Frank Anselem: Remember him? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem: Remember him?

I mean I figured something would come out by now. BTW, Why do all these guys individually have to announce they are coming back even Chaz Owens announced he was coming back. This transfer portal without sitting out was a bad idea. If not for it these guys would still be here.

Stop being such a cheap azz and join the pay side. We knew his decision 8 days ago.

Where the heck do you think the inside information comes from?

You think Jimmy Jr will come here and play 20 minutes a game? Yikes...

Even if this level is too big of a step up? I said nada about how many minutes I am thinking of actual production.

No need for the snark. Never threw any your way.

Stop being such a cheap azz and join the pay side. We knew his decision 8 days ago.

Where the heck do you think the inside information comes from?

Why can't we assume like in past years per chance he is coming back he doesn't need to announce anything.

Even if this level is too big of a step up? I said nada about how many minutes I am thinking of actual production.

No need for the snark. Never threw any your way.
No it was a general question. You really think JB’s oldest son who he was vocal about in his S16 loss about him and how unhappy he was at home...is going to come here and not be featured? I just dont know how anyone doesnt see it. This level is too much for JG3 95% of the time, it doesnt matter to Jim. Now multiple the “dont care” meter for his son

I mean I figured something would come out by now. BTW, Why do all these guys individually have to announce they are coming back even Chaz Owens announced he was coming back. This transfer portal without sitting out was a bad idea. If not for it these guys would still be here.
He doesn't have to say anything. There was a time before this ridiculous transfer portal where unless you were declaring it was assumed.

No it was a general question. You really think JB’s oldest son who he was vocal about in his S16 loss about him and how unhappy he was at home...is going to come here and not be featured? I just dont know how anyone doesnt see it. This level is too much for JG3 95% of the time, it doesnt matter to Jim. Now multiple the “dont care” meter for his son

Given his focus going to Cornell was academic I am not sure why he would need/desire to be featured especially given he was set to play again at Cornell if not for the pandemic. There is no doubt he would have an important initial role as a big F off the bench but featured for 25 plus mins a game? It would have to mean he is putting up the production. Even Buddy took a while until he got more minutes his frosh year and Jimmy Jr is coming off an entire year without playing.

Jimmy is not Patrick Tape but for some kids the move is much harder than others. I expect it will be an adjustment and some rust to work off.

What other options would honestly be attractive if you are Jimmy Jr? Even a solid role off the bench without being featured is still suiting up in the dome playing for your dad and with your brother.

At least that is my view. I don't take either Jimmy or Buddy as selfish kids.

We said that last year too. JB finds a way. Most teams are in trouble after 2 injuries
i didnt say that last year. last year things were covered very well, imo...much better than this proposed roster would for the upcoming season.

you had frank and jon bol there at cover at center. you had brswell, woody at forward/guard...there were a lot more reinforcements if needed. not comparable, imo.

Where would the non-rotation players be?

this your source talking still?

If it was me, I’d have gave the car keys to Kadary and let him be a 6’5 Flynn or Ennis. 35 mpg and just play, and we’re running the offense off your penetration and playmaking skills.

And Frank would have the inside track to start next year.

We finally recruited some high upside freaks at the PG and C position after years of kids who can’t walk and chew gum.

We can’t lose kids like this.
Would you have given KR the keys if you knew he was leaving?

Would you have given KR the keys if you knew he was leaving?

Every SU fan would say yes of course. Joe G better not struggle next season fans will be in the dome and will remember the reason Kadary left was him. Can't boo JB for in game decisions but sure can when Joe is going 1 of 11.

With that potential line up, im hoping one silver lining is that JAB will be looking to hang it up once his 2 sons have graduated. It would be a nice amicable way to go out for both JAB and the University. To your knowledge, has there been any discussions about that potentially occurring?

I think I’d make a couple of tweaks to SUOSU’s lineup guess. I think JJ plays at the 4/5. He would be a better 5 than we had all year. As for Q I can’t imagine he’s back but if I was betting on one to return it’s him

You know, I'd roll with a lineup of:

G: Joey G (6-1; JR) - Possibly the weakest position (in terms of being a legit PG), but kid does have potential to be a valuable shot-maker for us next few years IMO. Just had tough all around 20-21. Potential for unexpected improvement here.
G: Buddy (6-6; SR) - Our "star", avg'd 18ppg (38.3 3pt) on season...but 24ppg in last 7 games! Confidence at all-time high, he's the focus of defenses.

F: Cole Swider (6-9; SR) - Loved this kid outta HS. Needed change of scenery. Big dude, good shooter, athletic enough IMO. Could really shine here.
F: Benny (6-8; FR) - The Five-Star recruit teams need to really outperform expectations. Prob start slow, but lots of SRs around to mentor/nurture him. Maybe handle the ball even? If he plays well enough, there's no cap on our ceiling.
F: Jimmy JR (6-8; SR) - Dude avg'd 16.7ppg last year, team's leading scorer. Got the "old man game" around the basket that I LOVE & gives us a different dimension (than just shooting). I like this pickup, IDK. Decent enough shooter too. He'll work out good enough here IMO.

C: Sidibe (6-10; SR+) - Not getting hopes up but...imagine if he could play decent minutes? Like a lotto-ticket, IMO. If he returns to last year's form...Potential potential...If not, oh well, good guy to mentor and maybe play a little.
C: Jesse (6-11; JR) - Will his development curve continue? If not, and Sidibe can't play, this may be a weak spot. But Jesse showed alot this past season. Big guy, big presence in middle of zone.

A team full of "Grown A** Men", all SR's & JR's, all big bodied, with skill tho. Ability to shoot in spades.

We got a rock-solid "star" and a tough cast of smart, skilled (if slow/unathletic-ish) all around him.

And enough potential for surprises - Benny, Jesse, Sidibe...Joe? (ducks chair thrown at me lol) - which is always the best part.

Would I love Quincy back? Oh, absolutely! Then we really talking.

Would I love a legit PG? Oh, absolutely! May be the missing link here. As other's have said, will need to use great passing & movement to create shots (instead of driving lane, speed).

Almost like one of those mid-major teams of Seniors that I always envy, passing and in-tune with each other's games.

Eh, I'll hope for a few more decent enough additions from the portal, but can roll with this too.

G: Joey G (6-1; JR) - Possibly the weakest position (in terms of being a legit PG), but kid does have potential to be a valuable shot-maker for us next few years IMO. Just had tough all around 20-21. Potential for unexpected improvement here.
G: Buddy (6-6; SR) - Our "star", avg'd 18ppg (38.3 3pt) on season...but 24ppg in last 7 games! Confidence at all-time high, he's the focus of defenses.

F: Cole Swider (6-9; SR) - Loved this kid outta HS. Needed change of scenery. Big dude, good shooter, athletic enough IMO. Could really shine here.
F: Benny (6-8; FR) - The Five-Star recruit teams need to really outperform expectations. Prob start slow, but lots of SRs around to mentor/nurture him. Maybe handle the ball even? If he plays well enough, there's no cap on our ceiling.
F: Jimmy JR (6-8; SR) - Dude avg'd 16.7ppg last year, team's leading scorer. Got the "old man game" around the basket that I LOVE & gives us a different dimension (than just shooting). I like this pickup, IDK. Decent enough shooter too. He'll work out good enough here IMO.

C: Sidibe (6-10; SR+) - Not getting hopes up but...imagine if he could play decent minutes? Like a lotto-ticket, IMO. If he returns to last year's form...Potential potential...If not, oh well, good guy to mentor and maybe play a little.
C: Jesse (6-11; JR) - Will his development curve continue? If not, and Sidibe can't play, this may be a weak spot. But Jesse showed alot this past season. Big guy, big presence in middle of zone.

A team full of "Grown A** Men", all SR's & JR's, all big bodied, with skill tho. Ability to shoot in spades.

We got a rock-solid "star" and a tough cast of smart, skilled (if slow/unathletic-ish) all around him.

And enough potential for surprises - Benny, Jesse, Sidibe...Joe? (ducks chair thrown at me lol) - which is always the best part.

Would I love a legit PG? Oh, absolutely! May be the missing link here. As other's have said, will need to use great passing & movement to create shots (instead of driving lane, speed).

Almost like one of those mid-major teams of Seniors that I always envy, passing and in-tune with each other's games.

Eh, I'll hope for a few more decent enough additions from the portal, but can roll with this too.
Good post. I think next year’s team will miss Dolejaz more than we want to admit. The 2021/22 team would benefit greatly from a great passing big man, and a guard who can penetrate off the dribble.

Think that JB would enjoy coaching a veteran group that accepts their roles and is drama free. Bet he would get good results with a team like that.

Think that JB would enjoy coaching a veteran group that accepts their roles and is drama free. Bet he would get good results with a team like that.
It seems like we will find out next year, but I’m not as optimistic. Just cause people accept their roles does not mean they will be good at it.

Frank's Perfect Song:
There's no need for argument
There's no argument at all
And if you never hear from him
That just means he didn't call
Or vice versa
That depends on where ever you're at
"All right"
And if you never hear from me
That just means I would rather not
"Hit it"
Oh oh Domino