Judah Mintz returning? | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the staff reiterated getting guys back and belief in them. Sure sounds like they have plans in mind to get to work on if they can make that happen. Judah is the keystone of course.
If he and Jesse stay along with the rest of our young guys next year might be very fun. IMHO we deserve a year where our guys stay, put it together and they deserve to make bank out of it.

His game translates so well to the next level, and with the improved shooting from range that he displayed in ACC play (.333) I certainly expected him to test the NBA waters before deciding - especially with his name popping up more in 2nd rd mocks. NBA drafts on potential and he’s oozing it. I figured he positioned himself for a shot to even slide in late first. He definitely solidifies a 1st rd selection by returning though. NIL money probably changes the dynamic with players like him as the need to get paid now is diminished a bit. His big money will be there but the extra year more than likely means a guaranteed 3 year deal and a 1st rd selection instead of the uncertainty of a 2nd rd pick.

Man would his return be huge for Autry and the team

His game translates so well to the next level, and with the improved shooting from range that he displayed in ACC play (.333) I certainly expected him to test the NBA waters before deciding - especially with his name popping up more in 2nd rd mocks. NBA drafts on potential and he’s oozing it. I figured he positioned himself for a shot to even slide in late first. He definitely solidifies a 1st rd selection by returning though. NIL money probably changes the dynamic with players like him as the need to get paid now is diminished a bit. His big money will be there but the extra year more than likely means a guaranteed 3 year deal and a 1st rd selection instead of the uncertainty of a 2nd rd pick.

Man would his return be huge for Autry and the team
One more year. I thought college was 4 years.

Mintz' return would be huge for his game. He improved over the season. Another year would help. Especially if he learned more of the PG role of feeding others first.

There is little doubt he can do the job of PG, he did a solid job. However, he can step it up, which will only make him more deadly off the dribble.

I don't see him as overly selfish, he is not Iverson. But I don't see him as a true PG where he looks for others first before looking for his shot.

Just another fan site anonymous fan's point of view, take it for what it's worth. That and $10 might get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Completely changes the trajectory of next year if he comes back. Hopefully we’ll know sooner rather than later so we know how to attack the portal.
If he is considering coming back but still want to test the water for NBA, and who cam blame him for doing so, it could make things complicated while he goes through the combine, meanwhile there may be a portal guard ready to go with a "I will come if I am starting" demand then it gets complicated. Kind of like how it went down with Quincy.

I wonder if it makes sense to put Copeland at the 1, and move Judah to the 2 if Joe leaves and Judah stays. If both leaves we look for a 2 in the portal with Taylor as the backup.

Last edited:
If he is considering coming back but still want to test the water for NBA, and who cam blame him for doing so, it could make things complicated while he goes through the combine, meanwhile there may be a portal guard ready to go with a "I will come if I am starting" demand then it gets complicated. Kind of like how it went down with Quincy.
I'd absolutely give Judah the room and hold his spot.

I wonder if it makes sense to put Copeland at the 1, and move Judah to the 2 if Joe leaves and Judah stays. If both leaves we look for a 2 in the portal with Taylor as the backup.

If we go mtm as expected you could go with Taylor and Copeland with Judah- subject to necessary sophomore jumps for Taylor and Quadir. Sure looked like Copeland had started making his already by end of this year.

This would be huge. Honestly he would be what a top 10 college point guard next season? He was really good this season. With the number of older players in college basketball freshman had a much smaller role nationally. Outside of Alabama, Aarkansas and Duke most of the top 25 is filled with guys who are 22 and older. What Judah did as a freshman in this environment was outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom