Where have the parent posters gone? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Where have the parent posters gone?

And too many here essentially gave said parent rock star status, so the moment he hears something he doesn't like...

Depending on the parent, kissing their a$$ all the time can just empower them, and makes the board less enjoyable.

Damn right. Especially when half of what 1 parent wrote, and still writes at another site is posts bashing the fanbase, and the program. If you can't tell all that he's in it for is the 4 years his Son is here then you are blind. The way he talks about this fanbase (like we are worse then any other fanbase that has won 7 games over 2 years) you can tell he won't give a crap about SU as soon as his kid is out. I'm sorry but picking fights with posters, being out right rude, and obnoxious didn't make him worship worthy.

anomander said:
Damn right. Especially when half of what 1 parent wrote, and still writes at another site is posts bashing the fanbase, and the program. If you can't tell all that he's in it for is the 4 years his Son is here then you are blind. The way he talks about this fanbase (like we are worse then any other fanbase that has won 7 games over 2 years) you can tell he won't give a crap about SU as soon as his kid is out. I'm sorry but picking fights with posters, being out right rude, and obnoxious didn't make him worship worthy.

Ain't nobody worship worthy.

The guy was fiery - possesses some of the same traits that make his kid someone who I want on my team. People here got all upset when they do they same junk to each other and the fanbase. I wished he would have held his tongue a few times, but I knew he'd learn or move on.

I cut everyone slack, but parents of players get the most. They may have a shorter buy in - but when your kid is involved they are right to be all in, all the time.

Ain't nobody worship worthy.

The guy was fiery - possesses some of the same traits that make his kid someone who I want on my team. People here got all upset when they do they same junk to each other and the fanbase. I wished he would have held his tongue a few times, but I knew he'd learn or move on.

I cut everyone slack, but parents of players get the most. They may have a shorter buy in - but when your kid is involved they are right to be all in, all the time.

Doesn't give you a right to be a Dik. Plus if you are a parent of a player you would think you would be a little less opinionated, if not for the risk of embarrassing your Son (who I have never seen a negative word said about him).

Just so some people know...not all of the kids like that their parents post on a fan board.

I for one loved having them on the board and meeting bam for a moment in person. It has to be really hard to buy in to a program and have this happen because a lot of family trust rests with the staff taking care of their sons. I was one advocating for patience with HCSS and I also think Babers is a great hire once we were in the search. His credo appears to follow a similar family style that hopefully will mesh well with the team as a whole.

I think the parents are smart to stay low profile right noe and avoid stirring things up with the new staff for their sons. Keep lurking no problem were not all knuckleheads.

Not that it brings much comfort but I think there is an interesting comparison to be made with many real life situations, like change in corporate management at your company, or sudden changes in the ecomomy. In buisness you must always be learning from every new opportunity and adapting to changes in the landscape. I hope these players are able to adapt and flourish in the new system. They absolutely have the talent that's the most important step same as buisness.:

anomander said:
Doesn't give you a right to be a Dik. Plus if you are a parent of a player you would think you would be a little less opinionated, if not for the risk of embarrassing your Son (who I have never seen a negative word said about him). Just so some people know...not all of the kids like that their parents post on a fan board.

For sure. Just trying to balance the equation a little.

I don't think anyone on here is worship worthy. Bad behavior is just that and there was/is plenty to go all around. My point isn't about how parents are treated on here or how they behave but all posters. Some on here think the louder, more derisive and bullying they are the better to get their point across without any regards to anyone elses opinion or point of view. It's like having a board full of Donald Trumps.

And too many here essentially gave said parent rock star status, so the moment he hears something he doesn't like...

Depending on the parent, kissing their a$$ all the time can just empower them, and makes the board less enjoyable.

this is one of the most accurate things I may have read on the board all year. I wish this could be engraved on both the basketball and football board actually.

Ill wait

arent you a lucky duck im bored at my office today, welp this is just from one thread i pulled these examples from:

"I hope he does great things at Enter school name here . Imagine the grumbling some will do here when he's putting up double digits next year"

"May he be the one that got away when he dominates next year."

"Curious are players allowed to transfer back to a school they transferred from. Would love to have X transfer back for his Senior season after he puts up 23 and 8"

"When the NCAA gives us back our schollies...X can come back home"

Again this is from one thread, even on the football side, I remember one poster telling Steven Clark's dad that his son was his favorite player on the D side of the ball. THIS WAS BEFORE THE SEASON HAD EVEN STARTED AND THE KID HAD EVER PLAYED ONE DOWN FOR SYRACUSE.

I have a son, and god willing if he ever becomes a d1, or d2 or even d97 athlete someday that would be amazing. but as i said from another poster's quote, the kissing of a parents booty can be beyond enpowering them. theres a line between "hey awesome game your kid had" and "i dont know how were ever going to survive without ____!!"

arent you a lucky duck im bored at my office today, welp this is just from one thread i pulled these examples from:

"I hope he does great things at Enter school name here . Imagine the grumbling some will do here when he's putting up double digits next year"

"May he be the one that got away when he dominates next year."

"Curious are players allowed to transfer back to a school they transferred from. Would love to have X transfer back for his Senior season after he puts up 23 and 8"

"When the NCAA gives us back our schollies...X can come back home"

Again this is from one thread, even on the football side, I remember one poster telling Steven Clark's dad that his son was his favorite player on the D side of the ball. THIS WAS BEFORE THE SEASON HAD EVEN STARTED AND THE KID HAD EVER PLAYED ONE DOWN FOR SYRACUSE.

I have a son, and god willing if he ever becomes a d1, or d2 or even d97 athlete someday that would be amazing. but as i said from another poster's quote, the kissing of a parents booty can be beyond enpowering them. theres a line between "hey awesome game your kid had" and "i dont know how were ever going to survive without ____!!"

People think the internet is like a "free zone" where you can cast off all social norms and crazy batshiiite "say anything" is the norm. It's not.

It's like one big room. And if you and I were in a room with a players parents we'd be deferential to them too. At best it's respect and love - at worst it's "you have something we want, so we're going to kiss your a$$" ... It's normal and right to have some of that.

I'm not sure I'd say that telling a guy that you hope his son does well is "a$$ kissing."

Said parent at times was almost as obnoxious as some of the "trolls" referenced here. I really don't think blasting coaches, complaining about playing time, and threatening other posters is something a player's parent should do.

In fact, if that poster wasn't a parent I have a feeling he may have been sent to time out on a few occasions.

Wow, someone had to say it. Well put.

It does strike me that having parent posters around here can put the moderators into an uncomfortable position.

Wow, someone had to say it. Well put.

It does strike me that having parent posters around here can put the moderators into an uncomfortable position.

No. We are equal opportunity deleters and banners. And believe me far more regular posters get to enjoy these opportunities.

Lemon's dad was solid, good dude. he knew to stay away at a certain point with or without Marrone requesting it, which I think is wise. Some can't help themselves.

I don't really care either way, just my opinion people take sh!te way too serious when it comes to this outlet each his own but it's not really going to flatter most parents

CuseLegacy said:
I don't think anyone on here is worship worthy. Bad behavior is just that and there was/is plenty to go all around. My point isn't about how parents are treated on here or how they behave but all posters. Some on here think the louder, more derisive and bullying they are the better to get their point across without any regards to anyone elses opinion or point of view. It's like having a board full of Donald Trumps.

Ya and that's not a good look for a parent of a current player.

CuseLegacy said:
Or any poster.
But especially a parent . Who cares if Anomander or CuseLegacy say something. They are a screen name. Our user names have no SSN. Everyone knows so and so's Dad is over the top ridiculous.

But especially a parent . Who cares if Anomander or CuseLegacy say something. They are a screen name. Our user names have no SSN. Everyone knows so and so's Dad is over the top ridiculous.
I care because it isn't what we say but how we interact with one another. And just because no one knows who we are, well I know who you are ;), doesn't mean we can't be civil in our disagreements. It doesn't cost anything to be respectful whoever you are..parent or not.

Yeah, anonymity doesn't give people the right to be more of a blunt jerk than people whose identities we actually know. We're not Syracuse.com commenters, for goodness sake.

It's got to be tough on a parent. Nobody likes hearing that their kid isn't as great/awesome/fantastic as they think he/she is. High level college sports bring out a little more fanaticism and even objective criticism (X isn't good at this, X should do this instead) can be seen as a personal insult in the cold text of the internet.

I have absolutely no problem with parents posting...even if it gets heated at times. After all, despite some posters perceived self-importance, the parents have far more invested than any of us do.

Since I'm a firm believer that you simply don't berate, tear down or publically undress any current player, I find it ironic that most of the friction between posters and parents was a result of many board experts calling for the staff's heads. To me...it says a lot about the character of the previous staff and the trust that the parents had in them.

The Louisville game was the last straw for me and the former staff. IMO, the decisions employed in that game were indefensible but, for some reason, I never felt compelled to come on here and call for their heads. Obviously, my thoughts weren't needed since this board is blessed with so many folks with sterling credentials and/or football acumen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom