Yes or no our next HC is on the bench now | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Yes or no our next HC is on the bench now

Is our next HC a current SU assistant?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isnt a hall of fame coach able to get the full potential out of this program?

Washington will always be a football school but what I saw after attending a game last year vs UCLA there is a ton of support, a rabid fan base, and students who care about hoops. This isnt a team that plays in an empty arena. The momentum Hops program has isnt stopping any time soon.

He keeps on this track and the AD who absolutely adores Hop is going to do everything to keep him. You think a mil or two a year is going to matter to them if it means a successful basketball program and a garbage one they had before under Romar?
Roy Williams was at Kansas and went home to North Carolina.
Money wasn’t why he went home.
If the administration went to Hop like UNC did with Roy I think he would come back.
I just don’t know if Syracuse will do it.
Washington doesn’t have the potential Syracuse does.
It’s always going to be football first.
Syracuse will always be basketball first.
More talent on the East coast than west coast.

I am not saying Hop would come back but the notion he won’t because of Washington isn’t true.
I think it’s more likely we won’t pursue hard than him declining.

You don’t want to be the guy that replaces the legend.
You want to be the guy that replace the guy after the legend.

I think when JB goes Syracuse will give the job to GMac. It will be like it’s been the last 5 years and then after his chance they go Godfather for Hop.
I don’t think this Administration will go godfather after Hop when JB retires.

If Hop doesn't want to be at UW long term, he's doing a really good job fooling everyone here.
I'd be really surprised to see him leave what he is building.
Roy Williams was at Kansas for 15 years.
Had his own legacy was going to be a HOFer then Carolina came calling with it’s godfather offer and he went home.

Hop could be at Washington for 10 more years and then Syracuse could coming calling and then we will see.
I don’t see any scenario Hopkins is replacing JB that bridge is done.

If Hop doesn't want to be at UW long term, he's doing a really good job fooling everyone here.
I'd be really surprised to see him leave what he is building.

I think a lot of this is people here don't understand what's going on there.

When we went to the ucla game that place was electric, hardcore fans along with fans who want basketball to be a power.

That little arena is not the dome but what it lacks in size its not lacking in fan support, hope and care.

The love for Hop there was awesome to see, something he didnt see from our fan base during his stretch here. He nor his wife will forget that.

He'd be nuts to leave in my opinion.

I think a lot of this is people here don't understand what's going on there.

When we went to the ucla game that place was electric, hardcore fans along with fans who want basketball to be a power.

That little arena is not the dome but what it lacks in size its not lacking in fan support, hope and care.

The love for Hop there was awesome to see, something he didnt see from our fan base during his stretch here. He nor his wife will forget that.

He'd be nuts to leave in my opinion.
Roy Williams literally already did this.
He was at Kansas. Kansas is a top 5 job. He left a top 5 job for another top 5 job because it was his Alma Mater and they needed him.
Roy went to 2 title games at Kansas and 4 Final Fours. Had the consensus number one team in 1997 and got upset.
Roy went back.
Hop could be at Washington 15 years turn the program into a rival of Arizona and the Syracuse program could coming calling beg him to restore glory and he could come back just like Roy.

Kansas gave Roy all the love and support. Alma mater and home matter.

Why isnt a hall of fame coach able to get the full potential out of this program?

Washington will always be a football school but what I saw after attending a game last year vs UCLA there is a ton of support, a rabid fan base, and students who care about hoops. This isnt a team that plays in an empty arena. The momentum Hops program has isnt stopping any time soon.

He keeps on this track and the AD who absolutely adores Hop is going to do everything to keep him. You think a mil or two a year is going to matter to them if it means a successful basketball program and a garbage one they had before under Romar?

The Pac-12 just isn’t the ACC though.

Roy Williams literally already did this.
He was at Kansas. Kansas is a top 5 job. He left a top 5 job for another top 5 job because it was his Alma Mater and they needed him.
Roy went to 2 title games at Kansas and 4 Final Fours. Had the consensus number one team in 1997 and got upset.
Roy went back.
Hop could be at Washington 15 years turn the program into a rival of Arizona and the Syracuse program could coming calling beg him to restore glory and he could come back just like Roy.

Kansas gave Roy all the love and support. Alma mater and home matter.

I hope Hop comes back and I don't disagree with what you're saying. I also think Hop is cut from a different cloth, is there a more loyal person in college basketball than Hop than maybe JB? I just cant see him leaving the kids he recruits. He is just a different guy than Roy.

You don’t want to be the guy that replaces the legend.
You want to be the guy that replace the guy after the legend.

I think when JB goes Syracuse will give the job to GMac. It will be like it’s been the last 5 years and then after his chance they go Godfather for Hop.
I don’t think this Administration will go godfather after Hop when JB retires.

The idea of McNamara as head coach is ludicrous, imo. Just cannot imagine what bizarro world we'll have entered if that does indeed happen.

The idea of McNamara as head coach is ludicrous, imo. Just cannot imagine what bizarro world we'll have entered if that does indeed happen.
Trust me I want no part of GMac as HC.
I am just giving my opinion. I have no inside information on this. I don’t want him as HC. If it had to be an assistant now I go Autry.
I just think JB is going to pull a Dean Smith. He will announce his retirement in the summer after jobs are full and a current assistant will get the job.

Gmac will not be the head coach. Before this Beilein drama at Niagara he was going to be an option. Will be interesting to see how Paulus does. Sounds insane but he will get a look if he has success at Niagara. He has an unreal b-ball brain

Trust me I want no part of GMac as HC.
I am just giving my opinion. I have no inside information on this. I don’t want him as HC. If it had to be an assistant now I go Autry.
I just think JB is going to pull a Dean Smith. He will announce his retirement in the summer after jobs are full and a current assistant will get the job.
I just can't see the A.D. giving the keys to G-mac. He was reluctant about Hop. And Hop was twice as far along as G-mac is.

I can't see Paulus as the next Head coach. That is G-mac like
I can’t see it either but could you imagine JB’s replacement being someone who’s only direct tie to SU sports is quarterbacking the football team for a year. That would be absolute gold.

I dont think conference has a big deal to win a NC.

Does BC have a better chance than the Zags or Nova?
Really??

Over the last 20 seasons, 9 of the NC have come from the ACC. The last PAC 12 team to win was Arizona in 1997

Really??

Over the last 20 seasons, 9 of the NC have come from the ACC. The last PAC 12 team to win was Arizona in 1997

BC is in the ACC, why hasnt it helped them?

I think it does. Do you think Hop seriously considered the Pitt job two years ago when his name was mentioned?

Why didnt he interview? Why didn't he interview for UCLA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom