignacio!”

I wonder if what happened last night on BCS is what he was referring to? Or maybe what happened to Hector Salamanca comes to light?

Also, I believe the quote in regards to Ignacio was “it wasn’t me, that was Ignacio!”

I wonder if what happened last night on BCS is what he was referring to? Or maybe what happened to Hector Salamanca comes to light?

You're right, he says it wasn't me, it was Ignacio. That must be what he was referring to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom