We will be loaded next year | Syracusefan.com

We will be loaded next year

Actionthrill

Walk On
This year there’s a strong chance we might win 8 or 9 games which is a lot more than most people thought. But next years team. All I can say is WOW. At QB we have DeVito and Amie. Dungy is really really good but I think as for the position that’s an upgrade. At RB we’ve got Neal, Howard, and Abdul Adams. Wow that’s special talent there. At WR Taj Harris, Ed Hendrix, Trishton Jackson, Nykeim Johnson, Sharod Johnson, Anthony Queeley, and Cooper Lutz. Add in Butler and Riley as the upperclassmen and the position is miles upon miles better than this year. The OLine is losing 3 starters which hurts but the replacements have played a lot. Plus guys like Qadir White, Carlos Vettorello, and Wil Froumy are waiting for their chance.

On defense the defensive end are really really good. And they’re coming back. The DTs though worry me. This is the only position next year that does. After McKinley Williams, Bear, who do we have. Slayton will be a huge loss. But at linebacker we have a ton of talent. Juan Wallace, Lakiem Williams, Kadeem Trotter, Tre Allison, and Nadarius Fagan are all talented younger players that could make a difference next year. I think we’ve upgraded that position. The Secondary is scary. If Cordy comes back we lose NOBODY! And with the freshman getting better it’s gonna be hard passing on these guys. On special teams Hofrichter is already one of the best punters in the country, so next year he could be even better. And what can I say about Szmyt? I don’t know where this kid came from but he’s going into Death Valley and kicking 50 yard figs like nothing. We have nothing to worry about at kicker for the next 4 years. That to me is a stacked football team.

But that’s next year. This year I’m going to continue to watch SU put a beating on all opponents in our way. But if you take a little peak ahead to next year I think greatness is waiting.

Dare to dream - I'm just looking forward to going to Pitt this weekend to see how the team performs on the bounce back. I have a feeling I'm going to like what I see. I cannot wait.

This year there’s a strong chance we might win 8 or 9 games which is a lot more than most people thought. But next years team. All I can say is WOW. At QB we have DeVito and Amie. Dungy is really really good but I think as for the position that’s an upgrade. At RB we’ve got Neal, Howard, and Abdul Adams. Wow that’s special talent there. At WR Taj Harris, Ed Hendrix, Trishton Jackson, Nykeim Johnson, Sharod Johnson, Anthony Queeley, and Cooper Lutz. Add in Butler and Riley as the upperclassmen and the position is miles upon miles better than this year. The OLine is losing 3 starters which hurts but the replacements have played a lot. Plus guys like Qadir White, Carlos Vettorello, and Wil Froumy are waiting for their chance.

On defense the defensive end are really really good. And they’re coming back. The DTs though worry me. This is the only position next year that does. After McKinley Williams, Bear, who do we have. Slayton will be a huge loss. But at linebacker we have a ton of talent. Juan Wallace, Lakiem Williams, Kadeem Trotter, Tre Allison, and Nadarius Fagan are all talented younger players that could make a difference next year. I think we’ve upgraded that position. The Secondary is scary. If Cordy comes back we lose NOBODY! And with the freshman getting better it’s gonna be hard passing on these guys. On special teams Hofrichter is already one of the best punters in the country, so next year he could be even better. And what can I say about Szmyt? I don’t know where this kid came from but he’s going into Death Valley and kicking 50 yard figs like nothing. We have nothing to worry about at kicker for the next 4 years. That to me is a stacked football team.

But that’s next year. This year I’m going to continue to watch SU put a beating on all opponents in our way. But if you take a little peak ahead to next year I think greatness is waiting.
Heckel has played a lot and should be a great replacement for Roberts or Servais if he moves out to tackle. Problem is Conway and Martin will be very hard to replace. Virtually zero experience waiting in the wings.

Agree with everything you say. Talent next year is impressive. OL, LB and DT are the worries for me.

Projected OL:
Veterello-Davis-Heckel-Adams-Servais
White-Davis-Byrne-Froumy-Clark

—could be ok. I think Servais will be a better tackle than center. Davis is a road grader, Dino type guard. Veterello making 2deep and playing as true frosh at LT tells me something about him.

Projected DL:
Robinson-Black-Bear-Coleman
Jonathan-Okechukwu-Ruff-Morton/Richards?

— love the DEs. Studs. Our DTs could get run over. No meat.

Projected LBs:
Armstrong-Wallace-Williams/Richards?
Trotter/Fagan-Allison-Walton

— Big question for me is where does Richards end up. If it’s LB, does he have the cover ability. I love his size. Think Wallace starts next year. Armstrong is solid. We need a younger guy to step up and be a stud to make our defense special.

If I did this correctly, we have 35 of 44 on the 2 deep returning, including 13 of 22 starters.
When you add in special teans, red shirts and a couple of recruits that will make the 2 deep, we are in incredible shape.

Offense
17 of 22
6 starters

Defense
18 of 22
7 starters

What I find amazing is that Dino has built this from virtually nothing. By that I mean he had nothing to sell but himself, playing time and hope. Imagine what he will be able to do if we win say, 8 games and a bowl?!

LGO!

I think Robinson stays cause he can be a first rounder next year. This yer 4-6 rnd I would guess. But buy is Slayton moving up big on draft boards. The oline from Clemson just didn’t block him and they doubled him a lot. Need some more plays from our 1 tech. He kinda got moved around easily. Our backers made plays but only when we blitzed. Other than that we whiffed big time on run plays.

The key is Devito and DT. Devito might be really good, but he is still unproven in my mind, particularly with accuracy on the deep ball.
Agreed...unfortunately, like with most QB's, TD's success will hinge on the new members of the OL.

Checkout the Alabama QB's...both look sensational and Tua is an elite passer. Taking nothing from either guy, but a QB's life is waaaay easier when you can sit in a clean, well formed pocket and run though your progressions.

Thread derail attempt: Alton Robinson..."he gone"?
No.
The key is Devito and DT. Devito might be really good, but he is still unproven in my mind, particularly with accuracy on the deep ball.
After DeVito hit those two to Custis I'm not worried at all about the deep ball.

The offensive line is of far greater concern to me. We'll really test the depth Dino has built.

D-Line is way too deep for this upcoming draft for Alton or Kendall to go. Brian Burns, the FSU guy who we played earlier this year, might not even be one of the top 10 DE drafted.

All TD needs is PT. Kid has always been an accurate deep thrower. We are fortunate he was a RS. He should hit the ground running next year. The big thing ED gave us was experience in Dino's offense. Dungey will have that by next year.

From my untrained eye, you simply cannot block Slayton with one guy. Didn't he get his sack when they tried that?

SU needs a mobile QB, Is Devito mobile enough :confused:

Uh, no - we don’t.

Was the “Fat Pirate” who put up video game #’s for Dino mobile?

TD ran for a TD, and has had a few other nice runs in limited attempts.
He doesn’t need to run like Dungey to be insanely effective in this O - just needs to pick his spots, and avoid taking big hits.

SU needs a mobile QB, Is Devito mobile enough :confused:

I think TD is a much better athlete than given credit for. It'll be the little thungs that make the difference i.e. getting them into the right play, pocket presence, etc.

I think the biggest factor regarding next year's QB success will be the Oline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom