There is an opportunity here | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

There is an opportunity here

Status
Not open for further replies.
He already did prove himself. He is clearly the better point guard, and we play better as a team with him running the point instead of Girard.

A couple people have posted that Kadary asked JB for assurances that he would start next year. I think this is plausible. When he didn't get that assurance, there was nothing left to hang around for.
weak

starting is about ego, actual playing time is what matters. maybe this is the exact thing JB was trying to get out of KR

weak

starting is about ego, actual playing time is what matters. maybe this is the exact thing JB was trying to get out of KR

Starting the wrong players is also about starting game after game from behind.
We've all watched this at various times in the last several years.

So I find you justification pathetic, actually. Kadary should be playing 25-30 minutes, Buddy about 30-32 minutes, and the third guard the remaining 20 minutes or so.

Kadary is the only P5 level PG we had on the roster.

Starting the wrong players is also about starting game after game from behind.
We've all watched this at various times in the last several years.

So I find you justification pathetic, actually. Kadary should be playing 25-30 minutes, Buddy about 30-32 minutes, and the third guard the remaining 20 minutes or so.

Kadary is the only P5 level PG we had on the roster.
How many minutes did he play in the second half of the year?

We tend to think game to game and short term - coaches think about player development and risking starting slow is worth it if the player coming off the bench gets 15% better than if he was handed the job

How many minutes did he play in the second half of the year?

We tend to think game to game and short term - coaches think about player development and risking starting slow is worth it if the player coming off the bench gets 15% better than if he was handed the job
I mean this is getting ridiculous, JB is a coach not a psychiatrist. He said it himself that the better player will be the starter, clearly to him Joe is the better player.

I mean this is getting ridiculous, JB is a coach not a psychiatrist. He said it himself that the better player will be the starter, clearly to him Joe is the better player.
Yeah, couldn’t possibly be right. Coaches never start the worse player to make a point.

Yeah, couldn’t possibly be right. Coaches never start the worse player to make a point.
I get it in certain instances like Dion who freshman year was a head case and also was playing for a good team with a solid back court his second season, but still got the bulk of the minutes.

Kadary was not a headcase and this team was extremely mediocre why would you not play him more and start him as to give our team the best chance of winning?

No I was taught that those were excuses. The fans (and parents) are the ones that cry rigged and unfair. I’ve been on the end of that many times as a coach. Most of the time the ones yelling unfair don’t know all the circumstances...
I’d hate to be a player under you if this is how you feel

I get it in certain instances like Dion who freshman year was a head case and also was playing for a good team with a solid back court his second season, but still got the bulk of the minutes.

Kadary was not a headcase and this team was extremely mediocre why would you not play him more and start him as to give our team the best chance of winning?
You don’t have to go that deep to find a justification. I don’t know if Kadary was a head case or not - but we do know that JB thought it was better for the team and possibly Kadary to come off the bench.

That a bunch of people take it as gospel that he did this because he “has favorites” rather than it being better for the players development and the team when we have examples from other players is weird

edit: and honestly the noise from fans was so loud - it probably didn’t help

You don’t have to go that deep to find a justification. I don’t know if Kadary was a head case or not - but we do know that JB thought it was better for the team and possibly Kadary to come off the bench.

That a bunch of people take it as gospel that he did this because he “has favorites” rather than it being better for the players development and the team when we have examples from other players is weird

edit: and honestly the noise from fans was so loud - it probably didn’t help
At the end of the day his handling did not work well since a player who was good with plenty of upside and one of our first decent true PG’s is no longer with the team. But maybe it’s better for the team and program that we have mass exoduses.

At the end of the day his handling did not work well since a player who was good with plenty of upside and one of our first decent true PG’s is no longer with the team. But maybe it’s better for the team and program that we have mass exoduses.
Kids never do things that go against their best interests? He was being coached. Things can be unpleasant AND the best thing for a players development.

How many kids willingly transfer and end up better after leaving here?

Kids never do things that go against their best interests? He was being coached. Things can be unpleasant AND the best thing for a players development.

Apparently Doug Marrone is the only coach you will criticize or be a big apologist for.

Most that leave were subpar players or didn’t live up to their rankings, that isn’t the case with Kadary. He was our best PG and whether he does better at his next school really doesn’t make a difference cause he is not here helping us when we know he’s a proven commodity.

Cheap shot and lacking substance. I have criticisms of every coach, including JB.

Try to keep up

Expand on that then. What are your criticisms of JB?

Most that leave were subpar players or didn’t live up to their rankings, that isn’t the case with Kadary. He was our best PG and whether he does better at his next school really doesn’t make a difference cause he is not here helping us when we know he’s a proven commodity.
It does matter if the reason he leaves is because he thinks another coach will make him a better player and it doesn’t work out that way. He’ll be a starter at his next school - yeah! - but that doesn’t mean he’ll be what he could be.

You think KR said “I want to start or I’m leaving” and JB said “go for it” - conversation over?! You think JB didn’t explain his reasoning that included his plan for KRs development?

I’d rather have him and it sucks he’s choosing to leave. I’m just not sure it’s all on JB as is board dogma at this point

It does matter if the reason he leaves is because he thinks another coach will make him a better player and it doesn’t work out that way. He’ll be a starter at his next school - yeah! - but that doesn’t mean he’ll be what he could be.

You think KR said “I want to start or I’m leaving” and JB said “go for it” - conversation over?! You think JB didn’t explain his reasoning that included his plan for KRs development?

I’d rather have him and it sucks he’s choosing to leave. I’m just not sure it’s all on JB as is board dogma at this point

Are the previous 7 seasons of 18-23 wins and 10-15 losses on JB? You would think he would want to try something new here. We are headed down the same path next year unless Girard suddenly turns into Jimmer overnight.

weak

And he played less than Girard, despite being way better. And the coach made a big thing about not wanting him to shoot from outside.

Hence, he wants to go somewhere where he can play.

Boeheim botched this all season. Badly. And it backfired.

I am sure there was more to the conversation but again he still left and it’s a trend now with a bulk majority of players leaving this year, with 1 recruit coming in. Sooner or later we need to recognize the program is not trending in the right direction.

Expand on that then. What are your criticisms of JB?
As I’ve said in previous posts yesterday, he’s stubborn as hell and he’s defensive with the media. He can be overly dismissive with fan criticism.

He’s not perfect. Some buttons he’s tried haven’t worked. His recruiting has lagged.

Are the previous 7 seasons of 18-23 wins and 10-15 losses on JB? You would think he would want to try something new here. We are headed down the same path next year unless Girard suddenly turns into Jimmer overnight.
Of course they are. I don’t think it was JB’s plan to lose KR, lol.

And he played less than Girard, despite being way better. And the coach made a big thing about not wanting him to shoot from outside.

Hence, he wants to go somewhere where he can play.

Boeheim botched this all season. Badly. And it backfired.
Again, what a player wants and what’s best for that player can be two different things. Coaching is the art of getting the player to believe in your plan and yeah, that backfired. It doesn’t mean it was wrong.

Again, what a player wants and what’s best for that player can be two different things. Coaching is the art of getting the player to believe in your plan and yeah, that backfired. It doesn’t mean it was wrong.

Lol. Yeah, it’s best for the player to sit more behind a worse player! And to be treated differently than the ridiculous gunner that starts. Also, be sure to downplay the kid in all press conferences, and actually use his plus/minus rating from one game as a pawn in your slap fights with some local radio caller and some tweeter. Those are the KEYS to DEVELOPMENT! JB was playing the long game with all that stuff!!!

Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors