Its all Syracuse's fault | Syracusefan.com

Its all Syracuse's fault

Marsh01

Living Legend
After listening to various shows today I have come to the realization that its all our fault and we should be ashamed of our program.

Its our fault that the committee awarded us a bid. I mean really committee members? 5 top 50 wins and you call that enough to reward us with a bid? I mean What let the smaller schools who beat up on 200 plus RPI conference foes in. They certainly deserve it more than we do. You should be ashamed of yourself for starting this entire mess.

Its our fault that Dayton not being healthy for our game. They were in no way a 7 seed. I mean a 25 win team didnt deserve a 7 seed. Come on they were at best a 13 seed masked as a 7 seed. Its so our fault that they shot 32% for the game and only 27% from three point range. We somehow cheated and it will be investigated i am sure. Shame on you people who didnt pick Dayton to win. They were all but a lock.

Its our fault that Sparty lost to MTSU. I mean they were the pre tournament favorite so obviously somehow we screwed up their karma. I blame us for having Sparty allow MTSU to carve up their defense like thanksgiving dinner. I blame us for Tom Izzo not making any type of in game adjustments. I totally blame us for ending the historic careers of Denzel Valentine and Matt Costello. We should be embarrassed that we allowed that to happen.

Its our fault that Gonzaga blew out Utah and showed that their two professional players were going to completely dominate us and end our season. I blame JB for allowing them to feast on the inside while not allowing them to beat us from the outside. I totally blame our entire team for playing their butts off and coming back from 9 down with 4 minutes left. I mean thats uncalled for. We should have taken a knee and then helped carry Mark Few off the court. Shame on us.

Its 100% our fault that we are the reason why Virginia will not be making their first final four appearance in decades. I mean talk about being selfish. Their fan base deserves better. Their bench were so gracious during the game and we should have clearly not spotted them a 16 point lead and to play their butts off AGAIN and show heart. I mean heart is so overrated in this game. Why would we do that to a team that we call conference mates? I think we are a bunch of s.

I know for sure when we beat North Carolina that it will be our fault that Roy Williams cut his hand while cutting down the nets. He had to be so pre occupied in thinking about our game that we allowed him to have this mishap. I mean it makes all the sense in the world to have a guy who can barely walk AND has battled vertigo to climb a ladder to cut down a net. Someone should have stepped in and stopped this madness. We certainly will take the blame when the probably best team in the tournament somehow doesnt get it done and we advance.

The championship game we are completely screwed. I mean to deny Jay Wright his first title and or to deny college basketballs best player in Buddy Heil a chance at glory is completely out of line. Why would we want to do this to such nice people?

I for one am ashamed to be a Syracuse fan and really wish that I lived in Storz right now because the love that comes from that wonderful community and their incredible supportive fan base would really help heal my wounds.

Last edited:
I did end up scanning some other fan msg boards this morning -- the hate for this program is really unmatched. There are a lot of simpleminded people in this country who don't care to read the details, just see Syracuse was on probation -- and proclaim Syracuse is everything wrong with the world. Honestly -- and I get there is a 'thing' with us and them, but the Boneyard wasn't even all that bad compared to what I was reading -- especially from areas outside the east coast.

th

There are a lot of simpleminded people in this country who don't care to read the details, just see Syracuse was on probation -- and proclaim Syracuse is everything wrong with the world.

Welcome to the New England Patriots fan experience. Replace probation with "SpyGate" and "DeflateGate".

Just embrace the hate, it's fun.

I did end up scanning some other fan msg boards this morning -- the hate for this program is really unmatched. There are a lot of simpleminded people in this country who don't care to read the details, just see Syracuse was on probation -- and proclaim Syracuse is everything wrong with the world. Honestly -- and I get there is a 'thing' with us and them, but the Boneyard wasn't even all that bad compared to what I was reading -- especially from areas outside the east coast.

It's the media influence. The media is so influential, especially now with the utilization of social media platforms that if people hear something repeated so often, that they are bound to just take it and run with it instead of taking the time to do their own home work.

And to be honest? I love it. Why do people hate the Yankees, Patriots, Redsox, and Duke? Ultimately, it's because they win. To me, this is a sign that we have officially arrived (not that any of us had our own doubts) as a college basketball force.

It's the media influence. The media is so influential, especially now with the utilization of social media platforms that if people hear something repeated so often, that they are bound to just take it and run with it instead of taking the time to do their own home work.

It's baffling to me...in general the media is made up of the most self-centered, unethical people in the country. I assume that journalists are evil, biased liars until enough evidence is compiled for me to give a particular media member a pass. If people actually take the word of a journalist, they are simply lazy - I'd sooner trust a felony convicted drug addict in his third round of rehab before I'd trust a journalist.

We'd be a far better country is people believed the media was full of crap, and the exact opposite of what they wrote was accurate.

Welcome to the New England Patriots fan experience. Replace probation with "SpyGate" and "DeflateGate".

Just embrace the hate, it's fun.

A comparison between SU's violations and Spygate is a very poor one. We can argue about deflategate, but spygate...not so much

We are awful people, we are ruining college basketball, we don't deserve to have a basketball program, Monmouth and Rutgers should have been in the tournament over us.

After listening to various shows today I have come to the realization that its all our fault and we should be ashamed of our program.

Its our fault that the committee awarded us a bid. I mean really committee members? 5 top 50 wins and you call that enough to reward us with a bid? I mean What let the smaller schools who beat up on 200 plus RPI conference foes in. They certainly deserve it more than we do. You should be ashamed of yourself for starting this entire mess.

Its our fault that Dayton not being healthy for our game. They were in no way a 7 seed. I mean a 25 win team didnt deserve a 7 seed. Come on they were at best a 13 seed masked as a 7 seed. Its so our fault that they shot 32% for the game and only 27% from three point range. We somehow cheated and it will be investigated i am sure. Shame on you people who didnt pick Dayton to win. They were all but a lock.

Its our fault that Sparty lost to MTSU. I mean they were the pre tournament favorite so obviously somehow we screwed up their karma. I blame us for having Sparty allow MTSU to carve up their defense like thanksgiving dinner. I blame us for Tom Izzo not making any type of in game adjustments. I totally blame us for ending the historic careers of Denzel Valentine and Matt Costello. We should be embarrassed that we allowed that to happen.

Its our fault that Gonzaga blew out Utah and showed that their two professional players were going to completely dominate us and end our season. I blame JB for allowing them to feast on the inside while not allowing them to beat us from the outside. I totally blame our entire team for playing their butts off and coming back from 9 down with 4 minutes left. I mean thats uncalled for. We should have taken a knee and then helped carry Mark Few off the court. Shame on us.

Its 100% our fault that we are the reason why Virginia will not be making their first final four appearance in decades. I mean talk about being selfish. Their fan base deserves better. Their bench were so gracious during the game and we should have clearly not spotted them a 16 point lead and to play their butts off AGAIN and show heart. I mean heart is so overrated in this game. Why would we do that to a team that we call conference mates? I think we are a bunch of . . . . . s.

I know for sure when we beat North Carolina that it will be our fault that Roy Williams cut his hand while cutting down the nets. He had to be so pre occupied in thinking about our game that we allowed him to have this mishap. I mean it makes all the sense in the world to have a guy who can barely walk AND has battled vertigo to climb a ladder to cut down a net. Someone should have stepped in and stopped this madness. We certainly will take the blame when the probably best team in the tournament somehow doesnt get it done and we advance.

The championship game we are completely screwed. I mean to deny Jay Wright his first title and or to deny college basketballs best player in Buddy Heil a chance at glory is completely out of line. Why would we want to do this to such nice people?

I for one am ashamed to be a Syracuse fan and really wish that I lived in Storz right now because the love that comes from that wonderful community and their incredible supportive fan base would really help heal my wounds.
The only part of this I believe is the last sentence. I knew it all along.

Take it with a grain of salt. On the Dan Patrick show today they did a "who do you want to win" poll. Cuse is just over 25%. Right where it should be. Here is the link.
http://www.danpatrick.com/

Marsh, it's all your fault that all the nice people on this board have to take the time to read your long winded post like that. You should be ashamed! ;)

Well, fwiw, if you ever read the Louisville forums...they LOVE US!

Well, fwiw, if you ever read the Louisville forums...they LOVE US!

Might have something to do with Dr. Gross putting in a good word for Louisville as Maryland's replacement when asked by the ACC. ;)

Another reason why Storzz fans hate us, although I am sure if he was even asked, he'd have said nice things about them as well. Problem is, he likely wasn't asked.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom