Class of 2014 - final rating | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 final rating

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Ward, Ish, and Samuels will get us to 1545 on skout

That puts us at 48

Granted IMO we have some guys underranked (Long, Williams in particular)

Very excited for 2015

Im so confused how Rutgers is rated higher than us in recruiting?? looking at the list and the kids offers, literally half of there commits didn't even get offers from FCS schools?!?!? my head hurts lol Oh Lord

Im so confused how Rutgers is rated higher than us in recruiting?? looking at the list and the kids offers, literally half of there commits didn't even get offers from FCS schools?!?!? my head hurts lol Oh Lord
I agree. I can not think of one new recruit for Syracuse that I am not excited about.

If everyone signs that gave a verbal, and we get Ward and Ismael as most anticipate, this will be the best recruiting class since the McNabb era. Part of evaluating a recruiting class, is determining if areas of need are filled. The positions of need are DB, LB, DT, and playmakers; probably in that order. Of course you can always use a couple of quality OL to supplement what we have already stockpiled. I think we were successful on all accounts. We have 7 DB (probably 3 S and 4 CB), 4 high quality LB, 2 DT (1 that is high quality and 1 that is a project) and 7 playmakers (5 WR/TE, 2 QB... Erv Phillips may be an 8th). Throw in 2 quality OL, (OG and OT) a high quality DE and we did a very good job. The ranking numbers are less important and if taken in context we are much higher than 40s, maybe even bordering on top 30s?

You give this staff talented players like this? I'm liking our chances from here on because we now have a heck of a base to build off of with the returning players. I don't care where they are ranked, we know what we have and what we are getting...after Wednesday it's back to the field and it's going to be a heck of a year!

If everyone signs that gave a verbal, and we get Ward and Ismael as most anticipate, this will be the best recruiting class since the McNabb era. Part of evaluating a recruiting class, is determining if areas of need are filled. The positions of need are DB, LB, DT, and playmakers; probably in that order. Of course you can always use a couple of quality OL to supplement what we have already stockpiled. I think we were successful on all accounts. We have 7 DB (probably 3 S and 4 CB), 4 high quality LB, 2 DT (1 that is high quality and 1 that is a project) and 7 playmakers (5 WR/TE, 2 QB... Erv Phillips may be an 8th). Throw in 2 quality OL, (OG and OT) a high quality DE and we did a very good job. The ranking numbers are less important and if taken in context we are much higher than 40s, maybe even bordering on top 30s?
I will agree with this

I looked at the 2002 class and it had quality players on it. It also had some unranked recruits too. Not sure if all needs were adressed but that class is the most recent class that can be compare to 2014

Last edited:
I will agree with this
Me too. Not a lot of super stars but a lot of quality players and assuming we finish as expected, we addressed our needs very well.

Ish is going to be a war. UL wants him very badly.

Me too. Not a lot of super stars but a lot of quality players and assuming we finish as expected, we addressed our needs very well.

Ish is going to be a war. UL wants him very badly.

Did see that UL got another WR/TE commit yesterday from their weekend visitors. They had one already and a second that is a soft verbal.

If we get all the guys that committed to sign along with Ward and Ish the page has been turned. Catch your naps when you can SS and crew because since you are getting a very talented class you will have to fight off some very good schools and to be honest, this is the way we want it and need it to be to get to that next level. I assume nothing until these young men sign but that being said I have the utmost confidence that this coaching staff will finish what they started.

I feel like Ish's coaches don't want him here. Supposedly they never wanted him to commit, which is why he's been ours but not really ours for so long now.

Wonder what's up with that.

If we get all the guys that committed to sign along with Ward and Ish the page has been turned. Catch your naps when you can SS and crew because since you are getting a very talented class you will have to fight off some very good schools and to be honest, this is the way we want it and need it to be to get to that next level. I assume nothing until these young men sign but that being said I have the utmost confidence that this coaching staff will finish what they started.

Unfortunately it's now a Dead period.

02-03-14 thru 02-05-14 (7 a.m.) Dead Period

Ward, Ish, and Samuels will get us to 1545 on skout

That puts us at 48

Granted IMO we have some guys underranked (Long, Williams in particular)

Very excited for 2015

I checked here on Sunday but wasn't able to post because it was from my new phone and I can't seem to remember passwords anymore...Holy S#!* did I jump out of my chair when I saw that we took four+! My wife thought I hit the lottery. Could not be more excited or more pleased with the job this staff has done. I can't wait to see where it goes.

I feel like Ish's coaches don't want him here. Supposedly they never wanted him to commit, which is why he's been ours but not really ours for so long now.

There's a nice article on the football board that Orangeyes just posted up where they call McDonald and Ish's high school coach best friends. So I don't think that's the case.

Unfortunately it's now a Dead period.

02-03-14 thru 02-05-14 (7 a.m.) Dead Period

If you're playing the game by the rules. My money is on those that don't will be whispering sweet things in some players ears indirectly on purpose. Got to be ready for that CL.

Seeing that his HS coach and Cool Kid are best friends, I doubt that's the case. If anything, he's been in our pocket forever and we simply are creating a little bit of a Signing Day splash (at least with our own fans) by having him announce on signing day. The proverbial cherry on top.

You couldn't be more wrong. Ish's coach and George McDonald are best friends.

There's a nice article on the football board that Orangeyes just posted up where they call McDonald and Ish's high school coach best friends. So I don't think that's the case.
Seeing that his HS coach and Cool Kid are best friends, I doubt that's the case. If anything, he's been in our pocket forever and we simply are creating a little bit of a Signing Day splash (at least with our own fans) by having him announce on signing day. The proverbial cherry on top.
I stand corrected and read the situation completely wrong. Thanks for the info.

If you're playing the game by the rules. My money is on those that don't will be whispering sweet things in some players ears indirectly on purpose. Got to be ready for that CL.

Yeah.. Cuse can be like ND and show up on Ishs' doorstep at 7am Wed.;)

I think in this brave new world of the ACC recruiting is all relative- I am very excited about the class being brought in also but how does it compare to the rest of our conference? I will feel even better when we are putting a little more distance between ourselves and everybody else not named Clemson/Florida St.

So it could be the opposite then? His coaches want him to go to SU but he may want to go to Louisville?

Yeah.. Cuse can be like ND and show up on Ishs' doorstep at 7am Wed.;)

If a guy that can cheat on his wife like a certain chopper ridin coach did he certainly wouldn't think twice about an NCCA rule.

Statesman1 said:
I think in this brave new world of the ACC recruiting is all relative- I am very excited about the class being brought in also but how does it compare to the rest of our conference? I will feel even better when we are putting a little more distance between ourselves and everybody else not named Clemson/Florida St.

If we had recruiting rankings in the upper 60's and finished 3rd in our division - we will be able to get a lot out of this class. I think we re-write the national narrative a bit next season (with help from the easier front end to the schedule). Next years class - assuming we keep McDonald and Eric White - should be a few steps closer to the top.

Exciting times for sure!

SmilinBob said:
So it could be the opposite then? His coaches want him to go to SU but he may want to go to Louisville?

No way. Kid is not a Hallmon type. I think he's ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom