NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Sure they did...
Bron will send Russ packing in a heartbeat for Kyrie...

Season win totals.

Annual reminder regarding the Raptors:
- Raptors are 10-0 against the win line in the last 10 seasons they have played in Toronto. They finished under the win line in the Tampa bay tank season in 2021.
- Raptors have exceeded the win line by more than 10 wins, 4 times the last 9 years
- Raptors are an aggregate 70 wins over the win line in the last 10 seasons played in Toronto. An average of 7 wins per season.
- Starting in 2011, If you had bet $100 each year (+ half your accumulated profit) on the Raptors you would now be over $6,000. And that includes taking around a $4,000 loss in the Tampa season.

End of the day
Raptors OVER on the 44.5.

Season win totals.

Annual reminder regarding the Raptors:
- Raptors are 10-0 against the win line in the last 10 seasons they have played in Toronto. They finished under the win line in the Tampa bay tank season in 2021.
- Raptors have exceeded the win line by more than 10 wins, 4 times the last 9 years
- Raptors are an aggregate 70 wins over the win line in the last 10 seasons played in Toronto. An average of 7 wins per season.
- Starting in 2011, If you had bet $100 each year (+ half your accumulated profit) on the Raptors you would now be over $6,000. And that includes taking around a $4,000 loss in the Tampa season.

End of the day
Raptors OVER on the 44.5.
Did they purposely leave out the teams with trade rumors pending? Noticed a few are missing including Brooklyn, Knicks and Utah.

I think this is great. I've never been a fan of that concrete jungle Philly sports complex.

One rumor. Would need to see how the picks are defined with picks v swaps or whatever and which picks... but...

One rumor. Would need to see how the picks are defined with picks v swaps or whatever and which picks... but...

As a Jazz fan I am totally against the dismantling of the team and dispise Danny Ainge. That said, if that is the trade, I think he did pretty good with both trades.

PK is a weird dude but he has integrity. I don't think he would have said something like that or taken it lightly. He understands very well that in the Utah sports market they either need all of the teams to be good or interesting for him to have much fun at his job.

Ok, from my buddy that maybe kinda would know things about the Jazz, this is absolutely not the case, but a hilarious thing that came up is that the Knicks thing where they put people at center court in Dallas to fawn over Mitchell... part of Ainge's leverage is saying to the Knicks, look, you either give us the picks or we've got enough for the NBA to launch an investigation and you lose those picks anyway.

Ok, from my buddy that maybe kinda would know things about the Jazz, this is absolutely not the case, but a hilarious thing that came up is that the Knicks thing where they put people at center court in Dallas to fawn over Mitchell... part of Ainge's leverage is saying to the Knicks, look, you either give us the picks or we've got enough for the NBA to launch an investigation and you lose those picks anyway.

Gotta respect the hustle by Danny here

I can't believe the penalty would be that large for even the most egregious form of tampering.

Lawrence Frank and various Clippers staff (including Steve Ballmer a few games) showed up at a highly unusual amount of Raptors game in the 2018/2019 season to follow Kawhi -- reported to be well over 20 games.

I was upset about it back then, but in reality it made no difference in his decision, whether it was considered minor tampering or not. In retrospect, I thought it was a silly use of resources by the Clippers, especially since they never actually chatted directly to him at the games, just watched-- its not as if Kawhi, or his reps, did not realize the Clippers were extremely interested in him.

Last edited:
As a Jazz fan I am totally against the dismantling of the team and dispise Danny Ainge. That said, if that is the trade, I think he did pretty good with both trades.

Just not sure if the Jazz were ever going to get over the hump. They could have stayed together and been a 47-55 win team for 3-4 more years but likely never been top NBA champ contenders. The Mitchell/Gobert issues forcing a re-build or re-tool now, will accelerate the Jazz rebuild exponentially.

Most teams would hang on and hope it works (as a Jazz fan I would want to as well), but the Jazz had a dilemma since there 2 best players apparently had a big falling out -- at that point it forced a re-tool or re-build. (Jazz fans can correct me if I am wrong on that falllout)

Typically teams re-build when a team is starting to really decline, and player trade values are way down at that point.

By being able to trade Mitchell and Gobert at their peak values, and also get values for other veterans, and keep all their own picks, they are going to get a hell of a good start on the rebuild.

And its not only Mitchell and Gobert. They got a first for Royce O'neale, and I suspect they will get late firsts for Bogdanovic, Clarkson perhaps, Beverly maybe -- possibly even Beasley and Vanderbilt.

They will probably have more firsts in their bank at the end of the season than OKC.

It's an unfortunate situation, but the rebuild is able to get of to an amazing start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom