Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're basing this off your opinion? Because everyone else has the opinion that he is a 5. Just saying.
He plays more like Lydon or Donte Green than Baye. But, hey, in our system, Marek is a 'sometimes 5.'

So you're basing this off your opinion? Because everyone else has the opinion that he is a 5. Just saying.

Not my opinion. It’s whats on his film. He plays away from the basket. Don’t see him playing C. Of course he could play inside like Lydon and Marek did/do. Doesn’t make them a center.

Not my opinion. It’s whats on his film. He plays away from the basket. Don’t see him playing C. Of course he could play inside like Lydon and Marek did/do. Doesn’t make them a center.
I can tell you what I’ve heard. He’s a player who currently has more of a stretch skill set, but who prefers to play traditional center. He wants to play inside, but doesn’t have the body / skills yet. He most definitely projects as a 5 here, who could play some 4.but because he’s versatile, he could move to the 4 if we get a legit post player.

Our centers stink that's obvious and (from what I'm hearing on this board) not entertaining QG to come here is baffling to me given how Howard is playing. We have to do what's necessary to change and get better.

I can tell you what I’ve heard. He’s a player who currently has more of a stretch skill set, but who prefers to play traditional center. He wants to play inside, but doesn’t have the body / skills yet. He most definitely projects as a 5 here, who could play some 4.but because he’s versatile, he could move to the 4 if we get a legit post player.

The video we have here shows him shooting jumper after jumper. Is there any of him actually playing center?

The video we have here shows him shooting jumper after jumper. Is there any of him actually playing center?
After dropping back in and only reading recent comments, I got confused. The talk of the player who looks like a 4 is AJAK, not Wahab. Wahab definitely looks like a center.

After dropping back in and only reading recent comments, I got confused. The talk of the player who looks like a 4 is AJAK, not Wahab. Wahab definitely looks like a center.

yea, that's what I meant. I see ajak as more a 4.

The real question is why is it so hard for us to get big men who catch ball , everyone we play has better big men, how do we fix this?

The real question is why is it so hard for us to get big men who catch ball , everyone we play has better big men, how do we fix this?

It’s the system. The JB zone ideal 6’11-7’0 studs won’t come here regardless. We can’t and won’t play modern position-less ball and/or have a diesel PF type manning the middle. Length first and foremost so we get the beanpoles further down the trough/sloppy seconds-thirds who are raw.

We would be totally fine with a Perkins-type of UB as a C, IMO. Watch him destroy our frontline tomorrow.

Last edited:
Give me a center with a sweet hook
Give me a center that can jump and dunk. We need to get back to having a more athletic player manning the middle to help on both ends. A 7’ guy is nice but if he can’t jump or lacks athleticism, how helpful is he?

So he’s a 5 here then...

I will say this about Ajak. He was ranked in the top 50 in 2017 according to 2 4 7. Let's hope his upside reflects that.

Per twitter rumblings looks like he's down to Uconn, Pitt and G-town. No real surprise unfortunately. Time to move on to Carrigan or someone else.

As plan D's go, we could do worse than Carrigan..

Yeah for sure. I’d take him in a heartbeat. It’s dire straits with recruiting at that position. Not good. Whether JBA is a 4 or 5, we won’t be seeing results from him until over yonder.

As plan D's go, we could do worse than Carrigan..

The fact that we are on Plan D at a position that is by far (IMO) our most pressing need is troublesome, to say the least.

(Preface this by assuming Stewart goes elsewhere.)

I think the lack of a big man coach is why you see what you have from our centers
:vomit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors