This is the team we were expecting to see | Syracusefan.com

This is the team we were expecting to see

Totally agree. I love the way the defense is playing. Nice to see them get aggressive in coverage

Just need two more after this one. Idk it’s possible but really like the effort today.

Funny I was saying and just posted the same exact thing LOL

I must say this one more time:
I made a comment a few weeks ago.. There were details being missed on both sides of the ball. Mistakes were not being cleaned up on both sides of the ball week to week.. Coaching, was in fact some of this.. The LB's are actually moving forward today... a lot more aggressive on D... tighter coverage... Ward was a problem...

OL looks up to there talent level today.. guys just didn't get better because of the BYE week. I still want to know who the guy was that determined Alexander a starter over Bergeron and put Servais at center is.. because that person needs to be looked at.. as in possibly fired. At this level you cannot mis-manage a roster like we did this year before today.. We do not have the talent depth to evaluate starters and mis that bad... and its just so obvious the "favorite" game was played or talent eval by someone is a huge miss.. and we cant have that as a program at our level.
NOW I am extremely happy for this Win and if we can find a way to get to 6.. After the ridiculousness that's happened this year, It would be a major accomplishment and momentum moving forward

I still want to know who the guy was that determined Alexander a starter over Bergeron and put Servais at center is.. because that person needs to be looked at.. as in possibly fired.

I mean, I think there’s an easy answer here. I’d imagine they wanted Bergeron to redshirt, right? Had he already burned it at that point?

It's one game, let's see if this continues with the remaining 2 or 3 games. All teams look good at some point in a season even if they are statistically one of the worst teams in the country. I hope this means we pull our heads out of the sand but it's a little silly to think we should still be a 7-8 win team because we won our first FBS game.

OL played really well, that was nice to see.

It's one game, let's see if this continues with the remaining 2 or 3 games. All teams look good at some point in a season even if they are statistically one of the worst teams in the country. I hope this means we pull our heads out of the sand but it's a little silly to think we should still be a 7-8 win team because we won our first FBS game.

Agreed. Good game. Seeing Bear back shows how important a presence he was going to be this year. Also shows how different that made the Bear/Slayton combo last year. That said let’s not start talking the corners turned again or that’s the 10 win team. We beat a weaker ACC opponent today. We had 2 weeks to prepare. Stanard had the defense playing with energy and tackling better. The oline showed some progress. That is all but thats also good enough. Enjoy the win and let’s try and put 2 wins together.

I made a comment a few weeks ago.. There were details being missed on both sides of the ball. Mistakes were not being cleaned up on both sides of the ball week to week.. Coaching, was in fact some of this.. The LB's are actually moving forward today... a lot more aggressive on D... tighter coverage... Ward was a problem...

OL looks up to there talent level today.. guys just didn't get better because of the BYE week. I still want to know who the guy was that determined Alexander a starter over Bergeron and put Servais at center is.. because that person needs to be looked at.. as in possibly fired. At this level you cannot mis-manage a roster like we did this year before today.. We do not have the talent depth to evaluate starters and mis that bad... and its just so obvious the "favorite" game was played or talent eval by someone is a huge miss.. and we cant have that as a program at our level.
NOW I am extremely happy for this Win and if we can find a way to get to 6.. After the ridiculousness that's happened this year, It would be a major accomplishment and momentum moving forward
I can attest you made these comments about the line weeks back. Like the changes you saw today?

I didn't get to see the game because I'm too cheap to purchase ACCN but I did watch the 20 minute condensed game on YouTube. I can't believe we ran the ball so well. We've looked entirely mediocre on the ground almost all year so it was awesome to see the line get some push and actually seem pretty organized. Love to see it! Hoping we can end the season on a bit of a run but I'm also aware I may just be setting myself up for disappointment... but I can't help but be optimistic after a big win.

As a side note, we beat Duke by more than Alabama did, so according to the law, if I'm not mistaken, CUSE>>>BAMA!

LGO!

I mean we can’t be an 8 win team anyway but we sure can win 7 still

I think it’s a reasonable question - why did it take so long to make personnel changes when obviously the line was not performing, at minimum, a competent level?

You can't be a fan unless you are a little silly.

The debacle called our O-Line up to this week has been embarrassing.

You meant to tell me we didn’t think of running this combination before? The Bergeron kid is more than serviceable, our new C played well and Servais is back where he belongs.

Why was this so hard to figure out?

To hear that the players got Stanard with a celebratory water bath at the end show who they truly want to be their leader on defense and they played for themselves and him tonight. So apparent. So happy for those guys
Hey, I’m happy the defense played better, but historically, coaches preferred by players tend to be pushovers who ultimately have no discipline.

The debacle called our O-Line up to this week has been embarrassing.

You meant to tell me we didn’t think of running this combination before? The Bergeron kid is more than serviceable, our new C played well and Servais is back where he belongs.

Why was this so hard to figure out?

they tried vetterello in the spring and summer and he’s had problems snapping. I’m sure it’s been a work in progress. Id guess at this point they just decided they had to risk it. I don’t think it was hard to figure out though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom