There is an opportunity here | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

There is an opportunity here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there was more to the conversation but again he still left and it’s a trend now with a bulk majority of players leaving this year, with 1 recruit coming in. Sooner or later we need to recognize the program is not trending in the right direction.
Of course. I’d rather keep good players than lose them. I’d rather win more ACC games.

This isn’t what we were talking about ;)

Of course. I’d rather keep good players than lose them. I’d rather win more ACC games.

This isn’t what we were talking about ;)
I think what we are talking about is Kadary not being here and the reasoning, and for me that’s on Boeheim and his mismanagement of the roster and playing time

Lol. Yeah, it’s best for the player to sit more behind a worse player! And to be treated differently than the ridiculous gunner that starts. Also, be sure to downplay the kid in all press conferences, and actually use his plus/minus rating from one game as a pawn in your slap fights with some local radio caller and some tweeter. Those are the KEYS to DEVELOPMENT! JB was playing the long game with all that stuff!!!

Please.
Yeah, if only he hadn’t done something similar in his past with other talented guards.

I also didn’t say *all* of what he’s said and done is the right move for KRs development. He’s thin skinned and gets nasty with the media, you new here!?

I just think the narrative is so lodged in some fans brains that they can’t see clearly.

“He loves Joe irrationally and ran the obviously better player out of town” is board dogma somehow. It’s weird

Do you honestly believe we won more games by keeping Richmond on the bench behind Joe?
Do you think that’s what I’ve been saying?!

I said he was sacrificing the chance of getting off to a good start in games for developing KR into maybe a 15% better player by getting him ready to start

I said he was sacrificing the chance of getting off to a good start in games for developing KR into maybe a 15% better player by getting him ready to start
I don’t understand that logic at all.

Well I guess he will be able to show that he’s a 15% better player thanks to a coach not letting him play more or start for another team now.

Yeah, if only he hadn’t done something similar in his past with other talented guards.

I also didn’t say *all* of what he’s said and done is the right move for KRs development. He’s thin skinned and gets nasty with the media, you new here!?

I just think the narrative is so lodged in some fans brains that they can’t see clearly.

“He loves Joe irrationally and ran the obviously better player out of town” is board dogma somehow. It’s weird
We must stop with the Dion narrative here because the situations aren’t actually comparable. First, I’ll say that Dion was a better player than Kadary. But Joe isn’t close to whoever Dion played behind.

We must stop with the Dion narrative here because the situations aren’t actually comparable. First, I’ll say that Dion was a better player than Kadary. But Joe isn’t close to whoever Dion played behind.
Absolutely and was trying to say this last night as well.

What works in one particular case is not the norm. The better player should play more minutes end of story. The coach himself said this.

Obviously KR is great player but came in as somewhat unhearalded. He had limited point guard experience, not a great shooting stroke and a rep for not always playing hard on D. Now he is a well known rising star as 1, is a ball hawk on defense and his outside shot improved tremendously by the end of the year. It's a shame he developed for someone else but the staff did help tremendously help his game

I don’t need to. Look at the minutes distribution at PG most of the season.
That’s what I thought. You’ve done the deep dive into the popular opinion that “he didn’t play enough” without doing the work of asking why.

Scoop

Absolutely and was trying to say this last night as well.

What works in one particular case is not the norm. The better player should play more minutes end of story. The coach himself said this.
We have historical evidence of him sitting the better, but younger kid in favor of the kids development and we don’t think that could possibly be the case with Kadary, why?

We have historical evidence of him sitting the better, but younger kid in favor of the kids development and we don’t think that could possibly be the case with Kadary, why?
Then why wasn’t this the case last year when Joe started over Carey?

KR was the best PG on the team. JG was a SG forced to play PG without the ability to drive to the basket. He is a good passer. He is a decent shooter. But he is unable to break down defenses and either pass to open teammates or hit the short jumper in the lane. Throughout the season on this board just about everyone stated that KD should be the starter. Better PG. Better defender. Much greater upside. And now he's likely gone.

Then why wasn’t this the case last year when Joe started over Carey?
The gap between Joe and Carey was greater, in that Joe solved a bunch of issues that Carey couldn’t. Kadary and Joe bring very different skills and both are assets. Not sure that was the case with Carey.

Kadary will be the better player and by the end of the season was. But it doesn’t mean starting him was the right thing for his development.

The gap between Joe and Carey was greater, in that Joe solved a bunch of issues that Carey couldn’t. Kadary and Joe bring very different skills and both are assets. Not sure that was the case with Carey.

Kadary will be the better player and by the end of the season was. But it doesn’t mean starting him was the right thing for his development.
You are saying this with such certainty, there is zero evidence this helped his development at all. Once again it also led to his ultimate departure so this plan failed miserably.

As weird as you think the narrative is that Jim plays favorites, the one you are pushing about development and this being better for the player is just as strange.

It does matter if the reason he leaves is because he thinks another coach will make him a better player and it doesn’t work out that way. He’ll be a starter at his next school - yeah! - but that doesn’t mean he’ll be what he could be.

You think KR said “I want to start or I’m leaving” and JB said “go for it” - conversation over?! You think JB didn’t explain his reasoning that included his plan for KRs development?

I’d rather have him and it sucks he’s choosing to leave. I’m just not sure it’s all on JB as is board dogma at this point

JB's starters are all about seniority, or in the case of highly touted freshmen big men, they get the token start and the immediate hook (Fab Melo, Rak Christmas, Chris McCullough).

Carey was more like Alan Griffin - athletic, talented, very good defensive player - but a bad decision maker on the offensive end.

Carey was more like Alan Griffin - athletic, talented, very good defensive player - but a bad decision maker on the offensive end.
Right. Joe overtook him because he was a better decision maker.

Dion couldn’t overtake Scoop, why?

You are saying this with such certainty, there is zero evidence this helped his development at all. Once again it also led to his ultimate departure so this plan failed miserably.

As weird as you think the narrative is that Jim plays favorites, the one you are pushing about development and this being better for the player is just as strange.
He said he learned a lot this year, so no

You think using the tools in your tool belt to get the best out of your players is strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom