Better Call Saul | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

!!

That episode was peak Breaking Bad level intensity. I need to go for a walk or something.

It's funny, not a whole lot happened in that episode. But it was an edge of your seat episode from start to finish.

This isn't a spoiler, but because there's always something zany that I love. In this episode, it was the Gus call to Lyle, the Los Pollos Hermanos manager. I wish every employee was like him.

Last edited:
It's funny, not a whole lot happened in that episode. But it was an edge of your seat episode from start to finish.

This isn't a spoiler, but because there's always something zany that I love, in this episode, it was the Gus call to Lyle, the Los Pollos Hermanos manager. I wish every employee was like him.

It was... awesome. Worth the wait.

To your point -- even that scene where Mike relays the instructions at the end, kind of mundane in the big picture, but captivating. Because what he was telling them to do and how events would unfold was anything BUT mundane.

Last edited:
I was hoping for more lalo the rest of the way given how great his character is

Ditto. Reminds me of when Ignacio was killed earlier this season -- you've grown so attached to the exceptional portrayal of the characters, that it is difficult to envision the show continuing without them.

Problem is, we know that this prequel has some loose ends to tie up -- and now we know what happened to Lalo.

But in the main, I agree. Tony Dalton was awesome, and his disarming nature made that character seem even more malevolent with the way he's smile and be charming while holding others at gunpoint.

Ditto. Reminds me of when Ignacio was killed earlier this season -- you've grown so attached to the exceptional portrayal of the characters, that it is difficult to envision the show continuing without them.

Problem is, we know that this prequel has some loose ends to tie up -- and now we know what happened to Lalo.

But in the main, I agree. Tony Dalton was awesome, and his disarming nature made that character seem even more malevolent with the way he's smile and be charming while holding others at gunpoint.

It's interesting that Saul seems to still think that Lalo is still somehow alive. I mean, I guess Mike didn't outright say he's dead and buried, but it was pretty strongly implied. That scene in Breaking Bad where he says "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio! Did Lalo send you?" makes it apparent that he still thinks Lalo may be roaming around out there somewhere.

I wonder if we've started to see the timelines of BCS and BB converge. Like perhaps that scene from BB only occurred weeks after Lalo was taken out. /SPOILER]

It's interesting that Saul seems to still think that Lalo is still somehow alive. I mean, I guess Mike didn't outright say he's dead and buried, but it was pretty strongly implied. That scene in Breaking Bad where he says "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio! Did Lalo send you?" makes it apparent that he still thinks Lalo may be roaming around out there somewhere.

I wonder if we've started to see the timelines of BCS and BB converge. Like perhaps that scene from BB only occurred weeks after Lalo was taken out. /SPOILER]
In fairness, he had already told him he was dead once and then like a ghost he came and murdered someone in his apartment...unless he sees a dead body I have to imagine that there will always be a part of his subconscious that Lalo the Boogeyman will come for him.

In fairness, he had already told him he was dead once and then like a ghost he came and murdered someone in his apartment...unless he sees a dead body I have to imagine that there will always be a part of his subconscious that Lalo the Boogeyman will come for him.

True, good point.

Anybody know how many episodes left?

Makes me wonder if they're going to spend the next 1-3 episodes crossing over the Breaking Bad timeline and then perhaps jump forward the last 2-3 for a peek into Omaha Gene's world.

Makes me wonder if they're going to spend the next 1-3 episodes crossing over the Breaking Bad timeline and then perhaps jump forward the last 2-3 for a peek into Omaha Gene's world.
5 more

I'm guessing that they are going to advance the plot, to wrap up what happens post Howard / Lalo, and to tie up some loose ends [i.e., Kim Wexler] that don't extend into BB.

And over the last 2 or 3 episodes, they will mix in the flashbacks to see who that taxi driver is, why / how he made Saul, and bring that "present" plot to it's conclusion, wrapping up what Saul's eventual fate ends up being.

These "flash-forwards" were very prominent in the first few seasons of the prequel, but absent the last few. But based upon how BB ended, I assume whatever happens to "Gene" is going to be suitably epic.

Last edited:

Seems like it. Doesn’t seem to be much, if anything, left to tell in terms of Gus and the Salamancas.

Seems like it. Doesn’t seem to be much, if anything, left to tell in terms of Gus and the Salamancas.

That's what I'm thinking.

Not enough meat left on that bone and not enough time to develop new characters or subplots in the customary BB/BCS fashion.

I'd love to see Tony Dalton nominated for something for Lalo.

He has made BCS for me - the perfect combo of charm and psychopath.

Read an interview with Tony Dalton after this last episode, and was surprised to see that he was only on the show for a little over two seasons. He seems so integral to the plot, it hard to wrap my head around him coming in so late -- but he did.

Testimony to the phenomenal portrayal of that character that he was so memorable and important. In a cast with such outstanding talent, he really stood out. Also, it sounds like the writers intended Lalo to be a lot less nuanced -- they envisioned him as more of a trope / bloodthirsty Salamanca, but Dalton brought the gas and made him charming / interesting -- and the writers responded by then writing him that way, and expanding his role in the show.

Another testimony to his acting chops.

EDIT -- here it is: How Tony Dalton made himself indispensable to 'Better Call Saul'

Last edited:
Ok, once this wraps up….let’s get a Badger and Skinny Pete spin-off? Can start with the cops visiting looking for Jesse, and go from there.

Btw, saw today since the Emmy nominations came out that Better Call Saul has never won a Primetime Emmy. 42 previous nominations, 0 wins. Insane. At least Rhea Seehorn has finally been nominated this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom