Cornell Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Game Thread...

Why wasn’t Dordevic on the field?

Why didn’t they continue to have him dodge the shorty? Two easy goals in the 1st Q and then disappeared

To busy running the 2nd line every other possesion that has one legit scorer in Lipka.

My 7-year Old has more discipline than a Deskgo team. Pathetic second half.

Last edited:
He should’ve sat the rest of the game after that penalty.

Pulver owned him. He pulls the same crap every week.
No coach in his face coming off the field. Someone wake up Desko.

Time for SU to demand a staff shake up, youth is needed at the assistant spot. 2 goals in the 2nd half is completely unacceptable, tired of being embarrassed in the tourney
The complete lack of offense in the 2nd was baffling. Once again we were pushed around badly in the NCAAT. When will this team ever get tough? At least it wasn't the quarterfinals.

I guess I don' get lacrosse...it seems like its the only sport where they game can end with a defensive penalty...i mean there were 2-3 seconds left and the Cornell player basically body slammed the Syracuse player...

Pretty sad, they ended up being dictated by Cornell in that second half. No run and gun like the first half, no intensity and no fire. There are a lot of things that need to change over this summer.

Young team, not an awful year.

Disappointing loss but that’s how it goes.

It’s more than that.

The staff clearly doesn’t know how to execute offensively.

It’s pretty evident that we score goals based on individual play. It has little to do with coaching.

Our extra man offense is pretty pathetic. Maybe it gets better without Lane.

And our 6 on 6 offense was non existent in the second half.

Pretty sad, they ended up being dictated by Cornell in that second half. No run and gun like the first half, no intensity and no fire. There are a lot of things that need to change over this summer.

Unfortunately im not sure they will, I keep waiting but its more of the same. 2 goals in the entire second half is Hobart esque. We havent played in over week and were in A dome but were subbing like its memorial day and 87 degrees. We have Simmons out there shooting and missing the cage by 30 feet. We should have ran the 1st mid line into the ground. We better get Staats and we better open up every attack spot, Solomon and Rehfuss were awful

Disappointing loss but that’s how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Lax isn’t like hoops or football. Experienced players like Solomon were making bad decisions. To see an interim coaches team with more discipline says a lot about culture.

UCONN Women’s Hoops sustained it’s dominance. Syracuse Lacrosse has fallen below the Mendoza line from a parity perspective.

We need a coaching change. Or one heck of an ultimatum.

Desko is a bad offensive coach.

That last minute or so was a prime example.

No execution. All one on one.

No excuse.

I fully expect Desko to leave on his own. But next year the drum beat begins to beat loudly.

I don't know enough about the dynamics of the game, but I have to think the clock needs to start on Desko. 8-7, and undisciplined.

Meh - exactly
th

It’s more than that.

The staff clearly doesn’t know how to execute offensively.

It’s pretty evident that we score goals based on individual play. It has little to do with coaching.

Our extra man offense is pretty pathetic. Maybe it gets better without Lane.

And our 6 on 6 offense was non existent in the second half.

I think the D has been crap for years. Bad slide packages and poor communication has been the hallmark of SU defense for years.

People like to bag on goalies but how many times are they hung out to dry with a guy on their doorstep or cranking from 12 yards out.

I agree that the offense is mostly iso one on one. We seem to not have many well coached (prior to arrival on campus) players with high lax IQs.

Well at least we don't have to watch Maryland beat us again.

I had seen enough of that 2nd line 2 years ago...

Carlin had some halfway decent games which it a little better but Lipka was the onky consistent one. We have 20 midfielders on the roster there was no way Simmons should have been in the 2nd line, give me Quinn or the dude from PA who lit up Colgate lasr week over Simmins and Carlin.

Who wouldn't want to play for Desko and his infectious enthusiasm?

Disappointing loss but that’s how it goes.

Lax isn’t like hoops or football. Experienced players like Solomon were making bad decisions. To see an interim coaches team with more discipline says a lot about culture.

UCONN Women’s Hoopsnsustained it’s dominance. Syracuse Lacrosse has fallen below the Mendoza line from a parity perspective.

We need a coaching change. Or one heck of an ultimatum.[/QUOTE]

Many are afraid to speak up regarding Desko. Five national titles, yes. But that line is getting old.

It’s pretty obvious we’re not overly disciplined. And we rely too much on hero play than sound passing and play making. That’s not suddenly changing.

Again, pushing Desko out the door won’t be easy. The decision makers will buy into the fact this is a youngish team. Next year is going to be interesting.

I think the D has been crap for years. Bad slide packages and poor communication has been the hallmark of SU defense for years.

People like to bag on goalies but how many times are they hung out to dry with a guy on their doorstep or cranking from 12 yards out.

I agree that the offense is mostly iso one on one. We seem to not have many well coached (prior to arrival on campus) players with high lax IQs.

Your 100% right, thought Madonna played well but once again SU gave up way to many wide open crease looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom