Better Call Saul | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

Another Hitchcock device. Keeps the plot moving but you’re not supposed to consider the logic of it. My wife was wondering what happened to Lalo while I was wondering how did he end up locating Margarethe?

Didn't Lalo get info from the TravelWire clerk he whacked when he was tracking Mike? He was tracking Mike while Mike was pursuing Werner on the lam.

I am also rewatching this show and I’m onto S3, so I’m struggling keeping track of what is what as I also keep up with S6 lol

I’m a bit confused about who the guy is with the cast that Saul saw in the store.

I was too, last night. But re-watched re-membered. He's the Sandpiper judge and part of the D-Day plan. They've shown bits and pieces of what they're going to do, but no clue yet how they bring it all together.

A lot of setup in this half season, next week should be really good.

Is it weird that I'm as much of a neat freak as Howard Hamlin? (don't answer that, but I loved him wiping up his wife's coffee spill).

I have no idea where all the Lalo stuff is going, but supremely confident in the show runners that it'll pay off.

I was too, last night. But re-watched re-membered. He's the Sandpiper judge and part of the D-Day plan. They've shown bits and pieces of what they're going to do, but no clue yet how they bring it all together.

Is it weird that I'm as much of a neat freak as Howard Hamlin? (don't answer that, but I loved him wiping up his wife's coffee spill).
Interesting sidebar. The guy they recruited to impersonate the judge is John Ennis, a regular on the old Mr. Show (with Bob and David). Taking it to another level, Erin Brill, the somewhat obnoxious lawyer at Davis and Main that can’t stand Jimmy is played by Jessie Ennis who happens to be John Ennis’ daughter.

Last edited:

Yeah has he been introduced this season or are we supposed to remember him from S5?

Also is this the first time we've seen Howard's wife?

Yeah has he been introduced this season or are we supposed to remember him from S5?

Introduced from last week's episode. Kim gets the name from her lunch meeting with Viola, and then shows Jimmy the picture after his boxing match. That's when they comment about the mustache and hoping he doesn't shave it.

(I'm not Rain Man, I had to go back and re-watch because I have TV show A.D.D.).

I think he's new, and I think that is the first time we saw Howard's wife.

Have that exact Breville espresso maker. Was excited to see I have the same taste as Howard.

That Lalo fake out was savage.

Man, that guy is so good.

I don't know about all of you, but if a guy with a gun is looking for me, and I manage to sneak up on him with an axe, I know which side of that axe I'm hitting him with.

The Salamancas are survivors. At least in this show.

I don't know about all of you, but if a guy with a gun is looking for me, and I manage to sneak up on him with an axe, I know which side of that axe I'm hitting him with.

The Salamancas are survivors. At least in this show.

That, and…..pick up the gun that he dropped, back up, and point it at him until you get your answers.

Lalo’s performance in faking injury was top notch. Had me thinking “ok, I doubt they kill him off here, but maybe this injury makes him an easy target. Kinda like Omar when he jacked his leg up in The Wire.”

That Lalo fake out was savage.

Man, that guy is so good.
That actually really annoyed me.

But that's because I don't find the "force of nature" kind of character very interesting.

After that, Lalo is pretty ridiculous. And not in the fun way he was before.

That actually really annoyed me.

But that's because I don't find the "force of nature" kind of character very interesting.

After that, Lalo is pretty ridiculous. And not in the fun way he was before.

I know what you mean, but in this case I thought it was plausible. Guy clubbed him, but apparantly didn’t get him with the sharp part. Lalo plays up the injury to get him to let his guard down.

If it was some WWF Undertaker, “he’s impervious to pain!” BS, I’d be with you, but I didn’t see it like that?

Wonder if coffee/caffeine somehow plays a role in whatever Kim and Jimmy have in store for Howard.

That Duran Duran song (Reflex) seemed out of time a bit. The lyrics seem to describe Kim's bad tendencies, but the girl playing her seemed too young at that time (1984?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom