Position changes for the Fall... | Syracusefan.com

Position changes for the Fall...

Cuse'91

All American
For me, move AB to TE and get him in on 2 TE formations with Sugar Bear...

Beckett Wales might have something to say about that. After all, he's the only one with any game experience at the position, and is the second leading returning receiver.

For me, move AB to TE and get him in on 2 TE formations with Sugar Bear...
Not happening.

Broyld will be used at every skill position but TE.

Not happening.

Broyld will be used at every skill position but TE.

As long as our skill guys pan out, I still predict he ends up on the defensive side of the ball before he is done ala Hogue. Would have to be his last 2 years.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Would prefer to see Broyld moved to weakside DE. To summarize from what I've heard on the board he has difficulty catching the ball and trouble with the playbook. Weakside DE solves these problems. Ashton, you used to be a QB. Here is the other teams QB. Make his life miserable.

Line him up as a slot receiver or in a 2-man backfield and throw short to him in open spaces. I have a feeling the new staff makes better use of his abilities than the previous staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would prefer to see Broyld moved to weakside DE. To summarize from what I've heard on the board he has difficulty catching the ball and trouble with the playbook. Weakside DE solves these problems. Ashton, you used to be a QB. Here is the other teams QB. Make his life miserable.

This is exactly where I have wanted to see him moved. I don't see anywhere on offense he really fits in well that doesn't seem forced. Why not use his speed and athleticism in a position of need ?

Any news about a player switching to WR?
I'm seriously worried about wideout... Jerrod West and Chris Clark are our starters?
I really hope some deep strike capabilities show up, or all this running game/short passing game optimism is a moot point...
Hopefully West and Kobena can stretch the field and keep defenses honest...
Isn't Kinder blazing fast?

Any news about a player switching to WR?
I'm seriously worried about wideout... Jerrod West and Chris Clark are our starters?
I really hope some deep strike capabilities show up, or all this running game/short passing game optimism is a moot point...
Hopefully West and Kobena can stretch the field and keep defenses honest...
Isn't Kinder blazing fast?
No. He is not blazing fast.

As long as our skill guys pan out, I still predict he ends up on the defensive side of the ball before he is done ala Hogue. Would have to be his last 2 years.

He will transfer before he moves to defense.

I'm in panic mode @ WR... True freshman? One of the Coreys?

He will transfer before he moves to defense.

His mistake. He was advised in HS if he wants to play at the next level it would probably have to be on defense.

I'm in panic mode @ WR... True freshman? One of the Coreys?
No?
1s are West, Flemming, Clark.
2s are Funderburk, Cornelius, Kobena.
Lewis looked good before he was injured. We're fine here.

I will be keeping an eye on Cornelius - I have a feeling he is going to be something special in time.

I do not think that AB will be switched to D as i know that they have big plans for him in place on O. He was by all accounts having an outstanding spring prior to the sprain. Also AB doesnt have the mentality to play D so i highly doubt that he ever moves. One player who i think might have a chance at moving would be Washington to DE.

"Position changes for the Fall"

Reverse cowgirl.

Line him up as a slot receiver or in a 2-man backfield and throw short to him in open spaces. I have a feeling the new staff makes better use of his abilities than the previous staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what they need to do with broyld, and kobena - just get them the ball in open space

Broyld will get a look at WR, its the weakest offensive skill position by far right now and the biggest concern going into next season. Theres a big time depth issue amongst other things.

No?
1s are West, Flemming, Clark.
2s are Funderburk, Cornelius, Kobena.
Lewis looked good before he was injured. We're fine here.
I've never been enamored with West as others have been, but he'll be decently productive and probably improve on last year's numbers, which were very good for a third wideout.

Flemming's never done anything. I don't want that to be taken as a harsh critique, but the primary thing you put a receiver on the field for, catching passes, he's never done.

If Clark modestly improves on what he did last year I'll be ecstatic.

Funderburke was everyone's darling, but who knows what he'll provide. I think he'll play, I don't think he'll be the immediate star some were hoping for.

Cornelius I think is a guy to get excited about.

At the end of the season I predicted Kobena would be our breakout WR on offense this next season. I think he's been a little bit underused in the passing game.

Lewis might be interesting.

I also suspect the TEs and MacFarlane will get a good number of catches.

I would have to think Kinder moves somewhere. its not happening at QB and come the fall we will have 6 QBS. Now where exactly he moves, beats me. Safety?

...West .. he'll be decently productive and probably improve on last year's numbers...

Flemming's never done anything...

If Clark modestly improves on what he did last year I'll be ecstatic.

Funderburke ...don't think he'll be the immediate star some were hoping for.

Cornelius I think is a guy to get excited about.
I also suspect the TEs and MacFarlane will get a good number of catches.

I agree with most of that. Apart from West, we have WR by committee, rather than one or two who will star. Clark is very underrated, and will be just fine -- but he is Van Chew minus 10 lbs, and that means you need others ready to step in.

The solution is your last line -- especially if Thompson is healthy; and add Broyld as another receiver out of the backfield. No chance that Broyld gets switched to defense. One of the better offensive talents on the team, and the coaches will find ways to use him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom