Peter Carey transferring to Siena | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Peter Carey transferring to Siena

He’s a guy I will follow at his next stop. I continue to think he can play at this level - he just needs a couple of more years of development. We shall see. Good luck Peter.
What has he done to show he can play at this level? He went through two years here and has shown less than nothing. Guess I just don’t get it.

What has he done to show he can play at this level? He went through two years here and has shown less than nothing. Guess I just don’t get it.
Literally nothing. People are well-intentioned and are trying to be nice, but Peter Carey is just not a high D1 college basketball player on Planet Earth. The game is way too fast for him in the ACC.

I don't even think he's cut out for Siena, that feels like more of a Justin Taylor level. He's 100x the intramural play-while-hungover college athlete I was, but it's just reality.

We also need players our starters can practice against, unlike the walking wounded we had for centers most of this year.

do you like their "Africa" version? it brought the Toto song back to the forefront, both versions became popular with millenials.
Recently back from a Toto concert. Africa is their closing act.

Not sure there is such a thing as less than nothing. He seems quick and he runs well, and he showed the ability to make some limited offensive moves in the post. He is not a fit right now for the Orange - that much seems clear. I have always been a fan of late bloomers of which he seems one, so I will see how he does moving forward.

Anything is possible. Maybe Peter has a Bobby Lazor type situation and flourishes somewhere else. But after 10 years of mediocrity and 3 years of not making the tournament, we can't take the risk.
For sure. I think the basketball skill is there, but it’s not useful at this level if you’re weaker than every big we play. I think he would be a very good player at this level, if he bulked up. That we have seen very little visible progress since he arrived. Whether it’s something with his genes that is preventing him from getting results or he’s just not putting in the work in the gym and his eating. If it’s not the genes and it’s the effort that he’ll put in at his next place to bulk up, I do think he will be a power 5 contributor for us or someone else in a few years.

Last edited:
For sure. I think the basketball skill is there, but it’s not useful at this level if you’re weaker than every big we play. I think he would be a very good player at this level, if he bulked up. That we have seen very little visible progress since he arrived. Whether it’s something with his genes that is preventing him from getting results or he’s just not putting in the work in the gym and his eating. Either way, if it’s not the genes and it’s the effort that he’ll put in at his next place to bulk up, I do think he will be a power 5 contributor for us or someone else in a few years.
I think we are a better program than to have a power 5 contributor after 4/5 years. We should be getting guys who project to the NBA or close each year playing in at least 4 positions with backups or transfers taking their place each year. Maybe it’s been bad luck or bad recruiting the last three years. Worst case we should be a tourney team each year with a chance to make a run. We should not be out recruited by the Big East teams and should be on par with UCONN, IMO. Maybe the expectation is too high but we are a blue blood program and lead the country in attendence.

I think we are a better program than to have a power 5 contributor after 4/5 years. We should be getting guys who project to the NBA or close each year playing in at least 4 positions with backups or transfers taking their place each year. Maybe it’s been bad luck or bad recruiting the last three years. Worst case we should be a tourney team each year with a chance to make a run. We should not be out recruited by the Big East teams and should be on par with UCONN, IMO. Maybe the expectation is too high but we are a blue blood program and lead the country in attendence.
Honestly have no idea why anyone would consider the Cuse a blue blood. That’s not rational thinking. We’re the program people think of when talking about the bubble. That’s not blue blood territory. It’s just not.

Honestly have no idea why anyone would consider the Cuse a blue blood. That’s not rational thinking. We’re the program people think of when talking about the bubble. That’s not blue blood territory. It’s just not.
It used to be.

eh depends on who you ask

The portal guys are in the portal. G-Mac is at Siena.

The floor is all yours, Judah Mintz. Make your announcement and build that brand. Trolling our fan base won’t get you paid.

Maybe. But it’s been a couple decades at best.

One championship! How many other blue bloods only have one?
We were never considered a blue blood, but your post said nowhere near blue blood territory. I would argue we were always in the "just below Blue Blood" category until the last ten years or so.

We were never considered a blue blood, but your post said nowhere near blue blood territory. I would argue we were always in the "just below Blue Blood" category until the last ten years or so.
Those considered blue blood programs have changed and are still changing, only about 4 or 5 are still consistent blue bloods.

Honestly have no idea why anyone would consider the Cuse a blue blood. That’s not rational thinking. We’re the program people think of when talking about the bubble. That’s not blue blood territory. I
Are Michigan and UCLA Blue Bloods? Is Louisville was UCONN the last 20 years? We lead the country in attendence and NBA greats and elite record?

Some posters think because we are SU and recruit somebody, that player is automatically destined to be a good player. They don't realize our recruiting has visibly declined where our prospects have the body of 15 year old JV players. It's orange colored glasses.
Season on the line at Clemson and Red never inserted him or Hima, we still had too many guys that werent Power 5 level.

It really depends on your definition. On most lists of all-time best college programs, we're usually like #9 or #10 which is fair. We're not Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA (or UConn if they win another one), we're on the next tier with like Louisville and Arizona. We're a Torquise Blood.

It really depends on your definition. On most lists of all-time best college programs, we're usually like #9 or #10 which is fair. We're not Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA (or UConn if they win another one), we're on the next tier with like Louisville and Arizona. We're a Torquise Blood.
UCLA isn’t UCLA, Kentucky hasn’t been Kentucky, same with Louisville, Nova, Arizona, us etc. The list of consistent blue bloods right now is getting smaller and changing.

I meant now.

I am also in the camp that I think he would have kept developing, and would have liked to see him stay. Good luck Peter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom