Carey / Washington / Howard update... | Syracusefan.com

Carey / Washington / Howard update...

Howard’s progress is disappointing. Hoped to at least have him back for UConn. That appears doubtful.

We can beat them without him. We will be double digit favorites with Carey.

That said I don't know why people take these reports as gospel when Carey was supposed to be out another 2 weeks Friday and all of a sudden he's probably.

We can beat them without him. We will be double digit favorites with Carey.

That said I don't know why people take these reports as gospel when Carey was supposed to be out another 2 weeks Friday and all of a sudden he's probably.

We CAN beat them. But it’s less certain without Howard. Carey isn’t a true PG, he’s a freshman and he’ll be rusty.

It should be noted that KenPom has us as 12 point favorites against UConn in the Garden and that is most likely what Vegas will have it.

I think its weird that people are worrying about UConn. Eastern Washington was better than UConn last year, and is bringing more back than UConn is (4 starters), and as a result will most likely also be better than UConn this year. And that game is tomorrow.

But the game we've got a day after UConn is the one we should really be looking at. First of all, it will most likely be against the #14 tram in the country, Oregon. Second its one of only two chances we have to get a marquee non-confrence win. Third, it will be the second game in two days, so depth will be more critical, and any lingering injuries will be more affected.

I obviously don't know when our guys should come back, I just hope Cuse can be playing at something close to full strength for Oregon.

I think its weird that people are worrying about UConn. Eastern Washington was better than UConn last year, and is bringing more back than UConn is (4 starters), and as a result will most likely also be better than UConn this year. And that game is tomorrow.

But the game we've got a day after UConn is the one we should really be looking at. First of all, it will most likely be against the #14 tram in the country, Oregon. Second its one of only two chances we have to get a marquee non-confrence win. Third, it will be the second game in two days, so depth will be more critical, and any lingering injuries will be more affected.

I obviously don't know when our guys should come back, I just hope Cuse can be playing at something close to full strength for Oregon.
I also think catching Bol early with our zone could be big.

Buddy Hughes Tyus can handle it.

I also think we should beat UCONN under any circumstances this year. Seems like they are Gilbert and 4 duds. But we haven't exactly set the world on fire in these matchups against the old Big East. This is one our betters teams, if not the best, since joining the ACC. But I'd at least like to have Carey back.

game
I also think we should beat UCONN under any circumstances this year. Seems like they are Gilbert and 4 duds. But we haven't exactly set the world on fire in these matchups against the old Big East. This is one our betters teams, if not the best, since joining the ACC. But I'd at least like to have Carey back.

Adams, Gilbert and Vital.

Howard isn’t likely to be ready for UConn or Oregon. And even if he is, he won’t have played in a year.

Adams, Gilbert and Vital.

Adams is first team AAC.

I'll give you Adams and Gilbert. Vital is meh.

There's no way they should score on us.

Buffalo, Old Dominion and Northeastern are all going to be better than UConn this year and we play them in the OOC.

shorter shot clock and more press depth helps us hide the fact we dont have guards right now.

We need Frank back 100% if this team is to be all it can be. Better to sit him early & make sure he’s ready. If he re-injures that ankle, it’ll be an issue all season. It would be great if we had all 3 at 100%, but we definitely need 2 of them once the tougher games arrive.

Not really worried about Uconn, like mentioned above Oregon should be solid. Uconn opens the year in KP ranking #102...and even though I feel they will come out differently than last year, I dont think they're a problem.

How much of a drop off would we expect at the PG if Carey is ready and Frank Howard isn't?

UConn is gonna press the hell out of us. We’re gonna need at least 2 of the 3 PGs back for that game
Passing is the best way to beat a press, not dribbling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom