Better Call Saul | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

Very cool review -- interesting to hear that expert's take.

Thank you for posting!
Carol Burnet as Kim’s mom? The mom has showed up in a few episodes where Kim is a teenager. I don’t remember Kim saying what ultimately happened to her.

We remember in Breaking Bad when Saul misread the files and initially thought Badger was the “public masturbator”, right? Lol. I need next week to be here NOW. These writers are so good.

Sad episode. Incredible, but sad.

It's incredible -- on a show with an amazingly memorable cast of characters, portrayed by phenomenal actors that have been intermittently woven in and out of the show over the years, it appears that only Kim is going to get a "happy" ending out of all the "main charactrs."

Ignacio's story ended in tragedy.

Chuck's story ended in tragedy.

Howard's story ended in tragedy.

Lalo's story ended in tragedy.

Gus and Mike overcame short term obstacles, but we know where things are going for them.

And it looks like while Saul might have been far better off materially than I ever thought he'd achieve before this season, that things took a turn for the worse in his life after Kim left him, given the last five minutes of the episode.

Pretty interesting way to have Kim exit. Also explains why she is conspicuously absent from BB. Kim regaining her moral compass and removing herself from the situation, while sad, is a fitting and satisfying conclusion to her character's story arc, in the aftermath of Howard's murder.

I'm assuming that we'll never see her again, but will be interesting to see if the writers work her into any of the final four episodes in some capacity, perhaps to the present day flash forward.

Last edited:

It's incredible -- on a show with an amazingly memorable cast of characters, portrayed by phenomenal actors that have been intermittently woven in and out of the show over the years, it appears that only Kim is going to get a "happy" ending out of all the "main charactrs."

Ignacio's story ended in tragedy.

Chuck's story ended in tragedy.

Howard's story ended in tragedy.

Lalo's story ended in tragedy.

Gus and Mike overcame short term obstacles, but we know where things are going for them.

And it looks like while Saul might have been far better off materially than I ever thought he'd achieve before this season, that things took a turn for the worse in his life after Kim left him, given the last five minutes of the episode.

Pretty interesting way to have Kim exit. Also explains why she is conspicuously absent from BB. Kim regaining her moral compass and removing herself from the situation, while sad, is a fitting and satisfying conclusion to her character's story arc, in the aftermath of Howard's murder.

I'm assuming that we'll never see her again, but will be interesting to see if the writers work her into any of the final four episodes in some capacity, perhaps to the present day flash forward.
it wouldn't surprise me if Kim and Gene have a reunion of some kind

it wouldn't surprise me if Kim and Gene have a reunion of some kind
That's my friend's take. He thinks that Saul/Gene is trying to find Kim in Nebraska, where she grew up. After last episode, my initial predictions are off. I thought Tuco would be entering the picture, and Kim would use the vacuum guy to disappear. I believed that Kim would not be killed off. It is also unclear whether there will be a big time jump as implied in the last episode by showing Saul in full form in his mansion and Cadillac. This last episode could have been how the show wrapped up, and I have no idea how the next 4 episodes will go.

That's my friend's take. He thinks that Saul/Gene is trying to find Kim in Nebraska, where she grew up. After last episode, my initial predictions are off. I thought Tuco would be entering the picture, and Kim would use the vacuum guy to disappear. I believed that Kim would not be killed off. It is also unclear whether there will be a big time jump as implied in the last episode by showing Saul in full form in his mansion and Cadillac. This last episode could have been how the show wrapped up, and I have no idea how the next 4 episodes will go.
I was hoping for Lalo, Tuco, and the twins all together for a scene.

Will be interesting to see how they work Carol Burnet into the narrative. The only thing that's out there is her character's name is Marion. I'm thinking maybe Kim's mom? I went back and looked at credits and Kim's mom in those episodes is listed as "Mrs. Wexler".

Do we think that was the end of Kim's story? I didn't really get that impression. I'm also not sure whether or not that time jump is where we are going to pick up the remaining episodes at.
A reviewer said the series could go down as one of the GOATs if it sticks the landing. I consider the answers to your questions to be the keys to whether or not that happens.

A reviewer said the series could go down as one of the GOATs if it sticks the landing. I consider the answers to your questions to be the keys to whether or not that happens.
It's already one of the best ever, which is the crazy thing. At this point it's a matter of can it be the best, which is very possible.

It's already one of the best ever, which is the crazy thing. At this point it's a matter of can it be the best, which is very possible.
Yeah, short of an absolute clunker end like GoT or Lost I just don't see it losing standing, and Gilligan won't let that happen.

*I never watched GoT and even I know the end ruined it for a lot of people.

Yeah, short of an absolute clunker end like GoT or Lost I just don't see it losing standing, and Gilligan won't let that happen.

*I never watched GoT and even I know the end ruined it for a lot of people.
This will be impossible to mess up. Too much consistency and ridiculously good writing.

GoT was on pace to be in that tier and unfortunately, it just couldn't maintain that momentum built over 6+ seasons due to a drop off in writing and inconsistent storylines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom