Premier League | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Premier League

What a JOY it is to watch a Liverpool team with depth. In previous years they never could have played a game on Thursday and then come out and beat a team like City on Sunday.

It's going to be a fantasitic end to the season.

What a JOY it is to watch a Liverpool team with depth. In previous years they never could have played a game on Thursday and then come out and beat a team like City on Sunday.

The pace and Intensity the entire game was impressive. Felt like city were waiting for us to run out of gas and it never happened. 2 great strikes, Coutinho is becoming the complete package with these finishes and where did Hendo find that strike?!

This next month will be very interesting.

My controversial opinion, based on the fact that everybody spent the first half of the season calling Liverpool's transfers disastors, but I think they are better off long term with the guys they have than now then they would have been with Suarez.

Nothing about last year felt sustainable. From the inadequate bench to the bottom of the league defense, to needing to score more goals than any team ever had to keep winning.

Last season sure was fun, but the team they have now can be built into one of the best on Europe, and it took huge changes paid for by the money Suarez brought them to make it happen.

Thoroughly deserved result. With the teams in third and fourth perhaps shaky, and with Liverpool perhaps starting to peak at the right time, this is gonna be a great run-in.

jordan-henderson-goal-liverpool-manchester-city.gif

Nothing too exciting in the last 48 hours other than the Villa ending. On to the next set of games. This is going to be such a good run-in.

Nothing too exciting in the last 48 hours other than the Villa ending. On to the next set of games. This is going to be such a good run-in.

I was a few minures and a Krul blunder away from being joint 4th on the table. Very close to a wild day but end game chalk all held serve.

I was a few minures and a Krul blunder away from being joint 4th on the table. Very close to a wild day but end game chalk all held serve.

I'll blame his defenders. Clear the ball, you muppets! Harsh for Krul, who may have deserved MOTM to that point.

I mean... the defenders didnt do brilliantly but Krul couldve booted it down field and instead passed to an opposing playing inside his own box.

Valid point, should not have put the ball across the box.

That's the type of stuff Mignolet was doing at the beginning of the season. His big improvement has been due to not overthinking things now and just getting the ball as far away from his box as quickly as possible. Krul has been known to have momentary losses of sanity on the pitch in the past as well though.

Burnley beating City at turf moor for the first time since 1974. Games like this are why the prem is the best league.

Second place now firmly up for grabs. City better find some form or they might end up falling from CL qualification. They have ton of talent at striker and on the wings but their midfield looks pedestrian and their back 4 look old and brittle.

Soton giving Chelsea a game at the bridge. 1-1 at half but saints have looked the better side.

Massive match between spurs and united at 12:30 as well.

Football is such a crazy game. United's recent form, even earning results, never suggested that they would have the match they did today. A huge game next Saturday vs. Liverpool. I'll also be looking forward to watching 'Pool vs. Swans tomorrow.

This run for top-4 is so fun...

Soton giving Chelsea a game at the bridge. 1-1 at half but saints have looked the better side.

Massive match between spurs and united at 12:30 as well.

Chelsea look tired at the back. Ivan, Cahill and JT were dragging. Soton opened them up on the wings and I'm guessing CFC will spend big on D in the offseason with Cahill moving on. Big question about whether to give Ivan a new deal. He scores big goals and would probably be captain if JT were not around. Hope he returns.

Still, point gained on second place. Arsenal is now only 7 back with CFC having a game in hand. They may end up being the real competition for the title. CFC has to go to Emirates.

Chelsea look tired at the back. Ivan, Cahill and JT were dragging. Soton opened them up on the wings and I'm guessing CFC will spend big on D in the offseason with Cahill moving on. Big question about whether to give Ivan a new deal. He scores big goals and would probably be captain if JT were not around. Hope he returns.

Still, point gained on second place. Arsenal is now only 7 back with CFC having a game in hand. They may end up being the real competition for the title. CFC has to go to Emirates.

Ivanovic will get a long-term deal, if Mourinho has his way. I agree that the entire backline looks tired. I don't think Cahill will be moving, though - they just gave him a five year deal. More likely is that he moves into the backup role with Zouma partnering Terry next year, and then hopefully Rafael Varane taking over the following year.

You could tell that Mourinho told Ivanovice to stay at home in the second half. He was leaving them wide open with his runs and Cahill was stuck with too much space to cover on the flank.

I think in the summer, Chelsea purchases four to five players:

1. New Center Back- Or give Kenneth Omeruo (Nigerian International) his shot.

2. New Right Back - Someone with pace.

3. Another play-maker in the center of the park - they are talking about Douglas Costa, who is a fine player, but I'm not sure he's a pure number 10. He seems quite similar to what they already have in Juan Cuadrado and Willian. (Oscar is on thin ice and might be dealt this summer, IMO.)

4. Another striker up front. Mattia Destro, Paulo Dybala, Roberto Firmino and others are on the radar. Some have talked about changing the attacking formation at times to give Diego a partner up front.

5. Back-up goal keeper to replace Cech, who will be allowed to leave this summer. They will let him move to Arsenal for 20M pounds (!!). I think it's more likely that he moves to Italy or Spain for 10-15M.

if Paul Pogba can be bought, get him. Figure out the money later.

Football is such a crazy game. United's recent form, even earning results, never suggested that they would have the match they did today. A huge game next Saturday vs. Liverpool. I'll also be looking forward to watching 'Pool vs. Swans tomorrow.

This run for top-4 is so fun...

We're at the point (for me, anyway) where we are counting down games. How many points do we need?

The next 3 matches - at Hull, home to Stoke, at QPR - need to yield the full 9 points, just to get some momentum going. Far too many draws lately.

If they can do that, then it's home v. United and away at Arsenal. Two tough ones.

After that, they close with 3 out of 5 at home, mostly against mid-table teams or lower. Only home to Liverpool looks tough in that stretch.

Having no other competitions ought to help with fatigue and fitness, and maybe that flowing offense will come back with some regular practice and fewer matches.

Ivanovic will get a long-term deal, if Mourinho has his way. I agree that the entire backline looks tired. I don't think Cahill will be moving, though - they just gave him a five year deal. More likely is that he moves into the backup role with Zouma partnering Terry next year, and then hopefully Rafael Varane taking over the following year.

You could tell that Mourinho told Ivanovice to stay at home in the second half. He was leaving them wide open with his runs and Cahill was stuck with too much space to cover on the flank.

I think in the summer, Chelsea purchases four to five players:

1. New Center Back- Or give Kenneth Omeruo (Nigerian International) his shot.

2. New Right Back - Someone with pace.

3. Another play-maker in the center of the park - they are talking about Douglas Costa, who is a fine player, but I'm not sure he's a pure number 10. He seems quite similar to what they already have in Juan Cuadrado and Willian. (Oscar is on thin ice and might be dealt this summer, IMO.)

4. Another striker up front. Mattia Destro, Paulo Dybala, Roberto Firmino and others are on the radar. Some have talked about changing the attacking formation at times to give Diego a partner up front.

5. Back-up goal keeper to replace Cech, who will be allowed to leave this summer. They will let him move to Arsenal for 20M pounds (!!). I think it's more likely that he moves to Italy or Spain for 10-15M.

if Paul Pogba can be bought, get him. Figure out the money later.

Mourinho has been talking up Loftus-Cheek, as if we should expect him to get a lot of first-team run next year. Some homegrown guys coming through would be nice...

Swansea are a tough bunch. Liverpool having trouble breaking them down.

Swans were the better side before half. Beat us to every 50:50 ball and they had us well scouted. Those short touch passes were being intercepted like crazy.

Second half we came into the game but it was still nervy. Had much more of the possession and Swans ran out of gas late. The Hendo goal was a fluke deflection but I'll take it. Shame Sturridge his the post late because that goal would've been comedy and the keeper was nowhere near it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom