Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

For this kid to be this talented (albeit short for the zone) and for us to not even reach out, says a lot IMO. We reached out to Ashton-Langford after this release. There must be some major red flags with this kid for us not to even get involved.

Doesn't it make you question why a top 50 kid can't anyone to talk to him except UConn, GTown and Western Kentucky? Especially for a kid who's been so vocal about other schools. Red Flag city

Nah, lets not get into all that. Just burn down the staff for being idiots. I heard they are making a movie about our coaching staff, funded by the fan base. Working title is Crazy/Stupid/Lazy.

Waters still hasn't announced anything right? I was thinking he would already. Is it possible he is in a holding pattern? Just haven't heard anything. I kind of expected him to recommit to G-Town by now.

Waters still hasn't announced anything right? I was thinking he would already. Is it possible he is in a holding pattern? Just haven't heard anything. I kind of expected him to recommit to G-Town by now.
GTown or WKU unless Duke, KU or IU comes out of left field.

Maybe losing Ayala this class I ncreases our interest in Waters?

How in the world is Wku all of the sudden landing top recruits?

They got one big one, the rest follow. I read the coach was close with the main guy they signed.

How in the world is Wku all of the sudden landing top recruits?

Months ago I was watching some ESPNU segment (I think during the Hoophall Classic) and a group panel was discussing the "best current head coach recruiters." I remember Jeff Goodman surprisingly going with WKU HC Rick Stansbury. Some of the other recruiting guys there seemed surprised but Goodman said something to the effect of "one coach told me 'when I hear Stansbury is involved with a recruit, I just move on'"

I don't think Stansbury has a very "clean" reputation, but in a results oriented business, he's getting the job done in recruiting.

(btw, they also discussed the "best asst. recruiters" and another ESPN recruiting analyst went with Hopkins)

Is he still 5-11?

I believe so.

How tall was Gillon, 5'10? He wasn't the six foot he was listed.

Wouldn't Waters be better than Frank or Washington?

Don't we have 3 open scholarships?

Isn't he ranked 32nd in the 2017 class?

I know Waters has red flags. I'm leery too, but the guy fills a need.

It really doesn't matter how many times we say it...

I agree with you, we aren't getting him. But when you have 3 open scholarships, FH and HW as your PG, and the #32 rated prospect in the class is available we SHOULD be looking at him. Red flags or not. He's better than both Frank and HW.

We. Are. Not. Getting. Tremont. Waters.
I agree. I was thinking he would sign quicker than this though. That was the only point I was making. I got the sense the way G-Town talked they wanted him back and he was going to see if something was better out there and if not come back.

I agree with you, we aren't getting him. But when you have 3 open scholarships, FH and HW as your PG, and the #32 rated prospect in the class is available we SHOULD be looking at him. Red flags or not. He's better than both Frank and HW.
No disagreement there.

I believe so.

How tall was Gillon, 5'10? He wasn't the six foot he was listed.

Wouldn't Waters be better than Frank or Washington?

Don't we have 3 open scholarships?

Isn't he ranked 32nd in the 2017 class?

I know Waters has red flags. I'm leery too, but the guy fills a need.
Yeah, Gillon wasn't tall enough to be an ideal fit, but it was just one year.

Better how? Offensively, I'm sure he's better than Washington. Can't make a determination on Howard, though, not when Waters has yet to play a minute of college ball. And I don't think he's better defensively than either Howard or Washington.

Waters doesn't really fit a need. Whether you like it or not, we have a starting PG in Howard. Washington is a program/depth guy who could be starting as early his junior year. Ayala is different because he can play the Dion Waiters role. If Ayala doesn't reclassify, it makes more sense to bring in a grad transfer for one year than to give multiple years to a guy who doesn't fit our system. And whether you like it or not, the system isn't changing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom