Peter Carey transferring to Siena | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Peter Carey transferring to Siena

Brought my buddy to the game in Pittsburgh, he’s more casual than us diehards, while inebriated Peter Carey came in and I hear “who the F is that guy and what’s wrong with him?”

That will be the memory I have of Peter in Orange.

Brought my buddy to the game in Pittsburgh, he’s more casual than us diehards, while inebriated Peter Carey came in and I hear “who the F is that guy and what’s wrong with him?”

That will be the memory I have of Peter in Orange.
Was that before or after his concussion?
Asking for a friend.

Please, no more projects and no more bigs under 240 lbs.
I think, I really do think, that red really gets what is needed personnel wise at center. I think that’s a difference between Jimmy b and red, Jimmy b was too optimistic I think on our big projects. It’s almost impressive how poorly a school like cuse has been at grabbing an ACC sized center who can actually play ball.

I see lots of posters just can't quit stanning Peter Carey.

filipowski.jpg

He’ll be successful at a lower level of competition (MAAC or Patriot league seems right). He also needs to stay healthy. His progress has been stunted because of injuries.

I think, I really do think, that red really gets what is needed personnel wise at center. I think that’s a difference between Jimmy b and red, Jimmy b was too optimistic I think on our big projects. It’s almost impressive how poorly a school like cuse has been at grabbing an ACC sized center who can actually play ball.

I agree.
We won't be in the tournament until we have some bigs who don't constantly get shoved out of the paint on both ends.
I think Red will pull through.

do you like their "Africa" version? it brought the Toto song back to the forefront, both versions became popular with millenials.
Weezer's remake is the exact same song. I don't understand what is the point. If you do a remake, you should put your 'personal' stamp on it and give it a new sound.

I like Toto. 'Rosanna' is my favorite song but 'Africa' is good, too. I'm glad Toto got paid. It just doesn't make sense to remake a song and try to make it sound exactly the same as the original.

My deepest apologies to Peter Carey.

Couple of years? He will be a graduate we dont have 4-5 years to wait and hope. He seems like a lower level kid,

Couple of years? He will be a graduate we dont have 4-5 years to wait and hope. He seems like a lower level kid,
I think we agree. He will develop elsewhere.

Weezer's remake is the exact same song. I don't understand what is the point. If you do a remake, you should put your 'personal' stamp on it and give it a new sound.

I like Toto. 'Rosanna' is my favorite song but 'Africa' is good, too. I'm glad Toto got paid. It just doesn't make sense to remake a song and try to make it sound exactly the same as the original.

My deepest apologies to Peter Carey.
Weezer is, was, and always will be a sorry excuse for a band.

Best of luck to Carey. Maybe he was gonna transfer either way, but I'm glad Red has prioritized rebuilding our frontcourt.

He’s a guy I will follow at his next stop. I continue to think he can play at this level - he just needs a couple of more years of development. We shall see. Good luck Peter.

I agree

I've been a Carey proponent, due to his elite athleticism. Figured it would take time for him to be able to show what he could do, given that his playing time was limited even his last two years of high school.

That said, I was very disappointed with his season this past year. I don't fault him for the injuries / concussion -- that's out of his control. But when he DID play, he failed to register much of an impact. And this was on a team that was desperate for depth / contributions from a reserve big.

He is such as stud athlete, despite being skinny I'm really surprised that he couldn't make a mark as a shot blocker, etc. But he seemed to struggle in all phases.

Given the above, I think it is a good decision to move on. I could see him carving out a bigger role and being a big contributor elsewhere, but probably for the best.

I know I'm on an island here but I would have liked to see him stay one more year. He can dunk and is athletic, which is more than we can say for some of the bigs who have been here. He had a high motor and appeared to be a good, engaged teammate on the bench, which as we learned last season is not to be underestimated. As we all know he hasn't played much due to injury, so he is just scratching the surface of his potential. I think he would grow out of the needless fouls.

It likely won't have a negative impact on the program. But Carey is the kind of kid who pre portal we likely would have seen improve and work and grow into a more athletic Craig Forth type, which is more than useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom