Better Call Saul | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

I love the end of season 3 (that's the one with the half measure episode I mentioned before) but I do agree 4 probably has to be ahead of it.

Fwiw, I didn't get into the show until late, so I binged everything until season 5B, and then watched that as it happened. Not sure if that biases me in any way.

I love in the first episode of 5b, right after Hank basically finds out who Walt really is, you almost think they're going to spend at least a few episodes, if not most of the season around the cat and mouse game between Walt and Hank, and instead, nope.

I watched it the same as you...binged and caught up for the last season in real time.

Season 3 - yeah, the end was just nuts. Those episodes were so tense and exciting.

Season 4 - I loved the dynamic that developed between Mike, Jesse, and Gus once Jesse gained confidence and started stepping up. When he chewed that cartel chemist out and Gus had that very slight smile...so great.

That first episode of 5B when Walt came out with the “tread lightly” line - I wish someone was recording me. I went nuts on that line.

Agreed, 5B was great all the way through.

The tension and conflict that was there once Hank confronted Walt, and then with Jesse replaced the need for a super villain like Gus.

If I had to rank the seasons:
5B
5A
i thought seasons 2 & 3 were the best, slight nod to season 3 which featured "one minute" and "i.f.t." which were the two best episodes of the entire run, imho

i thought seasons 2 & 3 were the best, slight nod to season 3 which featured "one minute" and "i.f.t." which were the two best episodes of the entire run, imho

Yeah, I could see it. Great seasons, for sure. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Murder Twins in 3, though otherwise it was pretty much perfect.

Gilligan said the last season of BB is Mr. Chips goes Scarface.

I loved Gus and Mike. It really disappointed me how Mike’s story ends. I love his last line he says to Walt.

The ending was just not how Vince Gilligan had to think it would end but they needed something as Walter couldn’t win.

It was disappointing how much Jesse had to suffer.

Breaking Bad seasons 3 and 4 were awesome.

BTS was suppose to be a pure comedy but it’s become almost on par if not better than BB. I wish we get more of what happens to Gene other than the cold open for each season premiere.

Fwiw, I didn't get into the show until late, so I binged everything until season 5B, and then watched that as it happened. Not sure if that biases me in any way.
I did something similar.

That marathon ate up A LOT of space on the ol' DVR.

It's notoriously hated by some, but I thought The Fly (Season 3) episode was okay. Have to be in a mellow mood to enjoy it, though. More importantly, it might have been necessary for the creators/writers to step outside of the BB universe a bit, for perspective, in order to recharge the creative batteries for continued motivated storytelling generation.

It's notoriously hated by some, but I thought The Fly (Season 3) episode was okay. Have to be in a mellow mood to enjoy it, though. More importantly, it might have been necessary for the creators/writers to step outside of the BB universe a bit, for perspective, in order to recharge the creative batteries for continued motivated storytelling generation.
That episode was awesome and showed how truly good an actor Brian Cranston is.

Just finished the series last night. Great series and a solid job tying up loose ends in the final few episodes. My only regret is not watching it in real time and instead binging it years after it ended. I feel like you miss out on some of the anticipation that each ending of an episode and beginning of a new episode each week brings.

We'll see how having now seen Breaking Bad impacts my watching of the final season of Better Call Saul; whether or not it enhances it or doesn't have much of an effect at all. Should I spend the time watching El Camino? Based on the preview of it, it almost looks like a bonus episode of Breaking Bad, as it seems to pick up right where Breaking Bad left off.

Just finished the series last night. Great series and a solid job tying up loose ends in the final few episodes. My only regret is not watching it in real time and instead binging it years after it ended. I feel like you miss out on some of the anticipation that each ending of an episode and beginning of a new episode each week brings.

We'll see how having now seen Breaking Bad impacts my watching of the final season of Better Call Saul; whether or not it enhances it or doesn't have much of an effect at all. Should I spend the time watching El Camino? Based on the preview of it, it almost looks like a bonus episode of Breaking Bad, as it seems to pick up right where Breaking Bad left off.

El Camino - yeah, picks up where BB ended and further wraps up the story. Worth watching, IMO.

I would love to follow suit and watch BB from the beginning, in one "binge." My recollection is that it started out almost like a comedy of errors, then got dark, then got REALLY dark, and then wrapped up in a manner that tied up all loose ends. Would be great to take it all in once again.

And I know that I mention this earlier in the thread, but I wasn't excited about Better Call Saul -- at all -- when the show first began. The first episode or two didn't do much to change my mind, the whole thing seemed at the beginning like it was going to merely rely upon easter eggs from Breaking Bad to conjure up some nostalgia. Then the story / characters grabbed me, and I honestly can't believe how high quality the show has become. Terrific writing, acting, and plot.

I would love to follow suit and watch BB from the beginning, in one "binge." My recollection is that it started out almost like a comedy of errors, then got dark, then got REALLY dark, and then wrapped up in a manner that tied up all loose ends. Would be great to take it all in once again.

And I know that I mention this earlier in the thread, but I wasn't excited about Better Call Saul -- at all -- when the show first began. The first episode or two didn't do much to change my mind, the whole thing seemed at the beginning like it was going to merely rely upon easter eggs from Breaking Bad to conjure up some nostalgia. Then the story / characters grabbed me, and I honestly can't believe how high quality the show has become. Terrific writing, acting, and plot.

Yeah interesting that you say that. As someone that had heard all about Breaking Bad over the years but had never watched it, I always just assumed that Walter White was this meth kingpin, but in reality he was a brilliant chemist who was mostly a bumbling buffoon when it came to criminal activity - including a horrendous liar (which is probably more on the realistic side). Certainly took a dark turn as the seasons went on, including the involvement of kids.

Yeah interesting that you say that. As someone that had heard all about Breaking Bad over the years but had never watched it, I always just assumed that Walter White was this meth kingpin, but in reality he was a brilliant chemist who was mostly a bumbling buffoon when it came to criminal activity - including a horrendous liar (which is probably more on the realistic side). Certainly took a dark turn as the seasons went on, including the involvement of kids.

He was incapable of convincingly lying to Skylar, especially.

You could definitely watch El Camino and not have it impact Better Call Saul at all.

1593092979768.png

Finally finished season 5. Amazing show. Lot of great points made in here. I started BCS years back when it first came out but only got through a couple episodes. Rewatched 1-4 on netflix a couple of months ago and finally found a way to watch s5. Huge BB fan and it's amazing BCS has been this good.

It's not as intense as BB which I like. Some of the episodes in BB are very difficult to watch again to be honest. Part of what makes the show so good. I might have to rewatch that series again though after this wraps up.

Incredible acting all around. Lalo is my favorite character in the entire BB/BCS series, with the exception of maybe Mike, who we just know a lot more about given his BB exposure. Seeing how badass Mike is in BCS makes you question how he's finally taken out in BB but it also sort of fits, and shows the crazy unpredictability associated with Walt. Even Mike- a legit Navy seal type dude- couldn't stay out of his way

Just for the scenes between Jesse and Ed (the vacuum cleaner guy) it’s well worth it. And you can never have too much of Skinny Pete and Badger.

those two were one of the main reasons i watched early on.

He was incapable of convincingly lying to Skylar, especially.

more annoying suburban criminal family mom..skylar or ozark wife?

Was hoping this post being “upped” was for a much better update than that. Ugh. Hoping he’s ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom