Well... Are we in our out? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Well... Are we in our out?

I hope we're in, but I think we're out, and seriously, if we get left out...there's little to bitch about. Our resume is filled with W. T. F. moments.

Things that I think work in our favor...

1) The committee has been veeeeeerrrry pro P5 schools in recent years. Its all part of the plan of the rich getting richer.

2) Boeheim. Love him or hate him...he has become iconic in the sense that his press conferences alone are now must watch tv. He's probably one of the 2-3 most visible figures coaching the game.

3) Wildhack. Would not surprise me if some of the committee members have worked with him in the past and felt he was a good dude...and may want to help him out in his first year. like it or not, politics enters that room - see 2007. DGross was not well liked by fellow ADs---especially that early in his tenure.

If we get in, I would be absolutely shocked if we were not in Dayton.

I mentioned the Wildhack angle maybe three pages ago and got immediately shot down. IMO if we get in, he's a big part of the reason why.

I hope we're in, but I think we're out, and seriously, if we get left out...there's little to bitch about. Our resume is filled with W. T. F. moments.

Things that I think work in our favor...

1) The committee has been veeeeeerrrry pro P5 schools in recent years. Its all part of the plan of the rich getting richer.

2) Boeheim. Love him or hate him...he has become iconic in the sense that his press conferences alone are now must watch tv. He's probably one of the 2-3 most visible figures coaching the game.

3) Wildhack. Would not surprise me if some of the committee members have worked with him in the past and felt he was a good dude...and may want to help him out in his first year. like it or not, politics enters that room - see 2007. DGross was not well liked by fellow ADs---especially that early in his tenure.

If we get in, I would be absolutely shocked if we were not in Dayton.

Good points particularly #1. That seems undeniable to me.

The committee has been veeeeeerrrry pro P5 schools in recent years. Its all part of the plan of the rich getting richer.
So that's why? Not because the P5 programs are better, but the grand evil secret plan that they hope is too obvious for people to notice?

raw

I mentioned the Wildhack angle maybe three pages ago and got immediately shot down. IMO if we get in, he's a big part of the reason why.

He can't or won't actively do anything to help. He really can't...but his past work with an AD could tip a 50-50 decision for a committee member.

So that's why? Not because the P5 programs are better, but the grand evil secret plan that they hope is too obvious for people to notice?

raw

Just a little refresher:

In the last four years alone the following non P5+1 teams have won games (almost always against a P5+1 team) as double digit seeds in the NCAAT:

Florida Gulf Coast, Harvard (2x), LaSalle, Stephen F Austin (2x), Dayton, North Dakota State, Mercer, Georgia State, UAB, Hawaii, Wichita State, Yale, Northern Iowa and Little Rock.

They don't get a lot of chances but when they do they make sure to do some damage.

Just a little refresher:

In the last four years alone the following non P5+1 teams have won games (almost always against a P5+1 team) as double digit seeds in the NCAAT:

Florida Gulf Coast, Harvard (2x), LaSalle, Stephen F Austin (2x), Dayton, North Dakota State, Mercer, Georgia State, UAB, Hawaii, Wichita State, Yale, Northern Iowa and Little Rock.

They don't get a lot of chances but when they do they make sure to do some damage.
How many of those teams won their next game?

How many of those teams won their next game?

Kind of irrelevant because they beat a rep from the vaunted P5+1. Quite often some overrated fat cat that wasn't as good as we thought they were.

if we are out then who is in.. it cant be wake, and even the announcers in the Cal game were skeptical after how awful they looked beating Ore St.

if we are out then who is in.. it cant be wake, and even the announcers in the Cal game were skeptical after how awful they looked beating Ore St.
wake was probably ahead of us before today.

ave ve ave

And if we are out, what are the chances we get an NIT offer on Sunday? Imagine the horror. Season might have just finished today.
Are you serious? NIT, unfortunately, is a given if we don't make the NCAA.

wake was probably ahead of us before today.

not sure of that. depends on the groupings.. when we finish ahead of them in league and win the h2h. but when grouped with others who knows. if it comes down last 2 in then i think we win, if it comes down to 3-5 teams for last one in they might be ahead of us. they watch all these games too and if so they they saw them down 10+ late a few 3s to make it closer than it was most of the 2nd half..

not sure of that. depends on the groupings.. when we finish ahead of them in league and win the h2h. but when grouped with others who knows. if it comes down last 2 in then i think we win, if it comes down to 3-5 teams for last one in they might be ahead of us. they watch all these games too and if so they they saw them down 10+ late a few 3s to make it closer than it was most of the 2nd half..
a h2h win over wake at home by 5 doesn't amount to much.

They have better rankings (Sagarin, KenPom, BPI) and a road Top 50 win.

If the rpi is on the way out as you say (not disputing that btw) then why do these other rating systems matter?

We're out.

Besides needing this game, today was a pretty good indication of what we would do in an opening round NCAA game.

Nothing shaking on Shakedown Street.

Our recent opening tournament games:
2014 - Lost to Dayton
2015 - Ban
2016 - Beat Dayton
2017 - Play-In-Game in Dayton?

The irony would not be lost on me

We actually lost to Dayton in the second round in 2014 but I like your style

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member