NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Slightly off-topic... but what sport is easiest to tank and win through the draft? MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL?

Most recent success has to be MLB, as you mentioned.
Tanking works in MLB, NBA, NFL.
Hockey not so much.

If you commit to a tank and nail the picks you will become solid.

Patriots didn’t deserve the win today.
Not sure the Bills did either tho

If ever a game deserved a tie
The Patriots dominated defensively and special teams.
They deserved that win.
Buffalo’s defense was great and their crowd noise killed the Pats ability to audible.
Plus Edelman was dinged up and they didn’t have a TE which they will next week with Ben Watson.

Pats offense had plenty of stinkers last year. Buffalo and McDermott are good defensively.
They deserved to win that game.

With Denver going to 0-4 the Patriots need to hit Elway up to get Emmanuel Sanders. Just give the Broncos a 3rd round pick which is probably an overpay for the guy but the Pats have 3 3rd compensatory picks and all know Belichick will trade down in the draft and get it back.

The Pats need one more weapon on offense. That or wait till week 8 and hope N’Keal Harry is ready.

I really wish Larry Fitzgerald would take a trade to NE but he won’t.

Tanking works in MLB, NBA, NFL.
Hockey not so much.

If you commit to a tank and nail the picks you will become solid.
Yeah, wondered if there was one sport where it seemed to work better than the rest.

In the end, you have to draft well. No matter where you pick.

The Patriots dominated defensively and special teams.
They deserved that win.
Buffalo’s defense was great and their crowd noise killed the Pats ability to audible.
Plus Edelman was dinged up and they didn’t have a TE which they will next week with Ben Watson.

Pats offense had plenty of stinkers last year. Buffalo and McDermott are good defensively.
They deserved to win that game.

With Denver going to 0-4 the Patriots need to hit Elway up to get Emmanuel Sanders. Just give the Broncos a 3rd round pick which is probably an overpay for the guy but the Pats have 3 3rd compensatory picks and all know Belichick will trade down in the draft and get it back.

The Pats need one more weapon on offense. That or wait till week 8 and hope N’Keal Harry is ready.

I really wish Larry Fitzgerald would take a trade to NE but he won’t.

I’m a Pats fan and that offense was dreadful. Just godawful.

I’m hopeful that Watson gives us something in the middle of the field at the very least

Yeah, wondered if there was one sport where it seemed to work better than the rest.

In the end, you have to draft well. No matter where you pick.
Basketball I would say has done the most to stop tanking.
In the 80’s the rockets tanked to get Akeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson.

The Spurs tanked for Tim Duncan when David Robinson got hurt.

The lottery has stopped it but I would say tanking in basketball does work if you get the pick.

Football really only the Colts and Browns started this trend.

Baseball it works because the worst teams get more money for the draft.
The Astros got Correa, Springer and a bunch of others.
The Cubs got Schwarber and Bryant.

I’m a Pats fan and that offense was dreadful. Just godawful.

I’m hopeful that Watson gives us something in the middle of the field at the very least
Edelman was hurt.
The OL was banged up and that was a great Buffalo gameplan.
They know you have to play man to man and switch up looks.
The Pats couldn’t move the ball because Edelman wasn’t healthy and Gordon/Dorsett were blanketed.

Good coaches like McDermott and Wade Philips know how to play Brady.

Brady in the 5 games vs. the Bills since McDermott took over:

102 completions on 166 attempts (61%)
1,082 yards (216/game)
3 TD
5 INT

If the Bills' offense didn't perennially suck, they might actually have won all of those games.

Brady in the 5 games vs. the Bills since McDermott took over:

102 completions on 166 attempts (61%)
1,082 yards (216/game)
3 TD
5 INT

If the Bills' offense didn't perennially suck, they might actually have won all of those games.
Josh Allen getting hurt gave your team a better chance to win.
Patriots D confused the hell out of him.
Barkley threw a more catchable ball.

Basketball I would say has done the most to stop tanking.
In the 80’s the rockets tanked to get Akeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson.

The Spurs tanked for Tim Duncan when David Robinson got hurt.

The lottery has stopped it but I would say tanking in basketball does work if you get the pick.

Football really only the Colts and Browns started this trend.

Baseball it works because the worst teams get more money for the draft.
The Astros got Correa, Springer and a bunch of others.
The Cubs got Schwarber and Bryant.

Basketball has done the most to stop tanking? lol the NBA by far has the biggest tanking problem. Been going on for years.

Tanking is stupid. Teams like the Steelers have never ranked and stayed good for most of the past 50 years. There’s a lot of examples of bad teams staying bad though.

Basket ball has done the most to stop tanking? lol the NBA by far has the biggest tanking problem. Been going on for years.

I think in basketball, a lot of teams are more quick to tank because there’s only a handful of teams that have a chance to win it all. You sneak into the playoffs as a 7 seed as a 43-39 team and you’re flat out not winning it all.

Baseball, football, and hockey: anybody that makes the playoffs can get hot and win it all.

Tanking is stupid. Teams like the Steelers have never ranked and stayed good for most of the past 50 years. There’s a lot of examples of bad teams staying bad though.

It's very hard to tank in the NFL. Players have short careers so every week they're playing for future paychecks. All of their work is down on tape. They play half-assed and they'll be on the street before they know it.

Josh Allen getting hurt gave your team a better chance to win.
Patriots D confused the hell out of him.
Barkley threw a more catchable ball.

No, there's a record of Allen sucking for 3 quarters this season then leading game-winning drives

The spearing that should have resulted in an ejection was a major factor, particularly since running QB would have changed the offense on the First and Goal the Bills didn't score

Also if the FG the Bills missed wasn't disrupted by an illegal leverage play uncalled, and the Patriots gifted a FG on an interception that shouldn't have counted per the newly free to speak former NFL official, yadda yadda yadda...

ALL ONE WAY CALLS...all you've got is a game-action pile Facemask whch we counter with a QB facemask inches from the lead referee on 3rd down

Bias...asterisks...

No, there's a record of Allen sucking for 3 quarters this season then leading game-winning drives

The spearing that should have resulted in an ejection was a major factor, particularly since running QB would have changed the offense on the First and Goal the Bills didn't score

Also if the FG the Bills missed wasn't disrupted by an illegal leverage play uncalled, and the Patriots gifted a FG on an interception that shouldn't have counted per the newly free to speak former NFL official, yadda yadda yadda...

ALL ONE WAY CALLS...all you've got is a game-action pile Facemask whch we counter with a QB facemask inches from the lead referee on 3rd down

Bias...asterisks...
I can’t imagine what you would be like if you were a Saints fan.
This is some Charlie Day Always Sunny stuff.
tenor.gif

I can’t imagine what you would be like if you were a Saints fan.
This is some Charlie Day Always Sunny stuff.
tenor.gif

Yep, I notice you didn't address (and haven't) a single point of content today so that tells me what I need to know.

Yep, I notice you didn't address (and haven't) a single point of content today so that tells me what I need to know.
The refs were not why New England won.
Your QB was awful. There were missed calls when NE had the ball.
Your coach burned 3 TOs in the third quarter. That was terrible clock management.
The leverage call wasn’t called because it didn’t happen. You are saying it happened because your coach is a spaz. The referees were right there and didn’t see it. Just because McDermott said it happened didn’t mean it happened. The referees have called that when it in fact has happened. The Patriots lost a game in 2013 to Jets because the referees called that penalty.
Your coach wasn’t correct. The referees didn’t see it.

Jackson had 2 feet in on the Interception.
You don’t care that this shows it was good.

Both feet were in.

The refs were not why New England won.
Your QB was awful. There were missed calls when NE had the ball.
Your coach burned 3 TOs in the third quarter. That was terrible clock management.
The leverage call wasn’t called because it didn’t happen. You are saying it happened because your coach is a spaz. The referees were right there and didn’t see it. Just because McDermott said it happened didn’t mean it happened. The referees have called that when it in fact has happened. The Patriots lost a game in 2013 to Jets because the referees called that penalty.
Your coach wasn’t correct. The referees didn’t see it.

Jackson had 2 feet in on the Interception.
You don’t care that this shows it was good.

Both feet were in.

wrong again.

regarding the leverage, I'm trying to understand your point - are you saying that if the refs didn't call it, it didn't happen?

wrong again.

regarding the leverage, I'm trying to understand your point - are you saying that if the refs didn't call it, it didn't happen?
His feet were in. Look at the clip. The replay SHOWS both feet it and Fouts who hates the Patriots even commented both feet were in.

The leverage never happened. Their are 2 refs that watch that every snap.
McDermott was wrong. He can complain it doesn’t mean he is right about just because he yells.

And Zay Jones, who was OOB, was touching the ball before Jackson's 2nd foot was down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom