Mayors in NYC & LA | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Mayors in NYC & LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top Chinese scientists and milatary planners are extreamly maticulous and logical people. I can not bring myself to believe that people of their capacity would allow any possibility for an event such as this to happen by mistake.

Put it this way. It's akin to a super bug having originated in Atlanta and some of the local scientists/medical professionals from the CDC just up and disappearing. Of course the US propaganda machine would have you believe it came from a rat in some sewer or a bed bug in a motel 8.

The bats where it allegedly came from are tested in that chinese lab. Additionally, although we can't really fact check this, but I've read reports these bats are not sold in the wuhan wet market (primarily because they're found 600 miles away in a remote cave). The wet market is just a convenient excuse. Then again, a number of super bugs throughout history have originated from China. I believe even the bubonic plague came from China.

Last edited:
Density. Look what is happening in Japan. More people living on top of each other. How many people take the subways. Can you imagine a more perfect breeding ground?
Right. Early influx before everything was shut down and fast progression due to proximity on public transit, densely populated, sidewalks, elevators, etc.

Do you what else would have helped mitigate the spread early on? A little planning by 45 and having tests readily available. South Korea was testing 40,000 a day in March. US was doing 3,000 a week. We lost a whole month.
Or not disbanding the pandemic response team. Why pay professionals when you can have your son in law do it for free.
COVID 19 in NYC is our fault? The pork processing plant in SD that closed down is the workers fault as well?

Yes - the extreme spread of covid in NYC is the fault of the people and DeBlasio who continued to party in central park and just do whatever they wanted.. There are literally 1000's of photos of people not heading any stay at home orders or social distancing warnings in the city, the burroughs and places like new rochelle. The USNS photos are just fantastic. It's really not that hard to accept. I mean Cuomo had to literally send the national guard to enforce containment lockdown around New Rochelle.

Regarding the 'test kits'...hopefully the hospitals and governements are stockpiling now because this is the calm before the reopening storm.

Just like every other country out there. He was also in the middle of the ridiculous impeachment. The Dems were all in on impeachment and the WHO and Chinese lied

Sorry to disagree, but the impeachment defense is a sham. The Chinese may have lied, but trump’s actions were his own choices because he didn’t want “his numbers” to go down. He called Coronavirus a hoax, failed to implement a testing program, and continues to play politics with peoples lives. This is all on him.

Sorry to disagree, but the impeachment defense is a sham. The Chinese may have lied, but trump’s actions were his own choices because he didn’t want “his numbers” to go down. He called Coronavirus a hoax, failed to implement a testing program, and continues to play politics with peoples lives. This is all on him.
And if he implemented a strict martial law in January, what would you have said then?

We didnt need martial law.. but we could have done what other countries did and be a bit more pro-active about people traveling from abroad on planes.. even random testing would have helped.

would have sucked for travelers and slowed things down and we couldnt have done the 14 day thing like other countries most likely.

even if we caught 5-10% things might have gone better

To add to this, Michele Bachmann once shared second-hand information that the HPV vaccine made a girl mentally re tarded. So that's something we should also take seriously.

There's a bill moving through NY to add HPV to the required list of mandatory grade school vaccines. I don't know about you but I'd be a 1000% against this. In sum, HPV is s e xually transmitted and they want 8 year olds to take it and it's like a fraction of a % of hpv cases later in life lead to some type of cervical cancers or genital warts.

I have two separate friends who's teenagers took the vaccine and now both have irreparable life changing side effects from it. But we're going to shoot up 1st graders with it for something acquired by having s e x and that is a non-communicable, at least not in the way that measles is. IDK, I'd probably as a parent want the say in whether or not my 1st grader needs to and/or should have this type of vaccine.

And if he implemented a strict martial law in January, what would you have said then?

Who wanted him to implement martial law? Ever?

Ramping up testing would have been tremendously effective. He still hasn’t done it. For that matter admitting Coronavirus existed would have helped.

Who wanted him to implement martial law? Ever?

Ramping up testing would have been tremendously effective. He still hasn’t done it. For that matter admitting Coronavirus existed would have helped.
The only way to stop it from spreading is to completely stop travel and make people stay in their homes and not socialize which is martial law, which is what we have a version of now.

There's a bill moving through NY to add HPV to the required list of mandatory grade school vaccines. I don't know about you but I'd be a 1000% against this. In sum, HPV is s e xually transmitted and they want 8 year olds to take it and it's like a fraction of a % of hpv cases later in life lead to some type of cervical cancers or genital warts.

I have two separate friends who's teenagers took the vaccine and now both have irreparable life changing side effects from it. But we're going to shoot up 1st graders with it for something acquired by having s e x and that is a non-communicable, at least not in the way that measles is. IDK, I'd probably as a parent want the say in whether or not my 1st grader needs to and/or should have this type of vaccine.

HPV can be transmitted non-sexually through skin contact with someone that has HPV warts. Caregiver to child to child is a common vector.

HPV can remain undetected for decades in a person who is asymptomatic.

HPV is estimated to be the cause in 90% of the cervical cancer cases in the US.

You seem to have an awful lot of friends with tragic medical situations.

The only way to stop it from spreading is to completely stop travel and make people stay in their homes and not socialize which is martial law, which is what we have a version of now.

We have nothing close to martial law, otherwise we wouldn’t have social media filled with idiots having barbecues.

Even in February there were countries creating effective programs using mass testing and controlling interaction of people who test positive. Everyone knew by March 1 that testing is key.

We didnt need martial law.. but we could have done what other countries did and be a bit more pro-active about people traveling from abroad on planes.. even random testing would have helped.

would have sucked for travelers and slowed things down and we couldnt have done the 14 day thing like other countries most likely.

even if we caught 5-10% things might have gone better

The Chinese cover-up was the crime. We can and will Monday Morning QB Trump, Pelosi, Cuomo, DeBlasio, etc...but China made it worse by hiding it for 6 weeks and getting the WHO to lie for them.

China needs to be punished, the WHO de-funded and reorganized and FEMA, CDC and the Individual States need to put the BS aside and work out better pandemic and other catastrophic responses.

Last edited:
The Lab was certified as a level 4 facility but in reality it wasn't. The theory is some careless practices allowed it to get out. The bat that carries it is found over 600 miles from Wuhan and wasn't sold in the wet market.

Put me on team Wuhan Lab as the cause...but that would make me a conspiracy freak like Sen Cotton.

The US better make some choices about China. They are not our friend (the government). Pullback our vital manufacturing from there... American consumers have to expect to pay more for some goods.

Japan has already begun the process of bringing back their firms. The global backlash is going to be severe.

The Chinese cover-up was the crime. We can and will Monday Morning QB Trump, Pelosi, Cuomo, DeBlasio, etc...but China made it worse but hiding it for 6 weeks and getting the WHO to lie for them.

China needs to be punished, the WHO de-funded and reorganized and FEMA, CDC and the Individual States need to put the BS aside and work out better pandemic and other catastrophic responses.

Dont disagree with this, but what China did or did not do has no bearing on trump’s incompetence.

And just a reminder - the federal govt had a pandemic program in place. Our president shut it down.

HPV can be transmitted non-s e xually through skin contact with someone that has HPV warts. Caregiver to child to child is a common vector.

HPV can remain undetected for decades in a person who is asymptomatic.

HPV is estimated to be the cause in 90% of the cervical cancer cases in the US.

You seem to have an awful lot of friends with tragic medical situations.

I'm not sure why the sarcastic dig with your last sentence...I didn't cite any tragic medical situations.

I'm aware of your 3 bullet points but mandatory for grade school kids vs the side effects is asinine. Again, we're not talking mumps or measles or meningitis.

Dont disagree with this, but what China did or did not do has no bearing on trump’s incompetence.

And just a reminder - the federal govt had a pandemic program in place. Our president shut it down.
Ahh the famous pandemic manual apparently briefed to him in the middle of the Russian Collusion conspiracy.

The first thing that goes to crap is the plan with first contact with the enemy. I think Trump is right to get private business involved and not totally rely on govt agencies... didn't the CDC botch the initial testing and that cost us like 2 weeks?

I do agree though you need basic responses laid out...just be prepared that you will deviate from them. It happened to me flying in the military all the time during complex operations.

If they had just let the labs that had testing do testing we would have been better off earlier. many colleges created tests but were not allowed to widely use them at the start.

I'm not sure why the sarcastic dig with your last sentence...I didn't cite any tragic medical situations.

I'm aware of your 3 bullet points but mandatory for grade school kids vs the side effects is asinine. Again, we're not talking mumps or measles or meningitis.

Sorry if it came across as petty. You site a lot of anecdotal evidence on these threads about friends and coworkers having COVID19 in 2019, and you just posted knowing two teenagers who had HPV vaccine complications.

Many kids are sexually active by 13. Transmission can happen prior to that as I posted. Getting vaccinated after the fact is much use.

I know far more people who don't get them as who do. $$o what ?

Why not? Not a fan of mercury? :). BTW some experts think a flu shot makes you more likely to have complications from corona since it weakens your immune system temporarily. I don't get flu shots myself, never needed them.

This obviously was from the chinese lab

It’s no coincidence we had a test for the virus almost immediately...which means China was likely already testing for it and knew what to look for in the lab

Ahh the famous pandemic manual apparently briefed to him in the middle of the Russian Collusion conspiracy.

The first thing that goes to crap is the plan with first contact with the enemy. I think Trump is right to get private business involved and not totally rely on govt agencies... didn't the CDC botch the initial testing and that cost us like 2 weeks?

I do agree though you need basic responses laid out...just be prepared that you will deviate from them. It happened to me flying in the military all the time during complex operations.

The tricky thing with these departments is they tend to work better if you dont have significant churn of department heads...or maybe fostering a culture of competence rather than absolute fealty.

The tricky thing with these departments is they tend to work better if you dont have significant churn of department heads...or maybe fostering a culture of competence rather than absolute fealty.
To a point...but you also don't want kingdoms built with entrenched bureaucrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom