NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Kyrie is probably just posturing to get the deal he wants from the Nets. He’s only going to want to go to a team that will give him a long term deal and no team but the Nets seems interested in that.

Celtics are so dependent on the three, they are just an average team when two or more guys aren’t hitting their shots. No attempts at offensive rebounds.
Feels like this is true for all NBA teams nowadays lol. The Bucks have Giannis and are still as dependent on the 3 ball as any team in the league. It’s just kinda the way the game is played nowadays.

I think a handful of teams will be interested, at least in trying to get him for like 5 cents on the dollar.

It’s times like these that I’m reminded some Bucks insiders said Giannis wisely vetoed a trade for Kyrie back when he was still in Cleveland. I’d keep an eye on Dallas. Kidd is a believer.

It's a tough needle to thread, if the price is so low that even if he just walks in the summer you don't mind it, that's one thing.

But if I were the Nets I would strongly consider calling his bluff here. They were killing it before Durant got hurt. If you can't get much for Kyrie, don't deal him, try and make a run in the playoffs. I think no matter what you're gonna end up trading Durant in the summer (assuming Kyrie will leave as a FA), so unless you can get some package back that either 1) keeps you afloat this year or 2) kickstarts the rebuild (and a 5 cents on the dollar package is something I assume does neither) then just play the rest of the season out.

It's a tough needle to thread, if the price is so low that even if he just walks in the summer you don't mind it, that's one thing.

But if I were the Nets I would strongly consider calling his bluff here. They were killing it before Durant got hurt. If you can't get much for Kyrie, don't deal him, try and make a run in the playoffs. I think no matter what you're gonna end up trading Durant in the summer (assuming Kyrie will leave as a FA), so unless you can get some package back that either 1) keeps you afloat this year or 2) kickstarts the rebuild (and a 5 cents on the dollar package is something I assume does neither) then just play the rest of the season out.
If I'm the Nets I don't care what he wants. He's shown that he's erratic regardless.

If a team decides to pony up, take it. But I wouldn't put any effort into moving him.

Yeah if his value is as low as part of me thinks it is, the only real reason to trade him would be to maintain the salary slot for future trades but that might not matter if you plan to move on from Durant too.

So was it just a random post because the Clippers were playing the Bucks or did he actually do something in that game?
When I posted that, he had just run into a Clippers player at half court, trying to draw an offensive foul.

Yeah if his value is as low as part of me thinks it is, the only real reason to trade him would be to maintain the salary slot for future trades but that might not matter if you plan to move on from Durant too.

The total high wire act would be something where the Lakers were super desperate and would trade Russ and the 2 1's for Kyrie and Joe Harris. Then maybe you can reroute one of those 1's somewhere else to get some more help before the deadline. You could go forward with Russ and whoever you got in the trade for the rest of the season. It's not as good as having Kyrie (at least on paper, and assuming he would show up and play and all that stuff). You get off Harris for next year, you'd have Simmons and Durant making about $84 million between the two of them, but you would have some room and could theoretically maneuver to put a team around KD if he wanted to stick around. And if not, you can still always trade KD for a ton of picks.

It’s OK to admit when your team has dirty a player.

Marcus Morris is dirty. See? Easy.
I can admit he’s done some dirty stuff in the past but that was not an example at all. Our team has Giannis and Grayson Allen lol. I can’t say they don’t do dirty stuff.

I can admit he’s done some dirty stuff in the past but that was not an example at all. Our team has Giannis and Grayson Allen lol. I can’t say they don’t do dirty stuff.
It wasn’t anything close to resembling a basketball play.

You have a thing for Australians, I get it. I mean, Divini Rae? Chef’s kiss.

Ya know…my wife IS Australian.
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Want to get ahead of this…

For the record, I do not want the Clippers to acquire Irving and I’ll be pissed if they do.

Every night with the Knicks is a new adventure

This is a fun one

Curry and Jokic are easy ones. Giannis is a very interesting debate. Dame? Not sure

Nets is an interesting one; Durant is obviously the best player to ever play for the Nets, but Kidd played there for so long. Plus Dr. J if we're including ABA (which why shouldn't we?)

This is a fun one

Curry and Jokic are easy ones. Giannis is a very interesting debate. Dame? Not sure

Nets is an interesting one; Durant is obviously the best player to ever play for the Nets, but Kidd played there for so long. Plus Dr. J if we're including ABA (which why shouldn't we?)
Very few LeBron responses. Interesting.

Very few LeBron responses. Interesting.

I don't think you can consider Lebron the greatest player in Laker history. He might be the best player who ever played for the Lakers, but it's not the same thing.

I gotta say though, just pulling up his stats, I couldn't believe he's been on the Lakers for 5 years now.

I don't think you can consider Lebron the greatest player in Laker history. He might be the best player who ever played for the Lakers, but it's not the same thing.

I gotta say though, just pulling up his stats, I couldn't believe he's been on the Lakers for 5 years now.
I don’t, but I’m sure many LeBron stans will

Knicks absolute heartbreaker last night after an inspired Q4 comeback.
Heat hit a 3 to tie at the buzzer, then pulled away in OT.

Would have been great to get that W after the nice win without Brunson in previous game vs Miami.
In the Miami game, Clyde and Breen discussed Flinstones trivia, which Clyde ended w/perfect punch line-

This is a fun one

If Giannis isn’t already ahead of Kareem as a Buck, he will be. I think he’s probably already surpassed him. Already ahead of him in most statistical categories and breathing down his neck in terms of awards.

If Giannis isn’t already ahead of Kareem as a Buck, he will be. I think he’s probably already surpassed him. Already ahead of him in most statistical categories and breathing down his neck in terms of awards.

Yeah Giannis is def really close. I could probably go either way, and it's inevitable he will pass Kareem.

My pro Kareem case is: He played there 6 seasons. They won a title and made another finals. He won 3 MVP in 6 years. The 3 years he didnt win, he was third (as a rookie!!), second, and fifth. He was basically the best player in the nba from the second he stepped on the court until he was traded. 2019 was the first season Giannis was a real legit MVP candidate (prior to that he had received one third place vote total). So we're on year 5 of him being a year in year out MVP guy. Certainly the years prior to that had value and like I said, he's a year or two away I would say

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom