Frank Anselem: Remember him? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem: Remember him?

FRANKIEEEEEEEEEE
will ferrell frank the tank GIF

He was manning a telephone during the Jim & Juli-Thon last Saturday.
There have been examples where players who were leaving have showed up at the ball. But it is pretty unusual. Sometimes seniors show, sometime not. That often seems tied to if they are going to be a high draft choice and whether they have skipped out on finishing the semester to prep for the draft.

I don't believe Kadary, Woody, Alan or Jon Bol Ajack showed up. I don't blame them.

They have, after all, entered the fifth dimension.

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Transfer Zone.

1619639938028.jpeg

There have been examples where players who were leaving have showed up at the ball. But it is pretty unusual. Sometimes seniors show, sometime not. That often seems tied to if they are going to be a high draft choice and whether they have skipped out on finishing the semester to prep for the draft.

I don't believe Kadary, Woody, Alan or Jon Bol Ajack showed up. I don't blame them.

They have, after all, entered the fifth dimension.

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Transfer Zone.

View attachment 200457

We need to add sound effects to posts...

Our small ball only goes back to Lydon, correct? Others with a better memory can confirm. I don't think it's what Boeheim prefers and there was clearly a good reason to have used Marek in the way that he did (although that should have been much less as Jesse could have been utilized more, in my opinion). I'm really tired with playing guys out of rotation and with Frank coming back (hopefully) should nix some of that.
Lydon at center was extremely productive. Could be why JB has added it to his arsenal since.

Next year the lineup of JG3, Buddy, Benny, Cole, and JimJr seems like a potential offensive juggernaut. Seemed to me JimJr could play center, said wanted to help out in a Marek type role. And General's writeup of covid watching Cole, said he played center for Villanova 50% of the time. Both Cole and JimJr seem like better center options than Marek.

So yes, Frank may be waiting on the QG decision.

Lydon at center was extremely productive. Could be why JB has added it to his arsenal since.

Next year the lineup of JG3, Buddy, Benny, Cole, and JimJr seems like a potential offensive juggernaut. Seemed to me JimJr could play center, said wanted to help out in a Marek type role. And General's writeup of covid watching Cole, said he played center for Villanova 50% of the time. Both Cole and JimJr seem like better center options than Marek.

Lydon was a decent rim protector which the recent experiments with Forwards at C have not been.

He might be, although I believe QG can wait until July 19th to make a decision, while FA has until May 1st to enter the transfer portal. While he can still transfer after that, he would have to sit a year.

Frank has until July 1.
Based on all of the colleges hounding my son for a deposit by May 1st for his enrollment and housing, I'm going with May 1 as well.

The difference was that Lydon could swat shots in the zone and also dragged his man outside because he was knocking down 3s on a consistent basis. If the 4 that you elevate to the 5 can't do both of those things well then it's not a great idea.

Yeah, I checked again and you’re both correct.

Of course, that deadline still precedes the NBA draft deadline.
That's good news!

And if Frank stays (odds went up in my mind) I hope JB finds a way to give him some time even if QG comes back.

The difference was that Lydon could swat shots in the zone and also dragged his man outside because he was knocking down 3s on a consistent basis. If the 4 that you elevate to the 5 can't do both of those things well then it's not a great idea.
I think/hope it depends on personnel. Because one of Cole/JimJr is better than Marek. But going with one of Cole/JimJr at center hurts the developmental time for Frank,

I'm sorry to say, and I really am, that in 7-8 years, I'll forget largely who Marek was as a player. As I'm getting older in my days, players come and go. I appreciate them all, at least all who stay. However, years go by and I don't remember them all that well anymore. Hell, the question was asked the other day about best 3 pt shooting in cuse history and for me, Moten came to mind. I know, kick some dirt on me.

At any rate, Marek is a player that if in his normal position, maybe, could have been a player I (and others) remembered for years. For that skinny dude to be able to play center was crazy. He was a special player for cuse to play out of position all these years and to do it really well. Hopefully, that didn't hurt his pro prospects because it's not like he was really set up for success. I really love me some Marek. Good dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom