Taj gave the bird to the camera | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Taj gave the bird to the camera

I'm as player friendly as they come. I love guys like Devo, etc. Can't think of a football player with that type of attitude off the top of my head, but we all know that receivers are usually the divas of the team, or however you wanna put it. Which is fine by me. I'll take a cocky, arrogant, confident, loud-mouthed star over a timid, and/or lazy one all day. Though, I'd prefer someone like Queeley, who deserves more, but that's another story.

The thing is, Taj isn't nearly as good as he thinks, and nowhere near a star. Plus, he's as lazy as they come from what I can see on the field. There's no place for a player like that on any team, let alone one trying to build the foundation for a fast, high powered offense. Which of course relies heavily on wide outs making plays, so recruiting is paramount at the position, and he's not helping at all in that department.

He is pretty good with the ball in his hands, but getting it in his hands is a whole different story. And not because of the QB play. The kid never seems to take accountability for his actions, so at the very least, he needs to be planted firmly on the bench, in my opinion. Until he displays that he can act somewhat like an adult, and show an iota of respect for the team over just himself.

But, I'd honestly rather he be shown the door, and that's rare from me, as I know how immature I was at that age. Hell, still am, but you don't show up your own team, just because you can't show up the guys you're actually upset with, the defenders, and yourself. If not now, then after the season is fine by me, unless he makes some changes. I think that will be his decision regardless anyway, since he probably believes he belongs in the league already.

I'm not saying that he's a terrible person, with no redeemable qualities, and just a lost cause. But, he is a Junior, and it's getting to the point where the positives he brings to the team aren't on the same level as the negatives, in my eyes, and that's putting it mildly. I do have a good amount of faith in Dino though, when it comes to this aspect of the team. JW, as well, so I'd expect they aren't too far off from being on the same page as most of us, and about done with him.

Last edited:
You just defended his actions. Something you said you wouldn't do. I think he is a really talented player. The best wide out on our team for sure. But that isn't good enough. You need to act like a good person and a good teammate. He does neither. He shows up our QB's all the time. He isn't that good. And the gesture, well, that can just not be tolerated.
He might be the most physically gifted, but I don't think he's the best on the team. He has short arms over the middle and drops too many well thrown balls and his demeanor is such a detractor that shouldn't be overlooked. He acts like OBJ, but he isn't anywhere near OBJ in ability.
I'd like to see Queely get more activity at the expense of Harris.

Appeasement is almost always a recipe for failure. Bending the rules for one player hurts everyone else, and from a practical point of view it is unjustified when production is not off the charts. In a season such as this where wins are hard to come by, if you can’t gain control of an individual player through discipline you will lose the entire team. At this point, whats the downside of a suspension for one or more games? Heck, how about a suspension for the rest of the season?

I was at my nephews wedding yesterday (masks worn by all, great time but limited turnout and social distancing practiced by all ):) so I missed the second half. Kind of wished I missed the first half too. Regarding Mr. Harris, his antics should have been addressed long ago. His on field antics towards Tommy DeVito last year were totally unacceptable. Last week( Duke game) I don't know if anyone caught it but during an intermission, the camera was on him and he is making all sorts of weird faces and moving his eyes around looking like an absolute knucklehead. He has talent but is not as good as he thinks he. He has dropped touchdown passes two weeks in a row. One from DeVito before he got hurt and one from Culpepper yesterday. Doing what he did yesterday in my humble opinion is a result of several things. One involves a very immature selfish young man who puts his misguided sense of self worth above his Syracuse University Football Teammates and Syracuse University who he represents. Second and this is the most damning thing, he does it because he apparently fears absolutely no retribution from his coaches for doing so. I know the coach I played for in high school if I ever did anything even remotely close to what Harris did yesterday would have resulted in me still remembering to this day some 43 years later the consequences of my immature behavior one day. That team is undisciplined and until someone is held accountable, is going to continue. Harris needs to be dealt with and quickly and not in a hush hush way. His inappropriate gesture yesterday was a public display, so should he punishment be. Nut up Dino and kick his rear end to the curb!!!!!

I didn’t see the gesture, so I won’t comment on it specifically. But speaking as an alum, and a longtime support of SU athletics, I would rather lose with dignity and class than win or lose without. It’s important.

I didn’t see the gesture, so I won’t comment on it specifically. But speaking as an alum, and a longtime support of SU athletics, I would rather lose with dignity and class than win or lose without. It’s important.
76206884-6F8E-4B4A-9A97-C45F3AD96558.jpeg

There ya go

Two ex-players state Taj has been babied by the coaching staff for years which seems to explain why Dino did not call him out in the presser yesterday.

We can tell. Some of us have been saying it since he got here. At least he and Tommy are on speaking terms and their on field friction is just that.

Taj is nothing special, he's a string bean. I wouldn't mind if we gave him the boot, we aren't winning this year and if he's the cancer he's shown to be then he's gotta go... imagine the stuff he's done we don't see

Dino has to remove him from the team. Maybe Taj is a better teammate and team player than his on the field antics show but that was a juvenile, embarrassing move. The Ohana thing sure looks like bs to me with behavior like that.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that we believe Babers didn't flex for Jordan Fredericks when he started.

But he has handled Taj's stuff very differently.
What was the deal with fredericks, I never understood why they didn't play him, he went to umass and retired I believe, I always wondered what was up with him and DB