The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)...

Too bad for Greg the opening wasn't at an Alabama school.

Wow, their AD made a $20 million mistake...he gone in a big way.
I think only if they signed an actual contract. If it was only an offer letter or memorandum of understanding he may not get much. Just a token amount for “damages”

Add another $8M+ for Butch Jones' buyout.
Albert Haynesworth is gonna need to share some of that Redskins contract money with his alma mater.

John Currie was just hired in February. This was his first major decision for Tennessee. As they say, you only get one chance to make a first impression.

Wow this is all so INSANE. As irrational as they've been, this is a good job by the Tennessee fans of throwing an absolute temper tantrum online. No doubt that Schiano would have been a crap hire..Chances are they end up with someone better.

Not that the AD operated in a vacuum...I do not remotely believe that Chancellor, donors or key UT decision makers were not in the "know" and if it made it as far as it did it was sanctioned by many of those people. To be honest, the university legal counsel will have some explaining to do...

If Greg Schiano doesn’t get the Tennessee job it’s hard to imagine him ever being a head coach anywhere again after this debacle.

What AD is going to risk this type of backlash.

This is mob justice at its worst. They couldn't have cared less about the borderline evidence they had. They found an out and exploited it and probably ruined a mans life.

I can't believe i am defending him.

This is mob justice at its worst. They couldn't have cared less about the borderline evidence they had. They found an out and exploited it and probably ruined a mans life.

There were several "outs" in this scenario, they just picked the path of least resistance and the one that would generate the most public outrage beyond the TN fanbase.

Let's not forget that a lot of people knew and covered up and when the whistle blower says he knew, my money is on that he knew.

What happens to Schiano at Ohio State? When do fans, former players and politicians protest his involvement with the school? Hard to imagine there won’t be similar pushback out of Ohio.

I think it's a bit of hyperbole to say this has ruined his life. He's still DC at O$U, and if you believe reports, he's $20M richer. Even if that number is not correct, whatever he gets isn't chump change. Now, if he gets fired by O$U, and can never get another job (which seems unlikely), he's set for life. Hardly ruined, IMO.
upload_2017-11-26_21-32-4.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom