Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference

Syracuse Football ‏@syrfootball
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Dino: FSU will be tough task. Calls it a return to upper echelon of conference

Syracuse HC Dino Babers reiterates QB Eric Dungey is not cleared to play medically. He has also not been cleared to practice. Only attended last week.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers said QB Eric Dungey is getting a second opinion on his injury

DB: Dalvin Cook is one of the best RBs in the country

Syracuse HC Dino Babers said he hasn't had any contact w/ Baylor about their opening. Declined to comment further when asked if he's looking.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers: "I thought Zack (Mahoney) played extremely well."

DB: I thought Mahoney played well. Reiterates he wants to see other guys around Zack to step their game up.

DB: doesn't want to speculate latest injury is career-ending. Respects his right to go through process privately.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers declined to speculate if QB Eric Dungey's injury might be career ending. Said ED has "earned the right" of privacy.

Last edited:
Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball
"We're looking forward to playing Florida State, a fantastic football team that's well coached. We're back in the upper echelon of the conf"

.@CoachBabersCuse has high praise for FSU's Dalvin Cook, says that he's a dynamic back.

"I can remember meeting the seniors for the first time in this room. It'd be really cool to finish off with 2 consistent performances."

"The seniors are a special group." - @CoachBabersCuse on senior day.

"I thought Zack played extremely well. When your QB goes down you need to get the other 21 guys to play better and we have to coach better."

"I know everyone in the Syracuse community wants what's best for Eric, we're letting the doctors determine it"- Babers on Dungey return date

CxPJwaaUkAAX-mj.jpg

Last edited:
I can't hear the questions well when I watch these things. I really want to know who the dipschlitt is that asked about Baylor.

Why wouldn't the media ask this question. If he did leave and no one asked everyone will be shocked at how out of the blue it was. It's a completely reasonable question to ask and a completely reasonable answer from Dino.

Why wouldn't the media ask this question. If he did leave and no one asked everyone will be shocked at how out of the blue it was. It's a completely reasonable question to ask and a completely reasonable answer from Dino.
The inevitable spin in an article post-question is the bigger "issue" to me.

Because it's the press conference about the FSU game and not Dino's feature?

It's either Bailey or Bud. I guarantee it.
My guess is Bailey from what I could sort of hear it didn't sound like Bud but I'm not skilled enough to make that distinction. I'm sure if I hang around Twitter long enough, it'll reveal itself.

Lets see if anyone asks Jimbo Fisher about the LSU job.

"Syracuse HC Dino Babers said QB Eric Dungey is getting a second opinion on his injury"

that's not good.

people only get second opinions when things aren't good.

So who starts next year at QB?

So who starts next year at QB?
Wilson and Mahoney are gone so the roster will be...

Culpepper
Devito
MO Hasan - walkon

If Dungey is done, we need to recruit another QB ASAP, we will only have 2 scholarship QB's on the roster next year.

Wilson and Mahoney are gone so the roster will be...

Culpepper
Devito
MO Hasan - walkon

If Dungey is done, we need to recruit another QB ASAP, we will only have 2 scholarship QB's on the roster next year.

Mahoney is only a Junior.

As is Wilson, right? Redshirt but has a year left.

Wilson is a 4th year Junior. He could take his degree and become a Grad Transfer.

Mahoney is only a 3rd year Junior.

"Syracuse HC Dino Babers said QB Eric Dungey is getting a second opinion on his injury"

that's not good.

people only get second opinions when things aren't good.
That was my first thought. To me, the tea leaves are indicating that there is a very real possibility that ED's career at SU is over. If that's the case, then I feel like it's undoing any momentum we gained this year. An even tougher schedule next year, and we'll be starting a QB with ZERO game experience.

That was my first thought. To me, the tea leaves are indicating that there is a very real possibility that ED's career at SU is over. If that's the case, then I feel like it's undoing any momentum we gained this year. An even tougher schedule next year, and we'll be starting a QB with ZERO game experience.

Could be SU wants a 2nd doctor to sign off on his return to action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom