NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Yeah your D is fully loaded then. I could see a 2020 draft that is very heavily offense based. OL and WR I would imagine being key pushes.
White and Hyde were why the Patriots sucked within the 10 yard line. Brady couldn't determine presnap what the Bills were doing in the secondary. Hyde followed Brady's eyes to the INT in the endzone he locked onto Edelman.
The Bills under McDermott have had elite LB and secondary play against the Patriots.

That is how you slow them down. Really its only been the NYG front 4 that have beaten in the games.
Denver had Talib/Harris playing man to man and the Denver crowd noise forced the Patriots into 1 snap count that Von Miller picked up on and that team/spot other Miami is where the Pats have struggled recently offensively.

Yeah your D is fully loaded then. I could see a 2020 draft that is very heavily offense based. OL and WR I would imagine being key pushes.

Yeah, I think WR, OL, and DE will probably be focuses. I wouldn't be shocked by adding some depth at LB too. Milano and Edmunds are a really talented young duo, but Alexander is like 35 years old. WR is top priority to me; I like Brown and Beasley but we could really use a #1 WR.

I posted up thread about the Bills D and how impressed I was about the future for the Bills.

Not a single response, while Bills fans continue to argue about a missed FG in a game that was lost by 6.

Perfect reflection of the priorities of this franchise and its its fan base. #smh
yes, because what Bills fans say on a Syracuse Sports message board is in any way a reflection upon the priorities of the Bills franchise. You don't really believe that, do you?

FWIW, I think the FG was pretty big. Yes, the final deficit was 6, but maybe if Hauschka makes the FG at the end of the half, the Bills don't go for it on 4th and goal, and kick a chip shot to tie it up?

Orangeman the thing that I keep wrestling with, and as a Bills fan you may know better, is how good is that secondary? Reason I ask is, your front 7 is killer. Really good, and kept Brady off balance and rushing all game. Is the secondary also elite? I feel like I couldn’t really gauge them because Brady was forced to throw so quickly?

TBH, I think that the front 4 has been a disappointment this year. Lawson has been a nice surprise, as was Harrison Phillips (before he blew out his ACL), but Hughes and Star have been "meh", Ed Oliver is still raw, and Trent Murphy is, well...Trent Murphy. Do like the potential of Darryl Johnson, though.

EDIT: Jordan Phillips has been solid at DT. Forgot about him.

Safeties are really good, and Wallace has been a nice find. I love White, and what he brings, but he does lose focus at times.

TBH, I think that the front 4 has been a disappointment this year. Lawson has been a nice surprise, as was Harrison Phillips (before he blew out his ACL), but Hughes and Star have been "meh", Ed Oliver is still raw, and Trent Murphy is, well...Trent Murphy. Do like the potential of Darryl Johnson, though.

EDIT: Jordan Phillips has been solid at DT. Forgot about him.

Safeties are really good, and Wallace has been a nice find. I love White, and what he brings, but he does lose focus at times.

I’m a big fan of Oliver. And yeah, Philips is a good player too.

Fascinating that you consider the front 4 disappointing. I am curious if it is a reflection of our OL as much as anything. Either way your front 7 looked really good on this day at least.

Tanking works in MLB, NBA, NFL.
Hockey not so much.

If you commit to a tank and nail the picks you will become solid.
IMO, baseball is too hard to tank, b/c development takes so long. I understand the Astros, and as an O's fan, I hope history repeats, but it's tough.

IMO, baseball is too hard to tank, b/c development takes so long. I understand the Astros, and as an O's fan, I hope history repeats, but it's tough.
Cubs did it as well. Theo's first 2 years with the Cubs he traded away anything of value and stripped it down. They took advantage of your Birds for Jake Arrieta and drafted Kris Bryant, and Kyle Schrawber at the top of MLB drafts.

Before I engage in chess, while the rest of my fantasy league continues playing checkers, is there any credence to the rumor that Diggs will be dealt to NE? To your knowledge Alsacs

Before I engage in chess, while the rest of my fantasy league continues playing checkers, is there any credence to the rumor that Diggs will be dealt to NE? To your knowledge Alsacs
Heavy speculation in NE twitter world that one of Diggs or Sanders will end in NE by the trade deadline.

My guess is Sanders as he is a FA and Denver will want a pick for him. Diggs is probably a little to rich now as he would cost probably a 2nd round pick. If the Pats got Diggs 16-0 would be back in play. Sanders is what they need an above average body who isn't a 1 WR but good.

Orangeman the thing that I keep wrestling with, and as a Bills fan you may know better, is how good is that secondary? Reason I ask is, your front 7 is killer. Really good, and kept Brady off balance and rushing all game. Is the secondary also elite? I feel like I couldn’t really gauge them because Brady was forced to throw so quickly?

Secondary is much better than the D Line...LBs are possibly very sneaky good...very young, but very athletic...if the GAME is clicking for them the LBs could very well be the strength of the team, hard to tell (they're making plays).

The D Line is the weakest unit and then starting tackle lost for season

The secondary is very good and they play up/agressive against Brady

The problem for Bills secondary is DPI penalties at the wrong time

Heavy speculation in NE twitter world that one of Diggs or Sanders will end in NE by the trade deadline.

My guess is Sanders as he is a FA and Denver will want a pick for him. Diggs is probably a little to rich now as he would cost probably a 2nd round pick. If the Pats got Diggs 16-0 would be back in play. Sanders is what they need an above average body who isn't a 1 WR but good.
Im going to pull the trigger, Diggs to me makes more sense despite the price

Im going to pull the trigger, Diggs to me makes more sense despite the price

I have a hard time seeing him getting traded personally. I get the speculation, but I think Minnesota would likely demand that whoever acquires him give up at least a 2nd round pick while also agreeing to pay some of the dead cap that would otherwise be coming Minnesota's way. Trading him now = $3 million dead cap this year and over $9 million next year.

I think it's more likely that we just see Minnesota start passing it more to appease the star WRs that they recently signed.

I have a hard time seeing him getting traded personally. I get the speculation, but I think Minnesota would likely demand that whoever acquires him give up at least a 2nd round pick while also agreeing to pay some of the dead cap that would otherwise be coming Minnesota's way. Trading him now = $3 million dead cap this year and over $9 million next year.

I think it's more likely that we just see Minnesota start passing it more to appease the star WRs that they recently signed.
Win win then as diggs stock is pretty low at the moment

Cubs did it as well. Theo's first 2 years with the Cubs he traded away anything of value and stripped it down. They took advantage of your Birds for Jake Arrieta and drafted Kris Bryant, and Kyle Schrawber at the top of MLB drafts.

The Cubs rebuilt under a new regime, what they did doesn't resemble tanking whatsoever. The Astros situation is the only one that comes close to tanking and the majority of their most important players were in place before their regime change as well. Didn't see Brady Aiken doing much during their WS.

The Patriots are cap magicians, but I cannot figure out a way to make it work. I dont like the move. If they can create cap room anywhere would much rather they work to upgrade the OL. Cameron Meredith and NKeal Harry are, IMO, more than enough to supplement the receiving corps

Secondary is much better than the D Line...LBs are possibly very sneaky good...very young, but very athletic...if the GAME is clicking for them the LBs could very well be the strength of the team, hard to tell (they're making plays).

The D Line is the weakest unit and then starting tackle lost for season

The secondary is very good and they play up/agressive against Brady

The problem for Bills secondary is DPI penalties at the wrong time

It really goes to show you that one game can be deceiving as it seemed your DL was having its way last week. Possible that smart LB play was confusing the OL and opening up holes for them

The Cubs rebuilt under a new regime, what they did doesn't resemble tanking whatsoever. The Astros situation is the only one that comes close to tanking and the majority of their most important players were in place before their regime change as well. Didn't see Brady Aiken doing much during their WS.
Not signing Brady Aiken allowed the Astros to Alex Bregman the following year.
Bregman has been the best all-around player this year.

The Cubs tanked Theo admitted it. He saw the team declining and had a plan to be bad rather than mediocre.
They got Bryant, Schwarber in consecutive drafts and built up their system to make trades.

The Patriots are cap magicians, but I cannot figure out a way to make it work. I dont like the move. If they can create cap room anywhere would much rather they work to upgrade the OL. Cameron Meredith and NKeal Harry are, IMO, more than enough to supplement the receiving corps
Extend McCourty and KVN and the team can get about 10 million in cap space.

Completely agree. The common NFL fan is generally a moron when it comes to league finances. Diggs is in year 1 of his extension with huge dead money. The Pats have like $1.5m under the cap or something in that realm. Living in fantasy football or Madden with the cap turned off to think that is even remotely possible.
Sanders obviously makes sense if the Broncos can get more than the 2021 Comp 4th they would probably be looking at. Not going anywhere and Sutton looks like the future at the position. Only reason not to would be to have him as a safety blanket for when it's Locks turn to take over a 2-8 team.

Extend McCourty and KVN and the team can get about 10 million in cap space.

True, but Im not sure KVN wont want to test FA...

And I maintain that Id rather use that money, IF it can be created, to get OL help and then wait on the additions of Watson, Meredith, and Harry...

Not signing Brady Aiken allowed the Astros to Alex Bregman the following year.
Bregman has been the best all-around player this year.

The Cubs tanked Theo admitted it. He saw the team declining and had a plan to be bad rather than mediocre.
They got Bryant, Schwarber in consecutive drafts and built up their system to make trades.

That was standard regime change stuff and idiots using buzzwords. The Astros are the only ones arguable and even for them, the majority of the roster that contributed to the WS were already in the system before the new regime took over.

It really goes to show you that one game can be deceiving as it seemed your DL was having its way last week. Possible that smart LB play was confusing the OL and opening up holes for them

D Line impact was muted because Brady would just angle the ball into the ground whenever anyone got near him. Without the blocked punt it would have worked for the Bills side. (and a few other things)

There should be a rule that if the receiver (WR, RB, TE, whatever) isn't even looking for the ball you can't just hurl it uncatchably at their feet (or in some cases 10 yards from their feet).

D Line impact was muted because Brady would just angle the ball into the ground whenever anyone got near him. Without the blocked punt it would have worked for the Bills side. (and a few other things)

There should be a rule that if the receiver (WR, RB, TE, whatever) isn't even looking for the ball you can't just hurl it uncatchably at their feet (or in some cases 10 yards from their feet).

The grounding rules make no sense. I also dont like that the 'pocket" is a delineator. Its grounding or its not

Completely agree. The common NFL fan is generally a moron when it comes to league finances. Diggs is in year 1 of his extension with huge dead money. The Pats have like $1.5m under the cap or something in that realm. Living in fantasy football or Madden with the cap turned off to think that is even remotely possible.
Sanders obviously makes sense if the Broncos can get more than the 2021 Comp 4th they would probably be looking at. Not going anywhere and Sutton looks like the future at the position. Only reason not to would be to have him as a safety blanket for when it's Locks turn to take over a 2-8 team.

Owners have created an incredible system of salary suppression where not only is there a cap , it’s got fringe benefits of dead money where players salaries can actually count more against the cap than they’re actually paid .. thus “forcing” teams to reduce additional salary offers

He's always done this and it's brilliant if you ask me. It's why he has one of the lowest turnover rates in NFL history avoiding both the fumble and interception. If other QB's were as smart they would do the same under pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom