Hungry Chucks is back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hungry Chucks is back

I’m truly thrilled to hear this. Last summer M Street seemed weird. (I hadn’t been back since ‘91. No Chuck’s, no 44’s, no Maggie’s.) And I always thought Faegan’s was a little lame. All that was left from the old days was The Varsity. Seemed a little sterile. Lots of parking buildings and not enough bars.

Campus was gorgeous tho. And the Dome looks great.

I need a $.05 beer at 5 am on St Patty’s Day. Hopefully the new Chucks brings back that old vibe.

Would go up when I was home from School 80-84 it would be Sutters, Maggie’s for the most part.

Mid 80’s the place on the second floor down the hill from Buggsy’s was hot for awhile, don’t remember what it was named at that point. Maybe the Mason Jar?

Never a big Chucks guy. Happy hour occasionally, Feagans on game day

By that time RJs, Coleman’s, Party in the Plaza, and Romans started becoming more popular

Great to see Chucks come back. Looks like an interesting menu.

Worked as a bouncer at the upstairs Maggie’s. The owner was a and regularly shorted wages. We used to clean the bathrooms with hoses because the place was a disaster at the end of the night. Pretty sure he never paid taxes and that eventually did him in. Was happy to see it happen to such a great guy.

Great to see Chucks come back. Looks like an interesting menu.

Worked as a bouncer at the upstairs Maggie’s. The owner was a and regularly shorted wages. We used to clean the bathrooms with hoses because the place was a disaster at the end of the night. Pretty sure he never paid taxes and that eventually did him in. Was happy to see it happen to such a great guy.
How about that small space in Maggies where the guy made Cosmos pizza? Loved that pizza especially late into the night.

Sutters was our go to. Went to Chucks a few times…eww

When I was home from college I used to go to Sutters once in awhile. Rarely the other SU places. I was more into the non SU places like Uncle Sams (where I worked 3 summers) Poorhouse West, Roman’s, Pepper Mill, Gin Mill, Machine Shop, O’tooles etc.

Sutters was our go to. Went to Chucks a few times…eww
Liked Sutters but a few Syracuse townies would look for fights with the football players to express their manhood so I stayed out of there if I could. Loved the Orange before it closed.

Dead night, cheese fries, pinball, 5 cent drafts on Sunday night, Thursday 2 for one pitchers, Saturday afternoon elephant walks, ...

Man, I hope for your sake this means something other than what it meant at my college...

So they are putting this on Marshall? I think there used to be a bar in that same spot a few years back, right? I just saw the photo of the owner holding an old table. I hope they don't just load a bunch of old tables there and just recreate the last version of Chuck's in the old Sutter's space. That place sucked. Had no character and smelled of bleach. I mean, it was a bar which we need... but not one I would go to if it wasn't the only one around I could get in.

Man, I hope for your sake this means something other than what it meant at my college...
I wasn’t part of the elephant walks, but if you were there on a Saturday afternoon after a rugby match, and one of the teams all went into the head at once and then marched out….it was hilarious watching the unsuspecting spectators jaws drop

H

How about a Retro Carrol's with Club Burgers?
Right before a weekend day game we parked and started walking up the hill and coming out of Burger King was Derek Brower eating a huge whopper and French fries. I was surprised that he was walking up to the game at the same time some of us early arriving fans were and very surprised that this was what he wanted for his pregame meal. He was friendly when I wished the team good luck and he laughed when I commented that he looked hungry (since he was devouring the Burger King food). I remember we lost the game by 1 point to Pitt - Derek shot well but didn’t rebound well and I kept thinking of how much those 2 whoppers and fries he gobbled walking up to the game had to weigh him down when he played.

We are BACK.

Attachments

• 1661396345281.jpeg
    1661396345281.jpeg
    552.2 KB · Views: 64
44s the bar or 44s the number back on a players back: what comes first now?

I thought the university and or the city was holding the liquor licenses tightly to avoid more bars on campus. Are clearer heads prevailing and realizing kids should be social in bars vs drinking in front of computers?

We are BACK.
Correct me if I’m wrong, as I have no doubt you will, but Hungry Chuck’s was not Hungry Charley’s. Everyone called Hungry Charley’s, “Chuck’s”, but Hungry Chuck’s was opened after “Chuck’s” closed and tried to recapture the magic, so to speak of the original place. When I think of Chuck’s I think of the bar that was above (or was it below?) Sutter’s. Am I wrong, old, or both?

Today is a great day.