Better Call Saul | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

Another great episode.

Only problem for me at the end was the “I hope Nacho kills somebody….damnit, all these guys were in Breaking Bad” realization.

I watched Breaking Bad for the first time in between the end of season 5 and beginning of season 6, so I have to check myself on my timelines sometimes. Had that same realization in that final scene as well.

Hope nobody ventures in without watching as easy for spoilers

I'm almost caught up. Watched S5, E8 last night. Bagman. Had such Sopranos Pine Barrens vibes. They did an incredible job with that episode.
I think I'd prefer the 10 year old ketchup packets, but you gotta do what you gotta do

Thought Jesse was like mid 20s when BB started. Remember Walt was his former teacher when they first ran into each other.
The latest Better Call Saul timeline has things at 2004, based on a displayed check that one of the Kettelemans (spelling?) showed. That's still 4 years shy of when Breaking Bad began (real time 2008). I just don't see why Jesse would have any relevance. But it wouldn't bother or surprise me if Walt and Jesse were featured to tip their hats us faithful. I only didn't see much plot relevance, given the introductory nature of the first two episodes of BB.

The latest Better Call Saul timeline has things at 2004, based on a displayed check that one of the Kettelemans (spelling?) showed. That's still 4 years shy of when Breaking Bad began (real time 2008). I just don't see why Jesse would have any relevance. But it wouldn't bother or surprise me if Walt and Jesse were featured to tip their hats us faithful. I only didn't see much plot relevance, given the introductory nature of the first two episodes of BB.
Aren't they doing this season in two chunks?

Wouldn't surprise me if this first part resolves with the full-fledged turn to Saul Goodman, and the second part is Saul during and after the Breaking Bad timeline.

In other words, who says this last season has to all occur on a single timeline the whole time?

We still need resolution for Cinnabon Gene!

I was under the impression that Breaking Bad took place circa 2004? Those flip phones they were using were dinosaurs in 2008, from what I remember. Could be wrong.

Kim is getting really manipulative.

There’s a fate for her that is worse than dying this season. She is quickly evolving from someone you root for to an early version of Season 5 Walter White.

Kim is getting really manipulative.

There’s a fate for her that is worse than dying this season. She is quickly evolving from someone you root for to an early version of Season 5 Walter White.

It’s interesting to see her become the driving force behind Jimmy transforming into Saul. I mean, there were signs in earlier seasons that it was possible that’s what would happen, but it’s still somewhat jarring to see play out.

I know one thing - I’m ready to see Lalo take a more prominent role this season. That guy’s charisma is off the charts.
One of my favorite characters in any show I have watched, for sure. Which is wild considering he's a killer. Shame we did not even get more.

One of my favorite characters in any show I have watched, for sure. Which is wild considering he's a killer. Shame we did not even get more.

Lalo is the best. You could tell from his first scene, cooking in the back and singing.

I do like his 2 cousins too though. The boots, the suits, the general badassery.

Episode 3 left me a little sad.

I know one thing - I’m ready to see Lalo take a more prominent role this season. That guy’s charisma is off the charts.
That actor was good in Hawkeye too.

Lalo is the best. You could tell from his first scene, cooking in the back and singing.

I do like his 2 cousins too though. The boots, the suits, the general badassery.

Episode 3 left me a little sad.
Yeah it hit close to home.

They always remind me of Pedro’s cousins.
Napoleon Dynamite What GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Aren't they doing this season in two chunks?

Wouldn't surprise me if this first part resolves with the full-fledged turn to Saul Goodman, and the second part is Saul during and after the Breaking Bad timeline.

In other words, who says this last season has to all occur on a single timeline the whole time?

We still need resolution for Cinnabon Gene!
Gene at the mall - definitely.

They could have done your split scenario, but still had to clean up or address all the Howard/Kim/local law stuff, and the still big gulf between uncertain Jimmy and wildly confident and splurgy Saul. Unless the writers do skip to early BB, and use flashbacks or something, there's a lot of ground to cover. But these writers...wow.

I was under the impression that Breaking Bad took place circa 2004? Those flip phones they were using were dinosaurs in 2008, from what I remember. Could be wrong.
They were kind of outdated, but I used my little Motorola flips until 2020 (for less nefarious reasons). And many used them because some are considered "burners," then, and now. Trump was encouraged to use them when trying to direct the coup attempt, and Jimmy McGill spread them all over Albuquerque's underground when he got tired of low sales at the phone store at the strip mall, and saw an opportunity for a direct hotline for arrestees to reach him.

One thing I noticed in the early episodes of the new season--when you get the warnings in the corner, one of them read 'suicide'. Now that I've watched this entire batch, I don't recall any suicides. Something to tuck away.

As to Kim, she and Jimmy bonded over their love for the con and the scam. Can't wait to see what they do to--oops, no spoilers.

BTW, those commercials that Jimmy cut were hysterical. Haven't laughed so hard in quite awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom