The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)...

I would start sprinting to the dome with a torch and pitchfork

+ everybody already thought he was an enormous jerk. nothing has changed.

I think only if they signed an actual contract. If it was only an offer letter or memorandum of understanding he may not get much. Just a token amount for “damages”
If he's not hireable because of the outcry all this caused, the damages are gonna be higher than $20m. Unreal.

I think it's a bit of hyperbole to say this has ruined his life. He's still DC at O$U, and if you believe reports, he's $20M richer. Even if that number is not correct, whatever he gets isn't chump change. Now, if he gets fired by O$U, and can never get another job (which seems unlikely), he's set for life. Hardly ruined, IMO. View attachment 116010

There are a lot of ifs... but if he is fired from OSU - money does not buy happiness with a completely lost reputation (this is a lot different than a few fan bases hating you. This is a national story now)

Change the thread title to (Getting more fun again)

EFB91D49-DAB6-4932-A1F2-16F2543DEA53.gif
That guy just made 20mill to not coach. Insane

The Herbstreit/Wetzel/Thamel mafia spinning and defending Schiano are just as pathetic as the mob they criticize.

Fans pay the bills. These turds don’t pay anything and obviously have Schiano’s agent feeding them crap.

He would have looked great in that burnt orange helicopter lol ... Enjoying every bit of this drama because it doesn't impact our team!!!

There are a lot of ifs... but if he is fired from OSU - money does not buy happiness with a completely lost reputation (this is a lot different than a few fan bases hating you. This is a national story now)
You put your own 'if' in there. Frankly, if (there's that word again) he knew something and didn't say anything, he deserves every rotten thing he gets (and a lot more than that).

You put your own 'if' in there. Frankly, if (there's that word again) he knew something and didn't say anything, he deserves every rotten thing he gets (and a lot more than that).

umm... dude, i took the only "if" i actually talked in detail about DIRECTLY from YOUR post.

It's pretty incredible, as i think Jake pointed out, that its Tennessee demonstrating the moral compass on this. I think Atl is right though that the Tennessee fans arent all that worked up about this - it was simply a leverage point to get rid of a candidate they know to be sub par.

In the end though, this is the response PSU, Bradley, Schiano, et al should have gotten. The way NCAA caved, the joebots rallied, etc., is a fecking abomination of the highest order. The program should have been dissolved, and all of those involved should have been black-balled from coaching.

UT - Now Tarnished amid this fiasco, already laughed at with their 2 previous hires before Butch Jones...

Schiano - Tarnished for life, never another P5 HCing job, he better crawl back to OSU and invest his 20 mill

If they owe Schiano a nickle, then Currie will be fired by tomorrow.

I think Schiano was a more desperate choice than UT really needs. This is historically an 8 - 4 FB team. I'd regard 2017 as an abnormality, they've probably got the players to get back to respectable quickly.

Spare me the Sandusky moral high ground baloney for a moment. Nobody really believes UT fans have high morals. Schiano is a viable choice if you need someone to turn a dumpster fire CFB team (like Rutgers) into respectable. UT wants someone to pull off an SEC championship miracle. Schiano has never done anything like that in his history. He never won the Big East at Rutgers for example.

UT fans will never get the coach they want because they're delusional.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom