Adam Weitsman NIL with current SU players | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman NIL with current SU players

No problem, that’s what it’s about. I respect a guy who makes his dreams come true, he wants to be famous, and he’s paying people to make it so. I don’t think he is a bad person because of it.
Clueless. He’s not paying anyone ONE CENT for their own personal benefit, nothing nil. Try not to post on things you have no clue about. Not a cent to them personally.

Last edited:
Clueless. He’s not paying anyone ONE CENT, nothing nil. Try not to post on things you have no clue about. Not a cent to them personally.
You’re right, he only flys them out on a private jet, gives them free food, free drinks, free tickets, and donates to their charities. But yeah, he doesn’t write a check that says “to Tom Brady,” you got me!

If you don’t think this is all done to drive his own ego, then you are clueless. He is free to do whatever the hell he wants but don’t pretend like he doesn’t bring these superstars and parade them around on TV/social media because he’s just a humble and magnanimous guy.

You’re right, he only flys them out on a private jet, gives them free food, free drinks, free tickets, and donates to their charities. But yeah, he doesn’t write a check that says “to Tom Brady,” you got me!

If you don’t think this is all done to drive his own ego, then you are clueless. He is free to do whatever the hell he wants but don’t pretend like he doesn’t bring these superstars and parade them around on TV/social media because he’s just a humble and magnanimous guy.

If he does things just for his ego, then why wasn’t he screaming from the mountain tops last spring/summer when he was engaging SU athletes in NIL deals and nobody knew about them until the last couple days?

If he does things just for his ego, then why wasn’t he screaming from the mountain tops last spring/summer when he was engaging athletes in NIL deals and nobody knew about them until the last couple days?
We’re not talking about NIL, we’re talking about bringing people to the games. But on that point, was that Instagram post about Moores NIL deal not screaming it from the rooftops? Or his story in the paper about paying 1 million for top players?

Like I said, he can do whatever he wants and I am happy he is living out his dream (especially with his past). His donations are great and help the team and help the foundations, but they’re not exactly selfless actions where he receives no benefit.

I’m not sure how this is controversial at all, it’s public celebrity 101 - keep yourself in the news cycle.

Wrong again, you’re two for two. Dudes a humble and magnanimous man who also likes the spotlight, these things are not mutually exclusive. But why you ask?

Because these actions and events he’s doing/promoting are good not only for his own ego to know he’s fostering the greater good of others ($ to deserving charities they would not otherwise get), this while in many ways also being a net positive for the syracuse community as well (how many enjoyed the guys presence tonight in addition to many of the others he brings here not to mention the positive PR something like this garners for the town).

So sure it’s good for his ego to know that he’s giving a HUGE amount of $ to go to these people’s favorite charities, it’s actually good for these others so who cares it’s also a positive for him too, his ego and his interests. Man the horror and temerity of that.

If you want to get philosophical and right down to it, you, me, every single person on this planets actions are done with the benefit of ourselves in mind. EVERY. SINGLE. ACTION. Whether one is consciously aware of that or not.

Sometimes those actions are for ourselves and ourselves alone, some people combine their actions yes for their own benefit, ego whatever, this while simultaneously having those actions benefit others at the same time.

Good for the others receiving, good for giver too for their psyche, ego whatever with the physiological benefits derived from knowing they’re helping others. No harm in that.

But back to Adam, add in the ridiculous amount of money he’s now giving the university in the NIL era to help the teams, the teams we love and support, have a better chance at success.

This better chance at success and wins in turn makes him feel better and yes his ego too, and guess what, it also makes all of us happy as well as fans and as a community in general. Nothing wrong with that.

It’s a win win, what’s good for his ego in bringing these people in for games/ supporting the university the way he does with huge $ and good PR just also happens to be good for the university and us as a result.

You specifically said he pays them insinuating it’s for their own benefit, he does not. As noted through them he provides their charity of choice with a huge donation while providing them with a fully covered great time, all the while providing great good will and PR.

Good for him sure, good for us sure, good for many others too in A myriad of different ways.

Last edited:
Wrong again, you’re two for two. Dudes a humble and magnanimous man who also likes the spotlight, these things are not mutually exclusive. But why you ask?

Because these actions and events he’s doing/promoting are good for not only for his own ego to know he’s fostering the greater good of others while in many ways being a net positive for the syracuse community as well.

Also it’s good for his ego to know that he’s giving a HUGE amount of $ to these people’s favorite charities, knowing that’s a positive too, this while a positive too for him his ego and his interests. Man the horror and temerity of that.

So too the ridiculous amount of money he’s now giving the university in the NIL era to help the teams, the teams we love and support, have a better chance at success.

This better chance at success and wins in turn makes him feel better and yes his ego as well, and guess what, it makes all of us happy as well as fans and as a community in general. Nothing wrong with that.

It’s a win win, what’s good for his ego in bringing these people in for games/ supporting the university the way he does with huge $ and good PR just also happens to be good for the university and us as a result.

You specifically said he pays them, he does not. As noted he provides their charity of choice with a huge donation while providing them with a fully covered great time, all the while providing great good will and PR.

Good for him sure, good for us sure, good for many others too in A myriad of different ways.
So what you’re saying is, he’s doing it for his ego and not just out of humbleness and his magnanimous nature. Happy we can agree.

(Also, being humble and looking for the spotlight are mutually exclusive)

I never said there was no positives to his actions, there certainly are but that (as you said) doesn’t discount that bringing these actors and sports stars to games likely has far more to do with his ego than anything else - and again, that’s perfectly fine it’s his right.

I’m happy he’s laying out cash for Syracuse, I get a benefit from that but he’s not doing it solely for you or me, he’s doing it because it generates amazing PR.

And what he’s doing with the stars is called “payment in kind,” don’t resort to arguing semantics.

Last edited:
So what you’re saying is, he’s doing it for his ego and not just out of humbleness and his magnanimous nature. Happy we can agree.

I never said there was no positives to his actions, there certainly are but that (as you said) doesn’t discount that bringing these actors and sports stars to games likely has far more to do with his ego than anything else - and again, that’s perfectly fine it’s his right.

I’m happy he’s laying out cash for Syracuse, I get a benefit from that but he’s not doing it solely for you or me, he’s doing it because it generates amazing PR.

And what he’s doing with the stars is called “payment in kind,” don’t resort to arguing semantics.
Wrong again, you’re three for three now when you conclude the negative that it’s more about his ego vs doing the right thing to help others. Reverse that.

Every successful person has a healthy ego. Thank God this guys ego is just that healthy, when it’s as much about others as himself unlike too many others of similar wealth and circumstance.

And semantics ARE important. There’s no $ exchange with any of his guests for their own personal benefit or any payment in kind other than a whirlwind night out of fun.

Last edited:
I feel like the Weitsman hate is typical of Syracuse fans who love to bring down the area and community. They’re used to so much negativity. They expect the successful guys like Adam to leave, not stay and try to support the community. It’s OK to have nice things guys. Reminds me of the therapy scene from Good Will Hunting. “It’s not your fault!”

He enjoys it, so what? Jealousy and resentment are bad reactions, you should work on that.

I feel like the Weitsman hate is typical of Syracuse fans who love to bring down the area and community. They’re used to so much negativity. They expect the successful guys like Adam to leave, not stay and try to support the community. It’s OK to have nice things guys. Reminds me of the therapy scene from Good Will Hunting. “It’s not your fault!”
I was going to say this thread is very CNYian - of course realizing it doesn’t apply to everyone

Wrong again, you’re three for three now when you conclude the negative that it’s more about his ego vs doing the right thing to help others. Reverse that.

Every successful person has a healthy ego. Thank God this guys ego is just that healthy, when it’s as much about others as himself unlike too many others of similar wealth and circumstance.

And semantics ARE important. There’s no $ exchange with any of his guests for their own personal benefit or any payment in kind other than a whirlwind night out of fun.
Are you even reading what you’re saying? You’re almost arguing my point better than I am. Like read your last sentence: “There’s no $ exchange with any of his guests for their own personal benefit or any payment in kind other than a whirlwind night out of fun.” you honestly read that and say “there’s no personal benefit?” You have “fun” in the sentence! Who is having fun? It’s not the foundations donation recipients, it’s not the foundations workers/volunteers, it’s the super stars who could experience these things on their own any night of the week but some one else is footing the bill that’s the definition of payment in kind. They are the ones having fun, that’s their personal benefit. The man completes payment in kind transactions so that people like you look up to him and say “wow what an amazing man, i wonder what he’s going to do next.”

He does what he wants with his money, and that’s great.

Last edited:
He enjoys it, so what? Jealousy and resentment are bad reactions, you should work on that.
There is 0 jealousy or resentment… I have said it in literally every comment but the first - I am happy he is living out his dream, I am happy he is able to do what he does. Sorry I’m not creepily bowing down to him and pretending he is some messenger of god doing works on par with Christ himself. He can do positive things while also stroking his ego, that is literally what the super rich do all the time. Bringing some TV star from Yellowstone does a lot more for him (making you all talk about him and getting his name in the local paper), then it does for the university. That’s not a bad thing, and I have never said it was.

Last edited:
I don't give a flying duck why he does it. He's our Buddy Garrity and I love it.
Buddy.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't give a flying duck why he does it. He's our Buddy Garrity and I love it.
That’s the point though! He does it for his ego and that’s fine! It benefits him, it benefits those around him it’s a win-win. I am happy he supports the program and the community, I never said otherwise and I hope he keeps doing so. All I did was point out to another commenter that this actor being invited was likely moreso for his ego than it was attracting 16-17 year old basketball players to the program (as was his question). People are getting all upset because they immediately connect stroking one’s ego to being a bad person, two things that are not inextricably linked.

Because these actions and events he’s doing/promoting are good not only for his own ego to know he’s fostering the greater good of others ($ to deserving charities they would not otherwise get), this while in many ways also being a net positive for the syracuse community as well (how many enjoyed the guys presence tonight in addition to many of the others he brings here not to mention the positive PR something like this garners for the town).

So sure it’s good for his ego to know that he’s giving a HUGE amount of $ to go to these people’s favorite charities, it’s actually good for these others so who cares it’s also a positive for him too, his ego and his interests. Man the horror and temerity of that.

If you want to get philosophical and right down to it, you, me, every single person on this planets actions are done with the benefit of ourselves in mind. EVERY. SINGLE. ACTION.

Sometimes those actions are for ourselves and ourselves alone, some people combine their actions yes for their own benefit, ego whatever, this while simultaneously having those actions benefit others at the same time.

Good for the others receiving, good for giver too for their psyche, ego whatever knowing they’re helping others. No harm in that.

But back to Adam, add in the ridiculous amount of money he’s now giving the university in the NIL era to help the teams, the teams we love and support, have a better chance at success.

This better chance at success and wins in turn makes him feel better and yes his ego too, and guess what, it also makes all of us happy as well as fans and as a community in general. Nothing wrong with that.

You specifically said he pays them insinuating it’s for their own benefit, he does not. As noted through them he provides their charity of choice with a huge donation while providing them with a fully covered great time, all the while providing great good will and PR.

Best post I’ve read today; thank you for sharing your thoughts

That’s the point though! He does it for his ego and that’s fine! It benefits him, it benefits those around him it’s a win-win. I am happy he supports the program and the community, I never said otherwise and I hope he keeps doing so. All I did was point out to another commenter that this actor being invited was likely moreso for his ego than it was attracting 16-17 year old basketball players to the program (as was his question). People are getting all upset because they immediately connect stroking one’s ego to being a bad person, two things that are not inextricably linked.

Maybe it was to attract a football player.

Maybe it was to attract a football player.

Sometimes I feel like people formulate their responses before even reading the comment… ffs…

“All I did was point out to another commenter that this actor being invited was likely moreso for his ego than it was attracting 16-17 year old basketball players to the program (as was his question).”

Could he be trying to attract an unrated football recruit, sure! Is that completely unrelated to the question at hand? You betcha.

Are you even reading what you’re saying? You’re almost arguing my point better than I am. Like read your last sentence: “There’s no $ exchange with any of his guests for their own personal benefit or any payment in kind other than a whirlwind night out of fun.” you honestly read that and say “there’s no personal benefit?” You have “fun” in the sentence! Who is having fun? It’s not the foundations donation recipients, it’s not the foundations workers/volunteers, it’s the super stars who could experience these things on their own any night of the week but some one else is footing the bill that’s the definition of payment in kind. They are the ones having fun, that’s their personal benefit. The man completes payment in kind transactions so that people like you look up to him and say “wow what an amazing man, i wonder what he’s going to do next.”

He does what he wants with his money, and that’s great.
Here’s the difference(s), it’s now semantics and it’s been said several times now by both of us.

Yes there’s “personal benefit” with the whole experience, obviously; no there’s no “personal FINANCIAL Benefit” that’s tangible/fungible padding their bank accounts as you initially explicitly suggested above that I responded to correcting you starting this whole thing, period end of story.

The other difference is your speculating based on no fact nor firsthand experience(s), basing your speculative, and is this case erroneous conclusion that his primary motivation is more or purely selfish vs the opposite, this based on your own belief system that must be true for your own reality.

Here, as mentioned several times now, you’re simply wrong and misguided to be wrong in your conclusion, this apparently and logically based on your own glass half empty worldview and negative personal beliefs on human character. It’s simply not accurate here with Adam.

Last edited:
Yup. I wish the negative people would leave.

The Syracuse narrative is starting to change. Mezzolingua (JMA) could easily have gone elsewhere, but he decided to keep his business here. Micron will be another huge supporter of the university both academically and athletically. Adam is giving SU a punchers chance to stay competitive in hoops and football. If SU keeps supporting the programs, we will stay very competitive.

Sometimes I feel like people formulate their responses before even reading the comment… ffs…

“All I did was point out to another commenter that this actor being invited was likely moreso for his ego than it was attracting 16-17 year old basketball players to the program (as was his question).”

Could he be trying to attract an unrated football recruit, sure! Is that completely unrelated to the question at hand? You betcha.

LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom