Cory Alexander... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cory Alexander...

Having gone to SU in the 1960's and living through that era, I watched dedicated pot smokers lose both motivation, attention span and short term memory. A little bit won't hurt you, I guess. But I don't need any studies to reinforce what I saw with my own eyes.

When people watched "Cheech and Chong", they laughed because they recognized a lot of the behavior.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. Everything has a price.

You could be right but I don't remember. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Last night Walton said something crazy like that Kansas and Kentucky were the same state. Pasch tried to tell him that they were both states but generally in the same part of the country, Walton argued and said he just traveled from both of them and knew what he was talking about. Very strange - something obviously has and is off with him.

Back to the topic - who was the other guy Evan something starting with an L , who was with Alexander and where’s he from?

yet they were nothing alike as players. Autry was a power guard , not known for his outside shot and Alexander was a dead eye long distance shooter. Could have been room for both

Agreed, that would’ve worked. Alexander’s senior year, they also had Harold Deane so they started two point guards. With 3 pointer bomber Curtis Staples off the bench. Heck of a backcourt, and heck of a Virginia team. They finished in a 4 way tie for first with #3 and #4 pick Stackhouse/Wallace led UNC, Duncan-Childress led Wake Forest, and #1 pick Joe Smith led Maryland. That league was a bloodbath that year.

Yep, Alexander totally was caught off guard when Lepler said - correctly - that Battle was playing more point so he has the ball right away on offense. Boeheim said those exact words in a recent presser. Alexander looked like a buffoon for questioning Lepler so condascendingly. He came across as amateurish with his nasty tone and failure to know the facts.

I haven’t heard Walton in a long time but I remember the first time I heard him he really stood out for his space cadet comments. Some people are just like that though, without the benefit of drugs, and getting older doesn’t mean that behavior will be any different. Man he is a goofball.

Last night Walton said something crazy like that Kansas and Kentucky were the same state. Pasch tried to tell him that they were both states but generally in the same part of the country, Walton argued and said he just traveled from both of them and knew what he was talking about. Very strange - something obviously has and is off with him.

Back to the topic - who was the other guy Evan something starting with an L , who was with Alexander and where’s he from?

Personally, i think he has a whacky sense of humor and cracks himself up by saying things that dont make any sense while on national tv. I think its fun and like walton. No reason to be too serious. Its just basketball.

I’m surprised at how many like Alexander. He drives me crazy, can’t be silent, that Battle mistake ad nauseum (don’t you watch the games?)- loves to hear himself speak. I will try to give him another chance, grudgingly.
The majority opinion on our board is "An all-time UVa great, but thank God for the 'mute' button." A lot of people are learning how to use that computer app that lets you sync up the radio PBP with the TV broadcast.

Personally, i think he has a whacky sense of humor and cracks himself up by saying things that dont make any sense while on national tv. I think its fun and like walton. No reason to be too serious. Its just basketball.

I always wonder about guys like Walton, Kanye West, if they're actually "IN" on the joke. They're both entertaining though in their own way - mainly because they seem completely unhinged. It's fantastic!

Guy compared some guard to Beethoven and romanticism.

He compares teams/players to trees, volcanoes, shifting tides, the moon, etc...on a regular basis. And then will teach you some fun facts about volcanoes, trees (usually redwoods), moons, shifting tides, etc...

After Kobe dunked on somebody after the raping, he had this gem, "Kobe will not be denied! On......or off the court"

He called Digger Phelps the DEVIL! "I would take that Ring of Honor and wrap it around Digger's neck. THAT GUY'S THE DEVIL.”

If you can't appreciate him on some level you're mental.....

I'm an old guy. When I look back at the many friends I have had and people I have known whose lives turned out to be train wrecks, alcohol, drugs including pot, and s e x were huge factors.

Some people can handle a little of it. Those who cannot pay huge penalties.
Alcohol : Drive 90 miles an hour in a 55 MPH Zone
Pot: Drive 5 miles an hour on Interstate 70 MPH Zone
(Hey man there's a cop behind us.) reap what you sow

I must be an anomaly; all this talk all the time about broadcasters and I could care less. I'm watching the game, not paying too much attention to the narrative. Hell, I could watch it without sound and be just as happy.

Alcohol : Drive 90 miles an hour in a 55 MPH Zone
Pot: Drive 5 miles an hour on Interstate 70 MPH Zone
(Hey man there's a cop behind us.) reap what you sow

i asked a cop how he spotted drunk drivers. He told me that windsheild wipers going on a dry night was always a good indicator.

I must be an anomaly; all this talk all the time about broadcasters and I could care less. I'm watching the game, not paying too much attention to the narrative. Hell, I could watch it without sound and be just as happy.

I always thought broadcasters were unnecessary. They did football natural sounds this year and id be fine if they did basketball natural sound. I may watch that over having broadcasters.

I always thought broadcasters were unnecessary. They did football natural sounds this year and id be fine if they did basketball natural sound. I may watch that over having broadcasters.
I remember the first time they did that. IIRC it was the Jets vs. the Dolphins. They just had mics to pick up the crowd noise and used the PA guy's announcements of the down, etc. It was great!

Agreed, that would’ve worked. Alexander’s senior year, they also had Harold Deane so they started two point guards. With 3 pointer bomber Curtis Staples off the bench. Heck of a backcourt, and heck of a Virginia team. They finished in a 4 way tie for first with #3 and #4 pick Stackhouse/Wallace led UNC, Duncan-Childress led Wake Forest, and #1 pick Joe Smith led Maryland. That league was a bloodbath that year.

My dad went to UVA, i followed them pretty closely growing up, and I was looking at their team again because Alexander was doing the game, that was a ridiculous year for the ACC. In hindsight, it's truly incredible Duncan went to school for 4 years; that was his soph year, he averaged 17-12-4 on 59% shooting. Came back for 2 more years!

Georgia Tech had a bunch of pros too; Travis Best, Matt Harpring, Drew Barry. And of course, that was the year Duke was absolutely horrendous.

My dad went to UVA, i followed them pretty closely growing up, and I was looking at their team again because Alexander was doing the game, that was a ridiculous year for the ACC. In hindsight, it's truly incredible Duncan went to school for 4 years; that was his soph year, he averaged 17-12-4 on 59% shooting. Came back for 2 more years!

Georgia Tech had a bunch of pros too; Travis Best, Matt Harpring, Drew Barry. And of course, that was the year Duke was absolutely horrendous.

Yup. And guys like James Forrest for GT and Junior Burrough at UVA were excellent college players too.

I lived in NC at that time. I saw Duncan outplay Wallace head to head, which blew my mind at the time. I knew Duncan was supposed to be good, but Wallace was supposed to be THE guy. It ended up the other way around.

Having gone to SU in the 1960's and living through that era, I watched dedicated pot smokers lose both motivation, attention span and short term memory. A little bit won't hurt you, I guess. But I don't need any studies to reinforce what I saw with my own eyes.

When people watched "Cheech and Chong", they laughed because they recognized a lot of the behavior.

You're correct, Townie. What have the 1000s of hours of SU hoops accounted for in your life, let alone thje lives of others? In comparison, take the relatively very brief amount of Steve Job's life in which he noted LSD as one of the most 3 important things he had ever done, and the effects it had on the world. *drops galaxy*
(for those not the quickest, start at looking at whatever device you're tempted to reply on)

Yup. And guys like James Forrest for GT and Junior Burrough at UVA were excellent college players too.

I lived in NC at that time. I saw Duncan outplay Wallace head to head, which blew my mind at the time. I knew Duncan was supposed to be good, but Wallace was supposed to be THE guy. It ended up the other way around.

Loved Junior Burrough as a kid. And Curtis Staples.

The majority opinion on our board is "An all-time UVa great, but thank God for the 'mute' button." A lot of people are learning how to use that computer app that lets you sync up the radio PBP with the TV broadcast.

Wait. not sure if serious(insert meme from stupid fox series that that somehow outlasted King of the Hill). If serious, what is this app? lol

Does any modern prophet explain it any better?

You're correct, Townie. What have the 1000s of hours of SU hoops accounted for in your life, let alone thje lives of others? In comparison, take the relatively very brief amount of Steve Job's life in which he noted LSD as one of the most 3 important things he had ever done, and the effects it had on the world. *drops galaxy*
(for those not the quickest, start at looking at whatever device you're tempted to reply on)

I worked for Xerox for over 30 years, almost all of it outside the copier side. That includes being on the sort of ground floor of the trying to productize of all those Xerox-invented technologies from the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) that underlie today's technology. All the basics --- icon-based interfaces, point and click, page description languages to drive laser printers, laser printers, mouses, integrated applications, etc., etc, etc. I saw all that stuff when it was engineering models and bread-boards.

Not to be rude, but Jobs didn't invent shxt! What he did was co-opt, borrow or steal (depending how you look at it) all the technology that Xerox invented. I'd say that Jobs was clever, but not particularly super-intelligent. All he was doing was doing what the Japanese did for a long time. Find someone else's concept or design and make it cheaper.

Now that's not to say Jobs wasn't a genius but on much more mundane stuff. After being given a demo of the Xerox Lisa product, he recognized its potential and knew how to make a cheaper version of it. That's it!

Maybe, if he hadn't fried some of his brain circuits with LSD he could have invented something himself?

Xerox never figured out how to make anything inexpensively. Xerox thought they could sell worksations for $14K (1980 Dollars)Jobs with his background with the Apple and Apple II knew about to design cheaply for high volume production. He also realized that if the Mac could change the operator interface from command-driven to Icons, that would change the world. So he cost reduced Xerox Lisa, defeatured it and made to sell for less than $2000.

Jobs is the face of the computer revolution for many.

Wait. not sure if serious(insert meme from stupid fox series that that somehow outlasted King of the Hill). If serious, what is this app? lol
There are supposed to be computer programs, apps, and devices that can adjust a radio broadcast to match the X second delay of the cable's satellite relay. It's supposed to be really great to use when you hate to hear the TV's announcers. A Google search of "radio delay device" pulled up a bunch of them.

I worked for Xerox for over 30 years, almost all of it outside the copier side. That includes being on the sort of ground floor of the trying to productize of all those Xerox-invented technologies from the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) that underlie today's technology. All the basics --- icon-based interfaces, point and click, page description languages to drive laser printers, laser printers, mouses, integrated applications, etc., etc, etc. I saw all that stuff when it was engineering models and bread-boards.

Not to be rude, but Jobs didn't invent shxt! What he did was co-opt, borrow or steal (depending how you look at it) all the technology that Xerox invented. I'd say that Jobs was clever, but not particularly super-intelligent. All he was doing was doing what the Japanese did for a long time. Find someone else's concept or design and make it cheaper.

Now that's not to say Jobs wasn't a genius but on much more mundane stuff. After being given a demo of the Xerox Lisa product, he recognized its potential and knew how to make a cheaper version of it. That's it!

Maybe, if he hadn't fried some of his brain circuits with LSD he could have invented something himself?

Xerox never figured out how to make anything inexpensively. Xerox thought they could sell worksations for $14K (1980 Dollars)Jobs with his background with the Apple and Apple II knew about to design cheaply for high volume production. He also realized that if the Mac could change the operator interface from command-driven to Icons, that would change the world. So he cost reduced Xerox Lisa, defeatured it and made to sell for less than $2000.

Jobs is the face of the computer revolution for many.

I was hesitant to post that because I don't like arguing with you like I enjoy seeing what you share with the relative cretins on here. I havent as of yet found the EPIC scene in The Pirates of Silicon Valley where Gates told Jobs how it was, at the end. No worship, much respect. But what are the odds that you worked ford the company that all of this surrounded? Townie, you continue to surprise me(seriously, what are the odds you worked for Xerox?!?), I hope you keep up the good work, I think we bring the X's and O's to life. You're here for a reason, my friend.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom