NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

My favorite part is that people who agreed with me the calls yesterday were "just football" suddenly think the hit today was so much farther over the line even though he was a runner and the threshold is much higher.
Josh Allen is 6 inches taller than Jon Jones the only way they make helmet to helmet contact is if Allen lowers his head which is what he did.
Allen didn’t slide he doesn’t get the protection that way. It was a helmet to helmet hit but the complaining is nuts. The penalty was called.

When Nate Clements hammered Brady. The reaction wasn’t throw a flag. Brady was scrambling and got
popped.

You won't find a replay because...THE NFL...and Kraft needs three home playoff games and the Bills were a temporary threat.

suspiciously they didn't show it on TV...my info from people at the game.

Somebody definitely leapt over the line - I want to see the replay to see whether the guy was stationary within 1 yard of the LOS at the time of the snap.

Josh Allen is 6 inches taller than Jon Jones the only way they make helmet to helmet contact is if Allen lowers his head which is what he did.
Allen didn’t slide he doesn’t get the protection that way. It was a helmet to helmet hit but the complaining is nuts. The penalty was called.

When Nate Clements hammered Brady. The reaction wasn’t throw a flag. Brady was scrambling and got
popped.

Slight bit of context here - the rules have changed in the past 18 seasons of NFL football. Clements would have been booted from the game had that happened today.

Slight bit of context here - the rules have changed in the past 18 seasons of NFL football. Clements would have been booted from the game had that happened today.
I dont think so. He was a runner. It has a violent hit. But there was nothing fundamentally dirty about it

You won't find a replay because...THE NFL...and Kraft needs three home playoff games and the Bills were a temporary threat.

suspiciously they didn't show it on TV...my info from people at the game.
The Patriots could have lost this game and the Bills wouldn’t have been a threat.

The AFC title game is likely going to be Kansas City and New England. Only question is where.

popped.

So, both players were standing straight up when contact was made?

So, both players were standing straight up when contact was made?
Your QB lowered his head. If you can’t admit that I am honestly done.
That is so obvious from every replay.
If you disagree just don’t bother. I won’t go on. We will agree on nothing.

I think the call would be that Brady was defenseless.
But He wasnt. Runners are not defenseless on the move. That is almost always applied to players as they catching a ball. Regardless we are splitting hairs. Hard hits happen. That wasnt even called a penalty, this was, and both were called correctly as per the rules.

Your QB lowered his head. If you can’t admit that I am honestly done.
That is so obvious from every replay.
If you disagree just don’t bother. I won’t go on. We will agree on nothing.

Harmon had Allen by the legs/waist. Allen was falling forward - he didn't lower his head. If he lowered his head, shouldn't that have been a penalty on Allen?

Officials need to err on the side of not calling things they are not sure about.

Unfortunately, they seem to do the opposite of that now - let the play run its course, regardless of what you see, and then let replay sort it out, if need be. Problem is, once they let a play go, the standard for replay reversal is pretty strict.

Unfortunately, they seem to do the opposite of that now - let the play run its course, regardless of what you see, and then let replay sort it out, if need be. Problem is, once they let a play go, the standard for replay reversal is pretty strict.

Solid counter point.

The term “inconclusive evidence” is arbitrary.

Solid counter point.

Another thing that drives me nuts is picking up a flag without explanation. You threw the flag for a reason, so why is that you are now changing your mind?

Solid counter point.

Its dumb. The standard should always be "what is most likely". If replay takes a call that was called one way look like 60% likely it's the opposite you change it. You don't stick with a call that lis more likely than not to be wrong.

If you could only hear the audio of tonight's broadcast - no video - you'd be shocked to learn that NO has led for about 80%+ of the game. Collinsworth has been tongue bathing Dallas all night long. No doubt a very solid team but to listen to CC they're a combo of the 85 Bears and the 72 Dolphins.

Like just now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom