Melo on the move... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Melo on the move...

Glad he had a nice season(for him) last year and I like the Lakers taking him with basically zero risk.
don't know about that . . . the lakers' locker room is going to be interesting to watch this year

don't know about that . . . the lakers' locker room is going to be interesting to watch this year

That’s true. One year deals for all those guys though. Walton will have his hands full. Will be interesting to see how he does. It’s a completely different situation now. High expectations, LeBron, some new veterans who can be headcases. Plus developing the young returning guys has got to be a priority.

If this is your take then you don’t know how the NBA works. Lol

Lol yeah, there is no chance he plays for ATL, idk why he thinks melo would waive his no trade clause to go to a team just starting to rebuild, he'll be in Hou, LA or Miami in the end, most likely Hou it seems

looks like it's Houston. Hope he is able to make the most of the opportunity.

looks like it's Houston. Hope he is able to make the most of the opportunity.
Yeah it seems like he’s always a few hours late to the party. I don’t like this for him at all

Good Stuff. I'd love to see him play an important role on a team that fights deep into the playoffs.

It is so strange to me how Melo hits all the right notes PR wise with his charitable events and contributions to the community, yet seems to have a totally different PR strategy in terms of his play and role in basketball.

It is so strange to me how Melo hits all the right notes PR wise with his charitable events and contributions to the community, yet seems to have a totally different PR strategy in terms of his play and role in basketball.

Well the guy raised the bar for himself someone who spends 15 years as a top 5/10 scorer in the league gets extra expectations. He chose the worst owned franchise in sports when he was at his absolute pinnacle and coming up on free agency.

He probably would have spent the last 6 or 7 years getting into the second round and ECFs with NY if the owner didn't hire Phil Jackson who set a bad franchise back even further and he had a 5 year run with a team that was as good or better than when he arrived. His team got worse and worse.

Team sucked an his rep went down same will happen to LeBron if the Lakers miss the playoffs or can't get out of the first next couple of years.

Well the guy raised the bar for himself someone who spends 15 years as a top 5/10 scorer in the league gets extra expectations. He chose the worst owned franchise in sports when he was at his absolute pinnacle and coming up on free agency.

He probably would have spent the last 6 or 7 years getting into the second round and ECFs with NY if the owner didn't hire Phil Jackson who set a bad franchise back even further and he had a 5 year run with a team that was as good or better than when he arrived. His team got worse and worse.

Team sucked an his rep went down same will happen to LeBron if the Lakers miss the playoffs or can't get out of the first next couple of years.

Right because LeBron’s legacy is somehow invalidated because of what happens in LA, lol. One can argue that 07 and this past season (especially his overall numbers this year) were a couple of the greatest performances in history in terms of “carrying” a team to a place where they truly had no business being!

Right because LeBron’s legacy is somehow invalidated because of what happens in LA, lol. One can argue that 07 and this past season (especially his overall numbers this year) were a couple of the greatest performances in history in terms of “carrying” a team to a place where they truly had no business being!

Noone said its invalidated. But hes a star and people like knock stars down a peg. If the Lakers suck he will be blamed.

Carmelo was a top 5 NBA player when he chose the Knicks. Being a legit superstar hes a guy who was always going to catch heat if he never won a ring think Malone and Barkley. He went to the Knicks... and now people act like he shoots at the wrong bucket and wants to lose.

In the era of super teams NO superstar NBA players have been dumb enough to chose a crappy team of their own volition to play for since supporting cast is so important. Melo is the guy who chose to try and win with the Knicks and reading through this thread even Syracuse fans who should always have his back are ripping him.

One can argue that 07 and this past season (especially his overall numbers this year) were a couple of the greatest performances in history in terms of “carrying” a team to a place where they truly had no business being!
What does that have to do with the Lakers?

Melo is the guy who chose to try and win with the Knicks and reading through this thread even Syracuse fans who should always have his back are ripping him.
Especially when a good portion of them are also Knicks fans.

Noone said its invalidated. But hes a star and people like knock stars down a peg. If the Lakers suck he will be blamed.

Carmelo was a top 5 NBA player when he chose the Knicks. Being a legit superstar hes a guy who was always going to catch heat if he never won a ring think Malone and Barkley. He went to the Knicks... and now people act like he shoots at the wrong bucket and wants to lose.

In the era of super teams NO superstar NBA players have been dumb enough to chose a crappy team of their own volition to play for since supporting cast is so important. Melo is the guy who chose to try and win with the Knicks and reading through this thread even Syracuse fans who should always have his back are ripping him.

Lol, people are nuts. People criticize Durant for going to GS. But if Durant went somewhere where he couldn’t win he’d get criticized for that(like Carmelo). If he stayed in OKC, you’d get KD vs. Russ as to who gets more credit/blame whether they won or lost. Same with LeBron. Was criticized for going to the Heat. But before that he was criticized for not winning with a crap roster in Cleveland. Criticized because Ray Allen and Chris Bosh made big plays. Kobe “couldn’t win without Shaq”. Then he did, and it’s “well, he could’ve won MORE with Shaq but he was too selfish.” You can’t win.

41 year old Vince Carter just signed with the Hawks. He said he didn’t sign with a contender because he wants playing time. Love it. Do what you want. Fans are stupid and angry over everything anyway.

Lol, people are nuts. People criticize Durant for going to GS. But if Durant went somewhere where he couldn’t win he’d get criticized for that(like Carmelo). If he stayed in OKC, you’d get KD vs. Russ as to who gets more credit/blame whether they won or lost. Same with LeBron. Was criticized for going to the Heat. But before that he was criticized for not winning with a crap roster in Cleveland. Criticized because Ray Allen and Chris Bosh made big plays. Kobe “couldn’t win without Shaq”. Then he did, and it’s “well, he could’ve won MORE with Shaq but he was too selfish.” You can’t win.

41 year old Vince Carter just signed with the Hawks. He said he didn’t sign with a contender because he wants playing time. Love it. Do what you want. Fans are stupid and angry over everything anyway.

Where did Melo go that he couldnt win?

Please don't say NY... because he demanded the trade to cap on every dollar he could which ultimately crushed that team (along with some other factors). Had he just waited to sign as a FA, things would/could have been much different.

Also - Durant can win on team he signs with. Going to the Warriors was a clown move. I get it, i may have even done it. BUt he deserves criticism for it.

Where did Melo go that he couldnt win?

Please don't say NY... because he demanded the trade to cap on every dollar he could which ultimately crushed that team (along with some other factors). Had he just waited to sign as a FA, things would/could have been much different.

Also - Durant can win on team he signs with. Going to the Warriors was a clown move. I get it, i may have even done it. BUt he deserves criticism for it.

NY. That franchise sucks. That’s why they’ve had one good season since the 90s(Melo carried them)

I give him credit for wanting to be a NY Knick, taking pride in it, and at least bringing them to respectability for a few years.

And LeBron’s team was going to win the East no matter what.

Short of Durant staying in OKC and winning it all, he would’ve got criticized for anything he did. And I’m of the opinion that he couldn’t win in OKC...because their offense sucks. And if they did people would play “Russ’s team/KD’s the sidekick” or vice versa like they do with every other team that had 2 stars that were about equal. People are gonna say dumb things regardless. Just do what you want.

I’ve got no problem with Melo choosing to be a NY Knick, playing great basketball(because he did), and getting every dollar he could...and then using a lot of his money to do things like build his college a great facility and building courts in Africa for poor kids.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom