Uconn gets 3 years out of kemba | Syracusefan.com

Uconn gets 3 years out of kemba

Kemba is a special talent, but everyone who says Ennis is too small for the NBA should understand why 5'11 shoot-first PG's didn't leave UConn early.

CorduroyG said:
And 4 out of Napier. And we can't even get 2 out of ennis. Unbelievable.

Why do you think that is?

Are people still really hating on Ennis going for his dream, being most likely a lottery pick? Really?

Shawn91111 said:
Are people still really hating on Ennis going for his dream, being most likely a lottery pick? Really?

I'm not hating on him, just pointing out our bad luck more than anything.

It seems that with the increasing parity in CBB, it's tough to win with young talent unless you're Kentucky who has 10 McDonalds AA's.

Also where do all these teams find these athletes that can shoot? Even last year we only really had Southerland. Triche could shoot but wasn't really a shooter.

Why does Michigan have like 6 athletic guys who can drain 3's all the time as of late? What were these guys rankings coming into college? Have they been in the program for a while?

Also, because of the size needed for our zone, we recruit NBA bodies. If our guys blow up, they have an NBA body. NBA body plus talent equals $$$. They're not some slow big man who can shoot threes and be a matchup nightmare. They're not superstar midgets. They're not undersized forwards.

Last edited:
We were a basket away from another final four. things are not that bad. There is unbelievable parity in college basketball today. Duke had an impressive group of athletes including two that are likely lottery, they lose in the first round. You recruit great talent, the chemistry isn't always there. With players leaving elite programs after 1 or 2 years it partially levels the playing field so that mid majors have a good shot at doing well in the tournament. Look at Butler, 2 consecutive final 4s. VCU last year.

We were a basket away from another final four. things are not that bad. There is unbelievable parity in college basketball today. Duke had an impressive group of athletes including two that are likely lottery, they lose in the first round. You recruit great talent, the chemistry isn't always there. With players leaving elite programs after 1 or 2 years it partially levels the playing field so that mid majors have a good shot at doing well in the tournament. Look at Butler, 2 consecutive final 4s. VCU last year.
Lol how were we a basket away from another Final 4? Were Stanford and Florida forfeiting if we won?

No one is hating on him for going after his dream, but why couldn't have been after next season?

I'm not hating on him, just pointing out our bad luck more than anything.

Really. You said its unbelievable he decided to go pro, is that a glowing positive post?

And 4 out of Napier. And we can't even get 2 out of ennis. Unbelievable.

Really! I don't get it! Why is that? Is it simply a matter of 2 inches? Do we attract the wrong kind of kids here? I know Mason has said he's heard that before from coaches but can't imagine it's accurate when it comes to Ennis. But why don't our phenoms ever stick around? Do we make it more difficult for them to want to stick around? Can't imagine that Storrs is any more fun than Syracuse.

supp said:
Really! I don't get it! Why is that? Is it simply a matter of 2 inches? Do we attract the wrong kind of kids here? I know Mason has said he's heard that before from coaches but can't imagine it's accurate when it comes to Ennis. But why don't our phenoms ever stick around? Do we make it more difficult for them to want to stick around? Can't imagine that Storrs is any more fun than Syracuse.

Draft stock .

But it never happens for us. Last time I remember it happening was Wallace.

I guess I was more answering the question of why Walker stayed 3 and Napier 4 while Ennis 1.

Why don't our phenoms stick around? The question kind of answers itself. Sorry but shabazz and McW or dion are not one the same planet.

I wouldn't put Ennis into the same category as mcw and dion.
He may not be (my post didn't insinuate he was) but he's clearlyclearly more highly regarded than either shabazz or kemba as a freshman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom