NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Yes exactly, what he said. I'm just glad the Patriots were forced to utilize this BS on a FG before Half-Time against the Bills, it's not a legal play. On the other hand, BB is so good he prob calculated they could "get away with it" then vs a late game kick.

(as if the officials would call that regardless against them... :)

No it was not. He may or may not be within "1-yard of the LOS" we can't tell, he's not on the line.

But his teammates clearly (both sides) held their OL so he could "leap" over them.

There are 2 officials watching this closely, no call.

Defensive Holding on the line is a call and it matters. BS

This one is iffy to me. The guy to Collins' right (from our perspective) doesn't appear to hold at all. The one on the left...maybe; I think you could argue that he was pushing the lineman down, which is legal.

I posted up thread about the Bills D and how impressed I was about the future for the Bills.

Not a single response, while Bills fans continue to argue about a missed FG in a game that was lost by 6.

Perfect reflection of the priorities of this franchise and its its fan base. #smh

I posted up thread about the Bills D and how impressed I was about the future for the Bills.

Not a single response, while Bills fans continue to argue about a missed FG in a game that was lost by 6.

Perfect reflection of the priorities of this franchise and its its fan base. #smh
Bills fans have a pre-2003 Red Sox mentality. I am not going to bother.
If they want to hate the Patriots feel free. Minds aren’t getting changed.

The freaking local Boston media spends every day talking about Brady and Belichick having battles with who is more important to the Patriots dynasty and how boring the games are.

Because we don’t need your compliments or your break down of our defense. We’ve had a dominant defense for 2 years.

Thanks for catching up.

Someone forward this response to this snowflake for me. Thanks in advance.

Bills fans have a pre-2003 Red Sox mentality. I am not going to bother.
If they want to hate the Patriots feel free. Minds aren’t getting changed.

The freaking local Boston media spends every day talking about Brady and Belichick having battles with who is more important to the Patriots dynasty and how boring the games are.

Im not talking about hate. They have every right to hate the Patriots. I'm just saying I want to talk about the defense and their performance and we have pages focused on a field goal. I feel like I am giving more credit to the Bills than their own fans.

To be fair, with that field goal the game obviously could have gone in a different direction (yeah yeah, you can say that about a lot of other plays too).

Point being, it was a close, hard fought game. It shouldn't be surprising that fans are upset about a couple of calls that went against them when the margin was as close as it was.

To be fair, with that field goal the game obviously could have gone in a different direction (yeah yeah, you can say that about a lot of other plays too).

Point being, it was a close, hard fought game. It shouldn't be surprising that fans are upset about a couple of calls that went against them when the margin was as close as it was.

But 2 pages have been about manufacturing a reason why it was an illegal play. First, he used leverage. Then, he ran up to the line, how someone else held someone down. The fact is that isnt changing right? Two days removed, its about the future, and with that defense, the future looks very good on that side of the ball.

How about the fact that the D held Brady to his worst passing game in a win EVER. That's like a span of 300 games and 19 seasons. That was incredible.

Im not talking about hate. They have every right to hate the Patriots. I'm just saying I want to talk about the defense and their performance and we have pages focused on a field goal. I feel like I am giving more credit to the Bills than their own fans.
Their defense has been solid the entire time under McDermott.
Plus remember as division rivals they know the Patriots personal and scheme better than most teams.
Division teams tailor their rosters to beat each other.
The Bills strength on defense comes from their LB and safeties.
That is how you slow down the Pats offense. The whole you gotta beat them the DL isn’t exactly true because Brady gets rid of the ball so fast.
You have to play man to man defense and mix up your looks so Brady can’t decide before the snap who the best option is.

Buffalo’s McDermott and Wade Philips with Denver/LA Rams get that.

But 2 pages have been about manufacturing a reason why it was an illegal play. First, he used leverage. Then, he ran up to the line, how someone else held someone down. The fact is that isnt changing right? Two days removed, its about the future, and with that defense, the future looks very good on that side of the ball.

How about the fact that the D held Brady to his worst passing game in a win EVER. That's like a span of 300 games and 19 seasons. That was incredible.
Melancer has been the fairest Bills fans thes last pages. He isn’t throwing conspiracies around, is being objective, and not trying to throw venom.

Basically when the Patriots play the Bills every call has to go the Patriots way is the correct mantra. When the beginning of the game their were misses from the refs towards the Patriots.
They complain about the missed face mask on Allen but ignore the one on James White. Every call always goes New England’s way because Bob Kraft has to have 3 home playoff games,

Their defense has been solid the entire time under McDermott.
Plus remember as division rivals they know the Patriots personal and scheme better than most teams.
Division teams tailor their rosters to beat each other.
The Bills strength on defense comes from their LB and safeties.
That is how you slow down the Pats offense. The whole you gotta beat them the DL isn’t exactly true because Brady gets rid of the ball so fast.
You have to play man to man defense and mix up your looks so Brady can’t decide before the snap who the best option is.

Buffalo’s McDermott and Wade Philips with Denver/LA Rams get that.

McDermott gets it re D. I think his issue is focus. he worries too much about ancillary things and i think the team feeds off of that in the wrong direction. Reminds me a bit of Rex Ryan although more sanitized.

Last edited:
Melancer has been the fairest Bills fans thes last pages. He isn’t throwing conspiracies around, is being objective, and not trying to throw venom.

Basically when the Patriots play the Bills every call has to go the Patriots way is the correct mantra. When the beginning of the game their were misses from the refs towards the Patriots.
They complain about the missed face mask on Allen but ignore the one on James White. Every call always goes New England’s way because Bob Kraft has to have 3 home playoff games,

I have nothing against ANY fan as long as they dont stoop to personal insults. Melancer seems like a cool guy. #respect

And honestly...Patriots fans generally hate the Bills. I dont. Because of the time I spent at Syracuse, Ive always respected the heck out of that fan base and that franchise. Far more so than the Dolphins and Jets.

You do see the difference in negligence between the two calls though right?

One on a QB’s drop back with a clear site line for the ref to see it and the other at the bottom of a pile.

I saw the facemask 38 rows up in section 131. Look at the stadium map - the play was right in front of me - I saw it immediately and I, along with multiple ppl in our section, called out “facemask!”

No flag.
There is a ref dedicated to watching the QB. Tell me, how does he miss it? It’s borderline impossible, wouldn’t you agree?

I have nothing against ANY fan as long as they dont stoop to personal insults. Melancer seems like a cool guy. #respect

And honestly...Patriots fans generally hate the Bills. I dont. Because of the time I spent at Syracuse, Ive always respected the heck out of that fan base and that franchise. Far more so than the Dolphins and Jets.
Patriots fans I know don't hate the Bills.
The biggest rivals for the Patriots fans IMO are the Jets, Dolphins first and second.
The Bills were the dominant team the 4 years from 1988-1992 that the Patriots were pathetic.

The 1985 Patriots team that got to the SB broke the old curse the Patriots had in winning in Miami. The Patriots always sucked playing in Miami their entire history.
The Jets rivalry has been along for a while as well. NY-Boston thing.

I don't think there is much hatred of the Bills within the fanbase. They dominated during Jim Kelly's prime but since Parcells the games were 50/50 during his time and since Belichick its been 32-5 for the Patriots.

I root against the Colts more than the Bills.

You do see the difference in negligence between the two calls though right?

One on a QB’s drop back with a clear site line for the ref to see it and the other at the bottom of a pile.

I saw the facemask 38 rows up in section 131. Look at the stadium map - the play was right in front of me - I saw it immediately and I, along with multiple ppl in our section, called out “facemask!”

No flag.
There is a ref dedicated to watching the QB. Tell me, how does he miss it? It’s borderline impossible, wouldn’t you agree?
The refs missed 2 obvious facemasks. On the 3rd and 1 your coach challenged the runner being short in the first half. White made the 15 yard line and had an OBVIOUS facemask missed. The refs are watching the ball carrier and White had his helmet yanked he still made the firsr down.
I would say as well they missed Allen's facemask yanked.
If you want consistency well then the refs did it there.

Is this a missed a PF facemask? McDermott challenged the spot on that which was a dumb challenge as well.

I agree it's over the top. Most fans lose their minds when it comes to the Patriots; maybe Bills fans the most of all considering how one-sided the matchup has been for so long now. This weekend was one of maybe 3 or 4 times in the past 20 years that you could make a legitimate case that Buffalo was the better team on Sunday, but a few egregious errors on their part and a few calls (that IMO were probably correct by the letter of the law but maybe shouldn't actually be called that way) swung the game to New England. I very rarely lose my mind about anything in life, but I can understand why Bills fans would be particularly frustrated by that game considering how much we've struggled in the past against New England and the fact that this one was right there for the taking. Add to that the fact that Bills fans (rightfully IMO) have their sights set on the playoffs this year...they need every win they can get to squeeze in and this one would have been huge in that regard.

I also think Bills fans aren't going on and on and on about the defensive performance because it was mostly expected. Brady has struggled against Buffalo ever since McDermott arrived and the Bills have a strong case for being considered the best defense in the league the past two seasons. And discussing the regression of Josh Allen or the egregious error on the punt team is depressing vs. expressing anger about the refs being somewhat therapeutic for some lol

Wow the skins and bengals may be worse than Miami

Uh, no. Yes, thank you the Bills have a good defense, out-gained the Patriots by over 100 yards as a result. Patriots needed a blocked punt to score the winning points (Bills' fault)...

So in a tight game, unfortunately yes, the NFL officials can effect the outcome.

And, if they call the Defensive Holding Penalty on the FG and the Bills make that before Half, and then they correctly rule on the "Interception" which led to a Patriots FG, and then the Bills can make a different decision on 4th & Goal and kick the chip-shot FG, in a vacuum the score is 16-13 Bills win.

Normally I'd say but we're not in a vacuum it's Brady...BUT, he did nothing all day...so, yes, the officials with these and numerous other calls definitely impacted the game. If a Bill clocked Brady he's probably ejected and then 15 more yards for Unsportsmanlike, they'd adapt the rules for a 30 yard penalty (yes, the officials have "created" new penalties against the Bills vs the Pats on Monday Night Football before).

The Patriots are so cocky regarding their NFL-given advantage they literally SET A PICK in the middle of the field on a 3rd down play like he was Karl Malone in the NBA

Wow the skins and bengals may be worse than Miami
Bengals are a schizo team. They played the Seahawks and Bills tough and just tanked last night.
They aren't Miami bad. Washington could be a win for Miami though that game will be in Miami and depends on the Washington QB. McCoy might be their best option at QB right now.

Orangeman the thing that I keep wrestling with, and as a Bills fan you may know better, is how good is that secondary? Reason I ask is, your front 7 is killer. Really good, and kept Brady off balance and rushing all game. Is the secondary also elite? I feel like I couldn’t really gauge them because Brady was forced to throw so quickly?

Bengals are a schizo team. They played the Seahawks and Bills tough and just tanked last night.
They aren't Miami bad. Washington could be a win for Miami though that game will be in Miami and depends on the Washington QB. McCoy might be their best option at QB right now.

They badly need a new QB. Dalton peaked at middling and has faded since

he still made the firsr down.
Looked short of the line to go to me. Spot was about a half a football past the line and he appeared to be about a football length short of that when his left knee went down.

Regardless of any of that - I’m pissed because the Patriots have done cheap-shot knock-out-blows to 2 of our biggest stars and best players in the last three years.

That helmet to helmet hit was 100% deliberate and every non-Bills fan that I have chatted about the game with was shocked that he did not get tossed. Throw the criminal act of Gronk on top of that and you’re going to get what’s happening in this thread.

Hopefully the Bills quit taking the high road and take things into their own hands in the 2nd meeting.

Orangeman the thing that I keep wrestling with, and as a Bills fan you may know better, is how good is that secondary? Reason I ask is, your front 7 is killer. Really good, and kept Brady off balance and rushing all game. Is the secondary also elite? I feel like I couldn’t really gauge them because Brady was forced to throw so quickly?

The secondary is better than the front 7. Best safety tandem in the NFL, one of the best corners, and Levi has been rated very good since he got his chance last season opposite Tre White.

The secondary is better than the front 7. Best safety tandem in the NFL, one of the best corners, and Levi has been rated very good since he got his chance last season opposite Tre White.

Yeah your D is fully loaded then. I could see a 2020 draft that is very heavily offense based. OL and WR I would imagine being key pushes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom