Adam Weitsman NIL with current SU players | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman NIL with current SU players

The Syracuse narrative is starting to change. Mezzolingua (JMA) could easily have gone elsewhere, but he decided to keep his business here. Micron will be another huge supporter of the university both academically and athletically. Adam is giving SU a punchers chance to stay competitive in hoops and football. If SU keeps supporting the programs, we will stay very competitive.
There’s a lot of those same negative people btching about those projects as well.

There is 0 jealousy or resentment… I have said it in literally every comment but the first - I am happy he is living out his dream, I am happy he is able to do what he does. Sorry I’m not creepily bowing down to him and pretending he is some messenger of god doing works on par with Christ himself. He can do positive things while also stroking his ego, that is literally what the super rich do all the time. Bringing some TV star from Yellowstone does a lot more for him (making you all talk about him and getting his name in the local paper), then it does for the university. That’s not a bad thing, and I have never said it was.
Considering the consistent negative shade on every discussion of this topic I ain’t buying it.

Here’s the difference(s), it’s now semantics and it’s been said several times now by both of us.

Yes there’s “personal benefit” with the whole experience, obviously; no there’s no “personal FINANCIAL Benefit” that’s tangible/fungible padding their bank accounts as you initially explicitly suggested above that I responded to correcting you starting this whole thing, period end of story.

The other difference is your speculating based on no fact nor firsthand experience(s), basing your speculative, and is this case erroneous conclusion that his primary motivation is more or purely selfish vs the opposite, this based on your own belief system that must be true for your own reality.

Here, as mentioned several times now, you’re simply wrong and misguided to be wrong in your conclusion, this apparently and logically based on your own glass half empty worldview and negative personal beliefs on human character. It’s simply not accurate here with Adam.
Now you’re just putting words in my mouth... I never once said his actions were purely out of selfishness, in fact I’ve said the opposite nearly every message. Despite that though, you continue to make my argument for me, perhaps if you took a deep breath and read your messages you would see that you’re largely arguing with yourself…

You want to hero worship this guy and think he’s doing this purely out of selflessness, then that’s your opinion and you’re free to express it just like I’m free to express mine. There is evidence to support both sides and so long as none of us are in Adams head, we cannot really understand his true intentions.

Now you’re just putting words in my mouth... I never once said his actions were purely out of selfishness, in fact I’ve said the opposite nearly every message. Despite that though, you continue to make my argument for me, perhaps if you took a deep breath and read your messages you would see that you’re largely arguing with yourself…

You want to hero worship this guy and think he’s doing this purely out of selflessness, then that’s your opinion and you’re free to express it just like I’m free to express mine. There is evidence to support both sides and so long as none of us are in Adams head, we cannot really understand his true intentions.
He wants CNY to be successful unlike half the population that lives here.

Considering the consistent negative shade on every discussion of this topic I ain’t buying it.
“Ain’t buying” what? Adam is just another person to me, I don’t dislike him, I don’t like him, I’m frankly quite indifferent. I’m not the one getting all upset over calling a spade a spade. Perhaps it’s less that I’m jealous and more that some people are too naive to see the nuance in this kind of self promotion.

He wants CNY to be successful unlike half the population that lives here.
So does everyone, no one wants CNY to fail. The world isn't black and white, AW can want the area to be successful while also promoting his own personal brand. They’re not mutually exclusive. Pretending like you have to grovel at a billionaires’ feet or else you’re rooting for CNY to fail is discounting the hard work of the other 400,000+ residents who make this area great.

My wife is a Yellowstone honk and says Weitsman is an executive producer on some film Hauser is doing in NYC.
That's correct. There is a relationship there.

Here’s the difference(s), it’s now semantics and it’s been said several times now by both of us.

Yes there’s “personal benefit” with the whole experience, obviously; no there’s no “personal FINANCIAL Benefit” that’s tangible/fungible padding their bank accounts as you initially explicitly suggested above that I responded to correcting you starting this whole thing, period end of story.

The other difference is your speculating based on no fact nor firsthand experience(s), basing your speculative, and is this case erroneous conclusion that his primary motivation is more or purely selfish vs the opposite, this based on your own belief system that must be true for your own reality.

Here, as mentioned several times now, you’re simply wrong and misguided to be wrong in your conclusion, this apparently and logically based on your own glass half empty worldview and negative personal beliefs on human character. It’s simply not accurate here with Adam.

This dude is basically Marty's cousin...

Man, some interesting comments here. Okay, since I've gotten to know Adam, here's my take. Number one, he's humble. Number two, he's wealthy. Number three, he's owned up to past transgressions and acknowledges his mistakes. Number four, sure, he likes some spotlight. All good in my book. Number five, he genuinely cares about the CNY community, giving back to charities, and investing dollars in NIL to help SU sports teams be good. I'm not his best friend, but I got a lot of respect for him. Why folks are trashing him here, trashing him bringing celebrities to games (particularly when they don't know the whole context), is disappointing.

So does everyone, no one wants CNY to fail. The world isn't black and white, AW can want the area to be successful while also promoting his own personal brand. They’re not mutually exclusive. Pretending like you have to grovel at a billionaires’ feet or else you’re rooting for CNY to fail is discounting the hard work of the other 400,000+ residents who make this area great.
No. There’s people that hate progress here. Read any Syracuse.com comments section on facebook for any article about new development. There’s some of those people that post here.

Adam is not one of those people.

All you do is pick dumb fights with asinine posts in every thread. UConn troll or need a hobby?

Man, some interesting comments here. Okay, since I've gotten to know Adam, here's my take. Number one, he's humble. Number two, he's wealthy. Number three, he's owned up to past transgressions and acknowledges his mistakes. Number four, sure, he likes some spotlight. All good in my book. Number five, he genuinely cares about the CNY community, giving back to charities, and investing dollars in NIL to help SU sports teams be good. I'm not his best friend, but I got a lot of respect for him. Why folks are trashing him here, trashing him bringing celebrities to games (particularly when they don't know the whole context), is disappointing.

Don't worry 181 knows better... just ask him.

No. There’s people that hate progress here. Read any Syracuse.com comments section on facebook for any article about new development.
I don’t read those so I cannot comment

I feel like the Weitsman hate is typical of Syracuse fans who love to bring down the area and community. They’re used to so much negativity. They expect the successful guys like Adam to leave, not stay and try to support the community. It’s OK to have nice things guys. Reminds me of the therapy scene from Good Will Hunting. “It’s not your fault!”
People will always be skeptical because of the fed time he did. It is what it is.

So being appreciative of his efforts = hero worship. Got it.

“Ain’t buying” what? Adam is just another person to me, I don’t dislike him, I don’t like him, I’m frankly quite indifferent. I’m not the one getting all upset over calling a spade a spade. Perhaps it’s less that I’m jealous and more that some people are too naive to see the nuance in this kind of self promotion.
Your volume of posting on this topic shows anything but indifference.

Assuming the most self aggrandizing motivation for his actions, what difference does it make? Does that negate any benefits of those actions?

Do you think it’s some kind of grif?

Assuming the most self aggrandizing motivation for his actions, what difference does it make? Does that negate any benefits of those actions?

My take is that if people are turned off by Adam's "self-promotion" on social media, etc., that's fair. So be it. But to me, it doesn't negate what he's trying to do for SU and the greater CNY community.

I gotta be honest, it’s kind of weird to me he brings these people to the dome whatever the reasons for them.

I don’t mind it. It’s just weird. Outside of grabbing a bball player that can hang with the team.

I mean, dude is clearly a star lover and likes publicity. I don’t care about that at all. Do what you want.

Just let me know when we bring in recruits that he locks down. Happy he’s helping SU.

My take is that if people are turned off by Adam's "self-promotion" on social media, etc., that's fair. So be it. But to me, it doesn't negate what he's trying to do for SU and the greater CNY community.

Those taking issue with him also seem to not grasp that there is an imbalance in what it takes to bring attention to certain markets. We are a private school in CNY. CNY means very little to anyone nationally. Syracuse as a city is an after thought unless you are a college sports junkie. So if someone isn't willing to stand up and make sure people know there are big things going on then it's not going to happen.

This is also not something novel. There are wealthy members of smaller communities all across the country that do their best on varying scales to do the same thing. So the selfish ego take is honestly a pretty sad and sour grapes. Not to mention the passive aggressive "happy for the guy" explanation. Lack of perspective is what it comes down to.

I will also add that I completely understand those who aren't fans of his- no sainthood in getting to his level of success and usually some questionable ethics in said business decisions. The ego take around SU sports though I don't buy.

That’s the point! That’s been my point this entire thread! It doesn’t diminish the impact so recognizing the role of self promotion and ego doesn’t negate what he’s done, it just recognizes reality.

Talk about a strawman, who’s groveling?

So being appreciative of his efforts = hero worship. Got it.
Not at all, but I think if you read through a certain individuals messages with a critical eye, you would see there is far more than gratitude and is leaning into hero-worship territory.

Talk about a strawman, who’s groveling?
I mean, here I am making the most basic argument of self promotion and you have people commenting that it means I want CNY to fail… if you can’t criticize someone without being labeled a “hater” or “jealous” then you might as well not even look at the guy lest you be seen as disrespecting him.

That’s the point! That’s been my point this entire thread! It doesn’t diminish the impact so recognizing the role of self promotion and ego doesn’t negate what he’s done, it just recognizes reality.

I’m pretty sure he knows and has a relationship with everyone he’s brought to games. And by doing so, he brings pub to the team. How many times do announcers talk about who’s at the game? They talk more about the guests than they do Adam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom